Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which weapon is better on an apoc heavy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• papap
    replied
    i think trident is better.

Leave a comment:

• Kandrko
    replied
    HIKS 3100 for zombies, HIKS M1000 for bosses. I don't see how trident can be better for late apoc shielders. Also, deadly, oc, adap and bio as augs for 3100.

Leave a comment:

• ZX840
    replied
    I think the answer for this is quite obvious if your secondary is going to be a champ gun.

Leave a comment:

• mopping
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbequeBBQ View Post
    I am a big fan of the RIA Trident. It is such a powerful weapon. I cannot even count how many friends of mine use that gun at Apoc. And all have the same opinion "great all rounder".
    I don't think that you'll get any troubles with those shielders, because HTL is active most of the time and makes you ignore that tiny contra of this insane gun.
    As i can see your bossing gun will be m1k, so your augs shall be...
    Deadly, Overclocked, Adaptive, Bio

You definately need a healing gun at any game mode. The only optional aug would be Adaptive, it can be replaced with Capacity or Pinpoint(rarely seen). I would recommend Adap, because the gun has very good reload time and you going to use m1k for bossing anyway. What makes pinpoint ... pointless ^-^

Greetings

BBQ
    pinpoint can come into play for mobbing as well

Leave a comment:

• BarbequeBBQ
    replied
    I am a big fan of the RIA Trident. It is such a powerful weapon. I cannot even count how many friends of mine use that gun at Apoc. And all have the same opinion "great all rounder".
    I don't think that you'll get any troubles with those shielders, because HTL is active most of the time and makes you ignore that tiny contra of this insane gun.
    As i can see your bossing gun will be m1k, so your augs shall be...
    Deadly, Overclocked, Adaptive, Bio

You definately need a healing gun at any game mode. The only optional aug would be Adaptive, it can be replaced with Capacity or Pinpoint(rarely seen). I would recommend Adap, because the gun has very good reload time and you going to use m1k for bossing anyway. What makes pinpoint ... pointless ^-^

Greetings

BBQ

Leave a comment:

• mopping
    replied
    As someone who has used both (max cored) extensively, id say trident is better by quite a bit. 3100 is simply very easy to use while trident takes more skill and more getting used to. Reasons being that the trident has more than 50% higher DPS, it can pierce through an insanely high number of mobs per shot (with HTL, which does actually come in handy from time to time), it can be used very effectively for bossing not only mobbing, and it weighs a lot less allowing for a much better oriented apoc build. It is sufficient for shielders that are not DM, and while it does have small issues with shielders of any type (and big struggle with DM) having high critical damage fixes most of the issues. Despite its big struggle with DM shielders Ive managed several 2k games (with dm shielders) using it. Id say trident is definitely the best apoc weapon for the heavy class.

Someone such as lightning may disagree with me, but keep in mind he has ZERO experience with a trident in apoc and he personally uses a 3100, therefore he has a lot of bias. Ive used both extensively as I said, im not biased.

Leave a comment:

• Lightning
    replied
    They're about equal, 3100 being better for shielders and Trident being better for blaoters. So honestly 3100 would probably be better, if you're using a M1000 as a secondary (you can use that on the bloaters), as most people wouldn't have the resources for another CS weapon.

Leave a comment:

• crazywhiteman418
    replied
    Trident is nice because it's cheap and has wide beam killing. I haven't used it without adapt, so I can't say how well it works without it. Deadly, oc, bio are nice. Con: Struggles with shielders

3100 is good for everything, but may struggle late with dps. Hits everything well. I'd suggest deadly, oc, capacity, bio. Capacity so 2 points in fs will likely keep you in ammo. Con: Expensive ammo

Haven't used tempest in late apoc, so can't really say. I've noticed it seems slightly underpowered in nm and LMS for my liking. Deadly, oc, adaptive, bio would be my augs. Adaptive I would consider necessary. Con: lower dps, black shotguns collection almost necessary

Proposition is what my heavy has. my augs are deadly, oc, capacity, bio. Rips things to shreds for a long time (30+ seconds). High dps and pierce make it a bloater pack nightmare (and can cause lag because of how quick it kills them). Good type of inaccuracy for mobbing. Cons: Struggles with shielders, struggles in short range combat (barrel is pretty long, can make it hard to kill stuff if it's on you).

Jadg works ok if you've got a good enough computer, but the dps you will likely find lacking. Will struggle with bloater packs in late apoc.

These would be the ones I would consider for your purposes, and not necessarily in this order. Having one in your inventory could save as much as 3 cores, so consider that cost also.

Leave a comment:

• Lithe
    replied
    Augments depends on how your build is, but since you're asking for a Heavy, I assume you have at least Heavy Gear so obviously not skeletonized. I'd still get adaptive since 25% has never been enough for my tastes, and it makes it better for bossing. I always go for reload so I never bother with capacity. That generally leaves biosynthesis for any screw-ups you may have.

Leave a comment:

• Superninjaboss
    started a poll Which weapon is better on an apoc heavy?

Which weapon is better on an apoc heavy?

HIKS 3100
    50.00%
    RIA Trident
    50.00%
    And also, what augments are best?
    The second primary will be the HIKS M1000, ofc.
Working...
X