You guys ever going to be satisfied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobEatsHicks View Post
    and sublight, ur definitely not only a little bit butthurt if youre complaining about repeat diamond cs winners

(akul i have nothing against you as a player, but eh non-worthy players just dont deserve a diamond badge at all like i said, look at dartmonkey and thfms, they tried but got knocked down because they dont deserve diamond at all)

Yea , th and monkey are leavers, and others players they defintly dont deserve diamond.

Comment

agreed akul

also ahem zx, please explain why a guy with max speed, being a assault and has a trident cant even score like 4k on onslaught vs? explain pls because im interested to know if that has anything to do with skill

Comment

I notice, that in the past there were much more ranks in 1% than there are now. 1% went to rank 20+ earlier, now it only goes to rank 10-15. So less players playing.

Comment

and sublight, ur definitely not only a little bit butthurt if youre complaining about repeat diamond cs winners

(akul i have nothing against you as a player, but eh non-worthy players just dont deserve a diamond badge at all like i said, look at dartmonkey and thfms, they tried but got knocked down because they dont deserve diamond at all)
          What do the silent players who don't visit the NK forums say about this issue?
          Last edited by Sublight; 19-12-16, 02:50 AM.
          Linkin Park is one of the best bands of the century..no..one of the best bands of human history..fanboy and proud (RIP Chester Bennington).
          Maybe NK can release the Rancor Sadeye in 2025 #OneLastTime Logan style?
          President Trump 2016-2021. Let's hope he doesn't start WW3. If he does RIP SAS5.
          "Stealing isn't a crime if you're on welfare" - Sublight the Wise

Comment

Lol you people. Just 'cause other people suck doesn't mean you have skill...
            I mean unless you like saying "I'm better than garbage!" Then hey, by all means, indulge.

This game is skill based to a minimal extent with the way the events are set up (namely being based on OTHER players performance - though it's okay in VS). It's really computer and gear based. They don't need champ guns, but they do need cores and a well-performing system or they won't be able to come close. And if the people with those suck, that's too bad, but I don't know how you can conclude "I must be good" unless you attach "compared to crap".

Comment

Originally posted by Lithe View Post
              Lol you people. Just 'cause other people suck doesn't mean you have skill...
              I mean unless you like saying "I'm better than garbage!" Then hey, by all means, indulge.

This game is skill based to a minimal extent with the way the events are set up (namely being based on OTHER players performance - though it's okay in VS). It's really computer and gear based. They don't need champ guns, but they do need cores and a well-performing system or they won't be able to come close. And if the people with those suck, that's too bad, but I don't know how you can conclude "I must be good" unless you attach "compared to crap".
              nope, it takes no skill to get to wave 70+ in apocalypse. it takes no skill to score 2000 points each game in apoc consistently. it takes no skill to win every virus game. yep you're right about everything, nothing take skill, all PC. its all about good PC right? not like quite a few people won diamond with mediocre or worse pc.

Comment

I'd say there there is minimal skill but I wouldn't call it as far as non-existent. It is more based on knowing what armor and weapons set up and what to bring for a particular event and what to do during those events which comes under knowledge supported by a better than average PC.

The move from old champ to new champ is starting to show incompatibilities which was not foreseen back when it was implemented imo. 2,3,4 player lobbies didn't matter so much back then but they do now for a high score based scoring system.The whole champ set up is one of the reasons why the old champ system based on time zones was better than our current. The lobby picking would be kept minimal because you can't afford to waste time picking competition when bosses needed to be killed. I'm sure if a quiet time zone was picked with a smaller time window to prevent over grinders, there will still be player turn out because of the incentives from champs (I believe this addresses one of the issues that lead to nk not opting for around the clock time slots and placed majority of the champs during peak times). Eventually you will find a time zone, at a particular time slot where some champ winners will not be able to make it so it gives other players have a chance to go for it.

I'm sure some of the champ winners would just happen to end up within the top tier without trying too much because all the armour/weapons that they have accumulated from previous champs/champ bug exploits. I suppose its also good reminder sometimes we forget others are after the same thing too and it can be seen as a bit selfish but there is probably not much can be done about it unless the setup of champ changes which probably won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mopping View Post

nope, it takes no skill to get to wave 70+ in apocalypse. it takes no skill to score 2000 points each game in apoc consistently. it takes no skill to win every virus game. yep you're right about everything, nothing take skill, all PC. its all about good PC right? not like quite a few people won diamond with mediocre or worse pc.
                  Feel free to draw hyperbole from my post.

