Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we add SOUP's spreadsheet for all the skill progressions?
    Blade Shooter > Tack Sprayer

Comment

You forgot the absolutely most important and awesome guide ever created... mine!

Multiplayer Strategy Etiquette by Map
      http://www.ninjakiwi.com/forums/205/posts/45822

Comment

I'll add anything useful if a link to it is provided. I don't even know where half the stuff is myself, which is why I made this for everyone
        BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 Web total lvl: 1000. TK levels: 55/46. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

Here's a link to the skill spreadsheet
          Last edited by Primatis; 27-06-16, 05:31 AM.
          Blade Shooter > Tack Sprayer

Comment

Originally posted by Primatis View Post
            I'd remove the ?highlight=skill+progression from that URL, ie http://archive.ninjakiwi.com/Forum/showthread.php/23534

By the way, this is a good opportunity to note that I just updated the gun stats on the calculator and gallery, because it turned out a handful of things were slightly out of date (essentially all just premium things, plus the furie)
            Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
            BTD5 stuff: DC archive
            BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
            SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
            Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

Added a section on augment rewards; hope you don't mind invading your post LoK.

Another update on the tools as well - the armour one now (well actually as of a few days ago) has shareable links, because I've seen quite a bit of sharing layouts by just taking screenshots.
              Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!

Comment

np. thanks topper.
                BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 Web total lvl: 1000. TK levels: 55/46. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

Could you add a section about calculating the exact stats of a gun? (Ex: How big will a max cored Feld with Capacity 12's clip size be?)
                  I'm currently holding the place of most suggestions in the NK Forums.
                  Click here to view all my:

Comment

Originally posted by CWJD View Post
                    Could you add a section about calculating the exact stats of a gun? (Ex: How big will a max cored Feld with Capacity 12's clip size be?)
                    My DPS tool does that for most stats. Pretty sure the main exceptions were just adaptive and bio, and maybe some bonuses related to movement speed. It's not immediately visible, but if you hover your mouse over the gun name in the results table, it'll tell you all the stats.

Comment

Topper, I couldn't help but notice that your gun damage tool does not appear to consider the +1% critical hit chance from the standard helmet collection bonus.

However, I'm also aware that this bonus is not displayed in the game's weapon stats for critical chance, nor is it shown on the helmet stats. Was that bonus intentionally excluded from your tool because of this?

I've seen some users suggesting that the collection bonus, while not shown, has allowed them to have critical hits on new characters that would otherwise have a 0% critical chance, but I haven't seen much evidence for this. Some suggest that it's only the display that's bugged, while others claim the actual bonus isn't granted by the game.
                      Proud user of a 12**** [BLACK] Lone Star in SAS 4.

Comment

Originally posted by undefined314 View Post
                        Topper, I couldn't help but notice that your gun damage tool does not appear to consider the +1% critical hit chance from the standard helmet collection bonus.

However, I'm also aware that this bonus is not displayed in the game's weapon stats for critical chance, nor is it shown on the helmet stats. Was that bonus intentionally excluded from your tool because of this?

I've seen some users suggesting that the collection bonus, while not shown, has allowed them to have critical hits on new characters that would otherwise have a 0% critical chance, but I haven't seen much evidence for this. Some suggest that it's only the display that's bugged, while others claim the actual bonus isn't granted by the game.
                        That wasn't intentional, just a bug, which is now fixed. It actually affected all collections, so I guess no-one looked too closely at the stats before (the lack of red gloves collection ought to be noticeable). Good thing you did.

Comment

I just realized your tool doesn't appear to factor in level 5 mastery for sniper rifles. It may not make a major difference for some builds, but the difference could be significant for many users that rely on critical hits.

Probability distributions, where x represents the probability of a critical hit occuring with a some sniper rifle prior to level 5 mastery:
                          Event Critical (Crit damage) !Critical (100% damage)
                          P(Event) x 1-x

Becomes the following when we add level 5 mastery for sniper rifles, with the chance of a super crit being 5%, given that critical hit has occurred.
                          Event Super Critical (9x normal crit damage)1 Critical (Crit damage) !Critical (100% damage)
                          P(Event) 0.05x 0.95x 1-x
                          Then the expected outcome for damage/shot/target is calculated.

1Of course, it's not especially clear whether the 9x damage means a fixed amount of 9 times the original damage/shot of the sniper rifle, or 9 times what a normal critical hit would do. I assumed the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by undefined314 View Post
                            I just realized your tool doesn't appear to factor in level 5 mastery for sniper rifles. It may not make a major difference for some builds, but the difference could be significant for many users that rely on critical hits.

1Of course, it's not especially clear whether the 9x damage means a fixed amount of 9 times the original damage/shot of the sniper rifle, or 9 times what a normal critical hit would do. I assumed the latter.
                            Precisely why I never added it. If anyone could provide evidence of it being one way or the other that'd be great.

Comment

It'd be so much easier if we had straight number values for damage dealt like so.
                              Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post

Precisely why I never added it. If anyone could provide evidence of it being one way or the other that'd be great.
                                If the boss HP values from the wikia can be trusted, it may not be too difficult (albeit time consuming). I'll try this out once I hit level 5 on my sniper mastery (I still have about 90,000 points to go).

(I'd likely use normal ammo for the test.)

5402 damage on a normal hit, ≈16260 on a critical (level 25 crit shot adds 201%, and for now I'll ignore the vague level 4 mastery, which would require a more sensitive test on its own. The 25% bonus to critical damage, whether multiplicative or additive, would not have a significant effect on this test for the level 5 mastery, so long as the boss HP does not lie anywhere near the two possibilities.)

Super critical if the normal hit damage is multiplied by 9, as if entirely replacing the critical multiplier of 3.01 with a 9:
                                5402*9 = 48618

Super critical if the critical hit damage is multiplied by 9:
                                5402*3.01*9 ≈146340

The wiki suggests that a normal necrosis has 90,000 hit points (http://saszombieassault.wikia.com/wiki/Necrosis). If enough single player games are done, eventually I'll come across one and hope for a super crit while firing at minimum range, and if one occurs, I'll see if it one-shots the necrosis. If it does, that would indicate the super crit damage exceeds 90,000, and the latter option would appear more likely. If the super crit fails to kill it in one hit at minimum range, then the first option would seem more likely.

If someone else currently has the means to try this, please, feel free. Otherwise, I'll have to get back to you once I'm able and the situation presents itself :P.

Some tips that would make this test easier:
                                To make the difference between the two possibilities much more extreme (this may require selecting a target other than a normal necrosis, preferably one that with a max HP that lines up somewhere around the mean of the upper and lower possibilities):
                                Use of a [BLACK] hornet with its damage maxed out.
                                Level 25 deadly force
                                Level 25 crit shot (for the damage bonus)
                                Armor & whatnot that provides damage boosts

To increase the frequency of critical hits, and therefore super criticals:
                                Level 25 crit shot (for the crit chance bonus)
                                Use of a [BLACK] hornet that has the pinpoint augment.
                                Armor & whatnot that provides critical chance increases.

...or you know, we could see if a developer is willing to share this information. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X