Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LordofKaon I always found your thread on the previous forum helpful maybe you can include the link under Tutorials, guides, etc. It was titled "Optimal character builds and skill point allocations based on class". Besides looks like you put a lot of effort into writing this it would be ashamed to let it go to waste.

Thanks, oops almost forgot the link: https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/205/posts/48109
    Last edited by KillaZombieForMommy; 24-08-16, 08:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link

Comment

I found one more you wrote that is very helpful with a lot of links in it: "SAS 4 General info + tips to improve your gameplay (reduce lag), + Multiplayer Etiquette" https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/205-sas...ayer-etiquette

Comment

Originally posted by KillaZombieForMommy View Post
        I found one more you wrote that is very helpful with a lot of links in it: "SAS 4 General info + tips to improve your gameplay (reduce lag), + Multiplayer Etiquette" https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/205-sas...ayer-etiquette
        I'd agree that could be a very helpful thread, although I disagree with the link to the multiplayer etiquette thread.

The main problem with multiplayer etiquette is how subjective it tends to be. Do we say it's best for people to abandon their individual drops in order to bow down to the desires of a speeding assault? Or do we ask for nobody to sprint through maps, leaving some other players with nothing to do but follow the trail of bodies? Many people tend answer those questions based entirely on self-interest. Such things are why I abandoned the old thread on the archive forums (http://archive.ninjakiwi.com/Forum/s...ayer-etiquette).

The author of the slightly more recent thread (https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/205/posts/45822) admits that self-interest is what drove most of their suggestions by referencing personal experiences, and refers to other users as "incompetent", "morons", "noobs", and other demeaning insults.
        Every one is orthodox to himself, and is quick to associate a playstyle they happen to prefer with moral righteousness and demonize opposing or otherwise independent methods.
        Proud user of a 12**** [BLACK] Lone Star in SAS 4.

Comment

Simple solution, if you need time to pick up your drops, or whatever, say so. Might not work always, but that's to be expected.
          Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by undefined314 View Post
            I'd agree that could be a very helpful thread, although I disagree with the link to the multiplayer etiquette thread.

The main problem with multiplayer etiquette is how subjective it tends to be. Do we say it's best for people to abandon their individual drops in order to bow down to the desires of a speeding assault? Or do we ask for nobody to sprint through maps, leaving some other players with nothing to do but follow the trail of bodies? Many people tend answer those questions based entirely on self-interest. Such things are why I abandoned the old thread on the archive forums (http://archive.ninjakiwi.com/Forum/s...ayer-etiquette).

The author of the slightly more recent thread (https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/205/posts/45822) admits that self-interest is what drove most of their suggestions by referencing personal experiences, and refers to other users as "incompetent", "morons", "noobs", and other demeaning insults.
            Every one is orthodox to himself, and is quick to associate a playstyle they happen to prefer with moral righteousness and demonize opposing or otherwise independent methods.
            Well the etiquette stuff doesn't really matter to me so much, (I think everyone will play the style they want to no matter), but for a new player just getting started or even old player as myself that had no experience with assaults I came here looking for things like what would be the best skills to get and such and thought I would find it on this thread but I didn't see anything that was useful to me at that moment.

I really wasn't interested in leaderboards or exact gun damage or augment values, just needed a guide to steer me in the right direction.

And I agree with you, the demeaning insults would have been better left out but it still could be helpful if you can overlook those parts, after all even the author of it was once a noob like everyone else.

Comment

*sees comments*

I'd like to revise that guide before reposting.

*adds to list of things I'll probably do eventually*.

In the mean-time, it is now available in the comment section thanks to killazombie :P

Originally posted by undefined314 View Post
              There are only 2 things I loathe: people making the game take 2x longer than needed to complete it when I am carrying low lvl in nm, and people intentionally leeching (as opposed to simply not being able to do much, which is fine by me).

The former isn't 'wrong', its just impolite to the guy carrying them. The latter is always wrong IMO, and nothing will change that opinion.
              BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 Web total lvl: 1000. TK levels: 55/46. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

Just an idea,can the dev make it so you can play multiplayer with mobile players(from browser)?

Comment

i have some cool and helpful math for you all At lvl 1 tank perk costs 1600$ Out of it you get 10 cryo grenades worth 800$ total and 2 cryo turrets worth 1000 total profit of 200$ also at lvl 1 2nd perk costs 2000$ gives 10 grenades worth 400 2 hmg’s worth 600 and 2 heavyshots worth 1200 for a proffit of 200 for that perk aswell if you kept buying those perks and leaving you would earn 400$ per time first level of cheap augments is 400$ stronger ones are 800$ however cash packs are only 250$ for a single video at level one

Comment

Originally posted by OwenPlayz View Post
                    Just an idea,can the dev make it so you can play multiplayer with mobile players(from browser)?

Sounds cool, 2 problems.

Mobile is not really compatible as far as i have seen... different platform means different coding, and actual game balance differences would be a point too. Basically its the square pin in a round hole situation.

Other problem is development on sas 4 has died. So even the best and simplest of ideas almost certainly won't happen.
                    BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 Web total lvl: 1000. TK levels: 55/46. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

So, I think it would be better if we had some kind of "chat" feature, like kongregate.com has.
                      Maybe some external stuff dedicated to SAS 4, just like this link: "saszombieassault4.chatango.com" (of course, it needs improvements).
                      Or there is some kind of rule or some copyright (just an example) that could block the relationship of tools like that and the game itself?
                      Anyway, I think that a chat is something extremely useful that lacks at this game, and would greatly improve gameplay.
                      SAS: Zombie Assault 4 - World Discord Server invite:
                      Let me know if the link is broken.

Comment

So... can I ask here for help then?? In this one?
                        Last edited by Perfectard; 23-11-16, 12:24 AM.

Comment

How exactly does resc. scale? Im building a suicide medic, and I maxed 10 resc on both helm and chest, + 2 points into recovery and 1 in revive.

Comment

Useful links

Comment

Someone could help me? I keep getting "Error loading profile: Timeout - AmfCall [0] to echo.echo" when I try to log in on SAS4... what can I do? Btw, sorry if I posted on the wrong place (cellphone powerhouse XD)

Comment

Can my data be rolled back 12 hours? Had a HIKS 3100, not sure where it went, had 14 cores invested in it. I don't know how it disappeared, unless I deleted it unknowingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X