Tell me anyone who has won diamond with mediocre or worse PC AS OF LATE and make sure you do it in comparison to the others who have won diamond with good PCs. I mean surely they won it against the top of the top that were actually caring, right? Which is the whole point of Sublight's post, implying that others with these crap PCs will only win or come close when those with the good PCs (who evidently don't suck) don't care enough to try?

I think a lot of my gripes would change if LMS was made solo and score was based on kills and survival time and Apocalypse was turned solo as well. I'd love to see you consistently get 2k then and even then, assuming I got farther than round 30 due to less lag in single player (I most certainly would) I still couldn't say you had skill lol. I mean seriously if I can get complacent and get to round 30 virtually solo right now (with your round 50+ lag starting from my round 25), how is this game skill-based? It's just shoot and spam cryos and DON'T GET CARELESS. Not "possess skill to even make it in the first place".

You'd have to go way back to see that. Apocalypse with no [BLACK] guns and cores - that's when you really have to start trying, when 4p really counts 'cause making it solo just won't cut it, but with the uber-grind this game is right now, it allocated "skill" to "gear" and to go even further, the computer specs.

Comment

I'd say all the hostility stems from the fact that you are competing for both a high score and and against other players. If it was changed so that you only had to compete for a set score then this won't happen. We have enough information from that most champ winners are above 90k medals per non nm medal inclusive for the long version of the championship so if the champ rewards was set at 95k ish or whatever the appropriate amount you think it is which qualifies for a champ gun then this provides everyone with an opportunity to win one without scaling it with everyone elses time/effort to get one too.

The skill in the game comes from knowledge which that comes from experience. Each map, boss type, player type, zombie type (DMs) must be treated differently in order to consistently get that high score in every game without rematching and ultimately spending more time on the game than necessary. currently most champ winners are sporting high crit, HTL, adrenaline and damage boosting skills to limit the time spent on each game so they can still compete in limited spare time. You can obviously bypass most this junk with a bad ass PC but as of late I can say that most of the player base has decreased to the point where the only champ winners remaining are those who do have a monster PC and it was brought upon by removing the old grind championships that removed the option for slower PC champ winners the chance to actually win. Now that this champ style is gone the slow PC champ winners most have stopped competing and left those with strong PCs hog onto top spot.
                    Last edited by Beep; 18-12-16, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithe View Post

Feel free to draw hyperbole from my post.

Tell me anyone who has won diamond with mediocre or worse PC AS OF LATE and make sure you do it in comparison to the others who have won diamond with good PCs. I mean surely they won it against the top of the top that were actually caring, right? Which is the whole point of Sublight's post, implying that others with these crap PCs will only win or come close when those with the good PCs (who evidently don't suck) don't care enough to try?

I think a lot of my gripes would change if LMS was made solo and score was based on kills and survival time and Apocalypse was turned solo as well. I'd love to see you consistently get 2k then and even then, assuming I got farther than round 30 due to less lag in single player (I most certainly would) I still couldn't say you had skill lol. I mean seriously if I can get complacent and get to round 30 virtually solo right now (with your round 50+ lag starting from my round 25), how is this game skill-based? It's just shoot and spam cryos and DON'T GET CARELESS. Not "possess skill to even make it in the first place".

You'd have to go way back to see that. Apocalypse with no [BLACK] guns and cores - that's when you really have to start trying, when 4p really counts 'cause making it solo just won't cut it, but with the uber-grind this game is right now, it allocated "skill" to "gear" and to go even further, the computer specs.
                      1. gjdgjdfj - won 1st place against john and lordofkaon (this was when he had a horrible PC)
                      2. mrdmc1000 - won 3rd place against crazywhiteman and aaaditya
                      3. crazywhiteman418 - won 2nd place against aaaditya and mrdmc1000(at the time his pc was mediocre)
                      4. aaaditya - won 1st (technically 2nd) against lordofkaon and sniper315, won 1st against mrdmc1000 and crazywhiteman418, won 2nd against ishan and hangel102, won 3rd against myself and davidarx
                      5. alpha_z - (pretty sure his pc was mediocre or below when he won a ~year ago) won 1st against kaijj and bu11seye00, won 2nd against gorohd and mister garibaldi
                      6. ishan - won 1st against aaaditya and hangel102, won 2nd against gjdgjdfj and hangel102, and just recently won 3rd against myself and gjdgjdfj
                      7. black beetle - won 3rd against jayki and the_doomsday, won 3rd again against acrat and gorohd
                      8. john fausnaught - won 2nd against gjdgjdfj and lordofkaon
                      probably more winners with mediocre or below pcs im not aware of.
                      lordofkaon, hangel102, davidarx, gorohd, mister garibaldi and jayki all have at least decent PCs. I know kaijj and the_doomsday have very good pcs right now, idk if they did before.

