X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groudonx
    replied
    Originally posted by Lithe View Post
    Lol you people. Just 'cause other people suck doesn't mean you have skill...
    I mean unless you like saying "I'm better than garbage!" Then hey, by all means, indulge.

This game is skill based to a minimal extent with the way the events are set up (namely being based on OTHER players performance - though it's okay in VS). It's really computer and gear based. They don't need champ guns, but they do need cores and a well-performing system or they won't be able to come close. And if the people with those suck, that's too bad, but I don't know how you can conclude "I must be good" unless you attach "compared to crap".
    Very good point indeed.
    "I must be good" worked quite well in games of the last century, now it's mainly about having/buying gear, levels, etc.
    This reduces the skill that is needed by relying on variables in the background.
    When competing against others, you should be able to individualize your gameplay with gear and skills for example, but this shouldn't give you an advantage, like he has red and I have black gear.
    Then again it is all about playing the game, if you do this long enough those problems will shift to those that haven't played as long. This is sadly an often used mechanic in games with purchasable content. Money is the root of all.

Leave a comment:

• Groudonx
    replied
    Originally posted by mopping View Post

then explain to me why there are loads of people out there with crafted champ guns, cored up gear everything, a lot of time (i see them always playing) and good computer but can barely make top 10 let alone diamond? And explain why there are others who made diamond with barely cored up gear and no champ gun?
    I don't know where you get your logic from, but even if you see 1000 perfect players, there will still only be 10 of them in the top ten.

Leave a comment:

• Groudonx
    replied
    There is no fairness, sense or skill involved in the championship, so why even bother?
    You get into the top 3 by cheating and wasting time - all that is the main part of cs.

Leave a comment:

• Meralla
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy70000 View Post
    Maybe i never win again, at least due my lobby skipping (i dont play with CS bug abusers/users/receivers), but i can say one think. If i play SAS, i dont wanna quit without trying to win CS. Ppl plz dont cry and compete with us, top ranked guys. Just try, learn how to play and enjoy good time with gaming.
    NK is not caring about the championship bug, so there will be more and more players out there over time, who have hundreds bronze, silver, gold or even diamond medals. That makes getting a good place in the CS of course easier for them. Having 15 cores on every weapon and armor piece (another bug, which makes more than 14 cores possible), is of course an advantage, few regular players have. No need for 25 skill points in Body Armor Expert for example. I guess you have to skip more and more lobbies in the future as using that bug has no consequences. NK clearly said, that they won't put any time into SAS anymore. I guess nowadays they concentrate nearly completely on mobile games. It seems they are a bigger cash cow than the PC games.

Leave a comment:

• BarbequeBBQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Ishan View Post

Well originally I was only going to diamond a champ again if a lobby leaver was in the top 3 but I guess I can add rude people to that list.

Btw you're making it seem like winning a championship is a 24/7 type of commitment. It takes like 5 hours max for apoc and virus samples can vary depending on the lobbies but no more than maybe 4-5 hours a day as well. 5 hours for vs is quite a bit on the high side though since that's assuming it takes 15 minutes per game. (building, lobbying, playing, etc.).

Also while I was still diamonding champs I was able to get extracurriculars done, get straight A's in honors/AP classes, and manage to have a social life (sleep did fall a bit but it was consistently 7 hours a night). You guys make it out to be this no sleep no nothing except for sas4 event which is simply just not true.

Btw the main premise of your comment is flawed. Championships aren't meant to be won by 'normal' people, they're supposed to be won by the best of the best just like any other competition.
    Good roared, lion. ☺

Leave a comment:

• Ishan
    replied
    Originally posted by imascrub View Post
    4-5 hours a day? Damn, lucky
    I don't see how luck is involved but alright.

Leave a comment:

• imascrub
    replied
    4-5 hours a day? Damn, lucky

Leave a comment:

• Ishan
    replied
    Originally posted by Necrophile View Post
    I'm asking all players who have more than 3 black badges: please leave this game, go get a life and let normal people win a championship at least once.

