Would SAS 4 on Steam be a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would SAS 4 on Steam be a good idea?

BTD5 has a Steam edition, and I was just thinking about a Steam version of SAS 4. If it was paid, I would reduce the prices of the Premiums, to around a 1/5th of the original Flash price.
    And I hope data importing from Flash to Steam is somehow possible, like with Town of Salem.

I was also thinking of a 3D version of SAS 4, kinda like an FPS with all the maps, characters, zombies, weapons, and etc in 3D.

Originally posted by almightynutshack View Post
    BTD5 has a Steam edition, and I was just thinking about a Steam version of SAS 4. If it was paid, I would reduce the prices of the Premiums, to around a 1/5th of the original Flash price.
    And I hope data importing from Flash to Steam is somehow possible, like with Town of Salem.

I was also thinking of a 3D version of SAS 4, kinda like an FPS with all the maps, characters, zombies, weapons, and etc in 3D.
    Great idea honestly a great idea except 1 thing. that would need to allow for a non browser version of the swf file. this in itself is bad not only does it allow for hacked clients and TOS breaches but making it cost money idk. maybe if the optimize the hell out of it and give the steam users boosted odds or something maybe.... but think of it this way ROTMG is a flash game and is hacked so much that hacked clients are better then the real game, No joke they invented performance improving hacks. but that's a free game and flash is not that easy to port over to other platforms as far as i remember (from flash to java or something) but bad example as they both suck at being game platforms that run smoothly. and the 3D idea not for sas4 would be way too crazy to play but perhaps give the camera a slant to give it a 3D look? not killing ya idea or anything just throwing other things out there. also that's basically what SAS3 on mobile was in the sense of premium weapons.
    I Have no idea how skilled the NK team is so all the thing im saying could be lies

Comment

I doubt this would be considered..NK and its games are small fry compared to worldwide mmos. Who knows if valve will even allow such a niche game on the steam platform.
      Linkin Park is one of the best bands of the century..no..one of the best bands of human history..fanboy and proud (RIP Chester Bennington).
      Maybe NK can release the Rancor Sadeye in 2025 #OneLastTime Logan style?
      President Trump 2016-2021. Let's hope he doesn't start WW3. If he does RIP SAS5.
      "Stealing isn't a crime if you're on welfare" - Sublight the Wise

Comment

I think it's a bit late for that now though isn't it?
        Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

Personally I have rejected many modern top quality games, after I bought them and tried them, in favor of sas4. Last one was during my summer vacation, a really great game that lasted only for 10 days, then I was back to sas4. A binary, purchasable, downloadable version of sas4 would be lag free and make use of all available computer resources while it would require only a fraction of the resources that a modern 3D game does, enabling players with old PCs to enjoy this game to the fullest extent. I would surely pay quite a lot of money to buy and help maintain such a game.

Comment

full screen, mouse grabbed, nice lag free graphics & updates!!!

i sense they'd make some cash outta giving steam the rights to this and NK just make a percentage !!!

Comment

Working...
            X