clearly in many instances a person with a mediocre or bad PC competed against people with good PCs and the person with the worse PC won.

you say you got to wave 30 in single player, good for you wave 30 for me and others is a complete joke but wave 52 isnt. quite a difference there, just saying as it seems ur not aware of that. also how do you play "single player"? you're not allowed to play single player apoc, unless you mean to say you carried, which is something myself and others have done many times. Additionally it also seems you're completely unaware of what lagtank is, and the fact that a person with a worse PC has the potential to outperform someone with a top of the line PC. Lagtank is where you get laggy so that zombs on ur screen move slow. You do realize when you have a good PC all zombs move super sanic, as does the necro.
                      if anything the event thats more PC based is virus samples. Still in this event someone with a decent PC can beat someone with a top of the line PC. In the recent champ we saw Ishan overtake trueststar in virus samples even though ishan has a 5 year old mediocre CPU while trueststar has a top of the line i7 6700k. In addition Ishan performed about equally well in apocalypse compared to truest (still talking about the recent m1k champ) while ALSO having less time.

I believe this is enough evidence to prove you wrong, that to get to wave 52 in apocalypse with consistency doesnt require a good PC, gear only to an extent, but certainly requires skill. The same can be said for winning diamond in a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Beep View Post
                        I'd say all the hostility stems from the fact that you are competing for both a high score and and against other players. If it was changed so that you only had to compete for a set score then this won't happen. We have enough information from that most champ winners are above 90k medals per non nm medal inclusive for the long version of the championship so if the champ rewards was set at 95k ish or whatever the appropriate amount you think it is which qualifies for a champ gun then this provides everyone with an opportunity to win one without scaling it with everyone elses time/effort to get one too.

The skill in the game comes from knowledge which that comes from experience. Each map, boss type, player type, zombie type (DMs) must be treated differently in order to consistently get that high score in every game without rematching and ultimately spending more time on the game than necessary. currently most champ winners are sporting high crit, HTL, adrenaline and damage boosting skills to limit the time spent on each game so they can still compete in limited spare time. You can obviously bypass most this junk with a bad ass PC but as of late I can say that most of the player base has decreased to the point where the only champ winners remaining are those who do have a monster PC and it was brought upon by removing the old grind championships that removed the option for slower PC champ winners the chance to actually win. Now that this champ style is gone the slow PC champ winners most have stopped competing and left those with strong PCs hog onto top spot.
                        While i agree that this championship system can create hostility, it is also more enjoyable the way it is than it would be if everyone had to aim for a set score. Personally i think 95k medals is even a bit high, in the recent champ I barely made 95434 even though I was scoring quite a bit higher than how much the average diamond winning player would score. The problem with this though is there wouldnt be a 2nd and 3rd place, so the top 3 dont get their rank-based rewards because there arent any ranks in the 1st place with this system u suggest. But then what about for gold, silver and the other ranks? It would be unfair if these ranks were like normal and diamond was like the way u suggest. The minimal amount for these ranks are also not very predictable, as I see them vary quite a bit.

Agreed, part of the skill comes from knowledge and experience. There is also the other part thats more physical, which would apply mostly in virus but also to an extent in apoc. I disagree though the people with worse pcs arent competing anymore, in the recent champs we saw aaaditya and Ishan win diamond, who both have mediocre pc's.

Comment

http://prntscr.com/dl2ss9

http://prntscr.com/dl2t6c

http://prntscr.com/dl2t9f

k, zx and lithe, that guy who got utterly rekt had max fm and more speed than me, and i still destroyed him with 1 fm. tell me if thats skill or luck? and i only have a macbook

just face it, you and lithe lost this argument

Comment

btw mop, its also a note that jayki has a medicore pc at best, we played a apoc on is and we both lagged like hell

Comment

also lithe, are u actually telling me the game takes minimal skill? than go ahead and try to diamond a cs with a good pc, and a good character. lets see if you win, because ill bet 1 million dollars that you wont get top 3

Comment

btw mop, its also a note that jayki has a medicore pc at best, we played a apoc on is and we both lagged like hell
                                I thought jayki quit? last time i checked her channel she hasn't posted in a couple of months
                                Linkin Park is one of the best bands of the century..no..one of the best bands of human history..fanboy and proud (RIP Chester Bennington).
                                Maybe NK can release the Rancor Sadeye in 2025 #OneLastTime Logan style?
                                President Trump 2016-2021. Let's hope he doesn't start WW3. If he does RIP SAS5.
                                "Stealing isn't a crime if you're on welfare" - Sublight the Wise

Comment

Working...
                                X