Thank you in advance.
    Well originally I was only going to diamond a champ again if a lobby leaver was in the top 3 but I guess I can add rude people to that list.

Btw you're making it seem like winning a championship is a 24/7 type of commitment. It takes like 5 hours max for apoc and virus samples can vary depending on the lobbies but no more than maybe 4-5 hours a day as well. 5 hours for vs is quite a bit on the high side though since that's assuming it takes 15 minutes per game. (building, lobbying, playing, etc.).

Also while I was still diamonding champs I was able to get extracurriculars done, get straight A's in honors/AP classes, and manage to have a social life (sleep did fall a bit but it was consistently 7 hours a night). You guys make it out to be this no sleep no nothing except for sas4 event which is simply just not true.

In addition the main premise of your comment is flawed. Championships aren't meant to be won by 'normal' people, they're supposed to be won by the best of the best just like any other competition.
    Last edited by Ishan; 29-12-16, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Necrophile
    replied
    I'm asking all players who have more than 3 black badges: please leave this game, go get a life and let normal people win a championship at least once.

Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy70000
    replied
    I think VS is very skilled event. For success u need few thinks. 1/ timing, 2/ speed, 3/ Shredder, Jag, 3100, 4/ partners, 5/ good PC, 6/ gear

For example:

1/ i have bad timing so i cant win against best. Timing=skill
    2/ speed, yeah my fast movement is around 110%+adrenaline
    3/ shredder rulezz over other guns, b4 was average gap between me and winner 100-300 points, with shredder im slower by 1000-2500 points. Why shredder make others too laggy, so even my speed+adrenaline im way slower. But except shredder games i can compete good enough for top10 in final CS rank.
    4/ partners, i got boost in Onslaught map for few games with one of best ppl in SAS, basically he did nothing, he just stay in bottom and shoot to left or right side. Suddenly my score jump from 300 to 380 points per game without Shredder
    5/ i7 4790
    6/ gear, i dont think is necessary fully cored armor. For samples i use this one set up:

http://i.imgur.com/34ecmEQ.png
    http://i.imgur.com/TNfSJFs.png

Resume:

U need SKILLS for winning. 25% timing, 25% decent speed, 15% gun, 15% boost, 15% PC is most important mix for winning VS, and only 5% for gear.

Maybe i never win again, at least due my lobby skipping (i dont play with CS bug abusers/users/receivers), but i can say one think. If i play SAS, i dont wanna quit without trying to win CS. Ppl plz dont cry and compete with us, top ranked guys. Just try, learn how to play and enjoy good time with gaming.

Last edited by Jimmy70000; 28-12-16, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crazywhiteman418
    replied
    Certain highly cored weapons and max speed armor make VS more succesful. And a computer/flash browser mix that allows you to actually pick up samples at the end...

And having a fairly good strategy and players who don't or can't sabotage your strategy.

Leave a comment:

• mopping
    replied
    Originally posted by imascrub View Post
    Virus samples is already one of my least favorite gamemodes, not because it's hard (in fact, I pretty much win every game), but because it's not as fun as LMS or apoc.
    I have to agree apoc is more fun

Leave a comment:

• mopping
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Halo View Post

I disagree with you. The only thing that is skill in the Virus Samples event is the moving of the character. You hold a full set of championship weapons and max-cored armor, therefore you have an incredible chance to success in the championship - just like you've done in this one.
    I dont use championship weapons for VS, nor do I have max cored armor.

Leave a comment:

• imascrub
    replied
    Virus samples is already one of my least favorite gamemodes, not because it's hard (in fact, I pretty much win every game), but because it's not as fun as LMS or apoc.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Halo
    replied
    Originally posted by mopping View Post

You are terribly mistaken if you think virus samples takes no skill. It's easily one of the most skill-intensive events next to apocalypse.
    I disagree with you. The only thing that is skill in the Virus Samples event is the moving of the character. You hold a full set of championship weapons and max-cored armor, therefore you have an incredible chance to success in the championship - just like you've done in this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X