Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I improve my loadout and skills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I improve my loadout and skills?

Currently, I'm a level 53 assault. I consider my playstyle is backing away from zombie hordes while shooting them.
    here's my current loadout

My red tempest came pre-auged with capacity
    I used an elite core to erase the existing pre-augments on my red 10*** S300, and added Deadly, Tenacious, and >>>>capacity<<<<
    My black Luftplatzen is incomplete, but it has Deadly, Overclocked, and >>>>capacity<<<<

I consider my current skill choices bad, how can I improve it? Should I use 10 of my 17 coins to reset my skills?
    And should I just wait for another black Luftplatzen and augment it with Deadly, Adaptive, and maybe Capacity? I'm not sure if I could make use of overclocked

I can't attach photos of my loadout, so I'll just tell you what my skills are:
    3 in fast reload
    6 in fast movement
    6 in toughness
    7 in recovery time
    3 in health regen
    4 in pay grade (i'm using it so i can quickly get sas creds)
    3 in bae
    3 in energy boost
    3 in adrenaline
    3 in deadly force
    5 in gun mod expert (so i can augment my high level guns/armor and get black keys from the rewards)
    3 in stim shot
    1 in killing spree
    3 in assault team

There are usually bounties that offer up respec tokens as a reward for plat and two for diamond. Be patient for these events and then self-boost Pods or Vaccine games to get as many kills as possible (also good for leveling up).

When you are able to respec, you should probably make something like:

15 Fast Movement
    15 Adrenaline
    (?) points in BAE (depends on your armor, if you have decent [BLACK] pieces with appropriate defense augments, put like 15-20. If you don't, BAE is kinda worthless and your playstyle should keep you alive more than just tanking).
    1 Killing Spree
    1 Stim Shot
    1 Crit shot
    15-20 points if not in BAE in more fast movement/adrenaline/faster reload. If you have no armor but don't wanna be a burden on your team when you die, I'd suggest getting Resuscitating armor pieces and not bothering with the skill. If you can get a [RED] Rubicon Power Assist vest w/ Resuscitating, that would be great for movement and revive speed.

Your style seems to sound like a kiting style, which is pretty common in this game (and all zombie games, really), and very effective/useful. The other skills that you would take points out of aren't nearly as useful for that as the skills above. Good armor lets you get careless with your aim and movement, but in the end, killing the zombies quickly is the best way to not die. The level of armor you have will determine just how careless you can get so you should alter your build accordingly.

P.S. didn't put much about Faster Reload because the bulk of reload speed comes from nimble augmented gloves (Titan IDS is best). But if your reload speed feels unbearable, you might consider subbing some points out of Fast Movement for it. There is probably no need to exceed 8 points though, unless you want to hit cap reload speed on all guns.

Comment

My armor is:

RED Carbon Fibre Helmet 10** Smart Target & fortified
      BLACK Special Forces Vest 6** Fortified Hazchem
      BLACK Carbon Fibre Globes 10** Fortified Nimble
      BLACK Shotlite Hummingbird P1 5** Fortified Machine Assisted
      Titan MEM Sprint 4** Revitalising (i believe this was a pre-aug) Machine Assisted

my black armor pieces are from black strongboxes i opened

Comment

Today I feel like being helpful, so I'm gonna give you some advice. First, DO NOT use elite cores on ANY gear that's not black, and even if it's black you should ask the forums maybe if you should core it. The reason is simple: cores are >>rare<< AF. Second, capacity is a terrible augment for a hiks s300. Third, your black luft is fine with its current augs (deadly/overclock/capacity), those work very well keep those. You don't need adaptive for luft once you have rocket mastery level 5. Yes you are right, your skill choices are horrible so let me explain what you should do:

3 fast reload - for faster reload speed so you don't die while reloading
        25 adrenaline - for big damage per second boost, reload and movement boost as well
        13 BAE - you have some black armor so having some BAE can be helpful, should invest more points once you get more black armor
        10 fast movement - so you can run fast and dodge zombies/bosses, etc
        1 stim shot - can save you a lot
        1 killing spree - for more damage, should definitely start investing in this skill now

For now I recommend investing killing spree and maybe a bit of BAE, later on once you have those maxed you can invest in critical shot. Don't bother with any of the other skills.

Comment

So which skill build should I go with?

Comment

There are many good skills. My favorite final build is:
            25 Adrenaline
            25 Killing Spree
            25 Critical Shot
            25 Body Armor Expert
            7 Fast Movement
            1 Stim Shot

One point in stim shot is a must, but don't get more than one because there is no big difference between one and two points in it, so putting more points into stim shot is a waste. Then you should max out Adrenaline. Killing Spree and Critical Shot also increases your dps, but I maxed them out last. If you want to get dps, these skills are a must. When I was level 51, I had 25 Adrenaline, 15 Killing Spreet, 10 Fast Movement, 1 Stim Shot and maxed out BAE next.
            I don't like Deadly Force because 1% per point is not much, maxing out critical shot is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Superninjaboss View Post
              There are many good skills. My favorite final build is:
              25 Adrenaline
              25 Killing Spree
              25 Critical Shot
              25 Body Armor Expert
              7 Fast Movement
              1 Stim Shot

One point in stim shot is a must, but don't get more than one because there is no big difference between one and two points in it, so putting more points into stim shot is a waste. Then you should max out Adrenaline. Killing Spree and Critical Shot also increases your dps, but I maxed them out last. If you want to get dps, these skills are a must. When I was level 51, I had 25 Adrenaline, 15 Killing Spreet, 10 Fast Movement, 1 Stim Shot and maxed out BAE next.
              I don't like Deadly Force because 1% per point is not much, maxing out critical shot is better.
              Should I go with BAE first instead of killing spree?

Comment

See if you can get ks going with 1 point before going too crazy in investing in it. extremely powerful if you can get it going, but that's only if you can get it going.

Looks like it could be hard with your current guns....

Comment

Originally posted by crazywhiteman418 View Post
                  See if you can get ks going with 1 point before going too crazy in investing in it. extremely powerful if you can get it going, but that's only if you can get it going.

Looks like it could be hard with your current guns....
                  i had no trouble activating KS with red luft, he has black one so he should definitely be fine

Comment

so... should i use 10 nk coins to respec my skills? i'm planning to go with mopping's suggestion
                    sorry if i'm bothering you
                    maybe i'll consider saving my future skill points for when i become level 75

Comment

Well they're your coins, and I can't imagine what else you'd use them for.

But like I said, you could just wait for a bounty to get the respec tokens. Between your current build and the ones suggested, at level 53, not much will change. If you had a weak level 100 build and then respec to a good build, then you'd notice a difference a bit more, but the difference is less pronounced at level 53. If you're feeling impatient just use them, but I'd wait and check the bounty rewards for those tokens.

Comment

Well for starters, not putting 6 points into every skill like 100 other people I see a day do would be a great start. Sure each skill is good in its own way, but if you're gonna play Multiplayer, you need to build something better.

The best thing for you to do to improve your skills is to read the description that is clearly written on each skill, and then determine what would suit you better - reading the wiki is also a good way to understand skills a bit more.

From what I read, I would guess you're after a high-damage-output-speed-build. So as a suggestion:
                        For basics, what you'd be wanting is 25x Adrenaline, Crit, Deadly Force and/or Killing Spree and Fast Movement. That's your speed and damage taken care of. Although if you feel you'll need defenses, replace one of those with BAE, oh and before I forget, 1 in Stim Shot of course.
                        Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

The wiki is unreliable

Comment

I know, but it's another way to assist people
                            Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

sorry for necro post but now i have my skill respec
                              also i'm currently level 63 with a red 7*** hornet and a red 10*** mixmaster both with deadly oc adapt
                              armor is the same except i have a red titan mem sprint with 5 on machine assisted

i don't use adrenaline much; i only use it for when i have to run away or fighting a boss that takes long to kill

Comment

Working...
                              X