Weapon masteries question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon masteries question

Trying to figure out how these are applied. So if I've got a -8% to the movement penalty for a rocket launcher, my understanding is that, if I have 25 points in Heavy Gear, this causes me to have a speed boost of 8%. Same thing with the LMG. Do these only apply if I am actively using the weapon? What if I have it equipped but am not using it? What if I'm not using a rocket launcher or an LMG?

It'd be pretty cool if the game rewards us for grinding out all of the weapons to stack on some of them sweet bonuses, like a 15% damage bump against bosses for training up assault rifles. Not sure how it works though, anyone know?

+++EDIT+++

I did notice that once I hit high enough on my sniper rifle mastery, the 5% bonus to critical chance applied to all my weapons, even if I wasn't using a sniper rifle in my load out.
    Last edited by paladin sponge; 20-11-16, 10:05 PM. Reason: Added note on sniper rifles

I don't know much about Heavy Gear myself, but I hear some Heavies using it when they've got 25 in it they actually gain speed from their 'heavy gear' from proposition for example.

I don't think it flips though, as think of an M1K if you got 25 heavy gear you'll 95% speed bonus or 90, whatever it is. ^.^

Not 100% sure what you're asking about Masteries but the mastery say for assault rifles will apply to all assault rifles and they do stack, they're not replaced as you get further up to 5.

Hopefully this answered some of your questions. :P

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's wielded weapon for the movement ones. I notice a significant change (in the negative direction) in movement speed when I switch from blazer to 3100 on a HG heavy for ammo recovery.

note to heavyou gear heavies: DO NOT PUT SKELETONIZED ON RL OR LMGS OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER! it will only make you slower.

Comment

kk, thanks.

Comment

You only get the mastery bonus for the gun u are currently yielding.
          If I've got a -8% to the movement penalty for a rocket launcher and you yield a rocket launcher with a movement penalty of -50%, the penalty will decrease by 8% form -50% to -46%.
          so only 4% if you use a weapon (e.g.MK1000) with a penalty of 100% it will be decreased from -100 to -92% so you get a 8% buff.
          If you use skeletonised it will only decrease the remaining movement penalty. Heavy gear however is applied differently so hg user do get movement buffs as high as the others get reduced penalties. thats why the mk1000 is so awesome with hg.

Comment

So basically, HG applies to everything, even armour. But if your mastery reduces movement penalty, the HG is still applied. Say you have 25 HG, and an LMG (with the masteries). It'll reduce the full amount, and then add 20% due to the LMG mastery.

Masteries and HG both apply while wielding the weapon, and you do not have to be firing it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazywhiteman418 View Post
              I'm pretty sure it's wielded weapon for the movement ones. I notice a significant change (in the negative direction) in movement speed when I switch from blazer to 3100 on a HG heavy for ammo recovery.

note to heavyou gear heavies: DO NOT PUT SKELETONIZED ON RL OR LMGS OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER! it will only make you slower.
              It will not make you slower. It will make you faster assuming you don't have 25 Heavy Gear. If you do have Heavy Gear maxed, then it won't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnlyJRQL View Post

It will not make you slower. It will make you faster assuming you don't have 25 Heavy Gear. If you do have Heavy Gear maxed, then it won't do anything.
                You're wrong. Skeletonized will decrease the bonus you get from the mastery.

For instance, you get a 12.3% bonus for masteries and collections on a m1k. if you skeletonize it, you will lose 75% of that bonus.

And it was a note to heavy gear heavies. Does not apply if you're not.

Edited to add: Pants and Gloves Masteries are also affected by the weight of the item, not included in this value...which pushes the bonus to 20.9%
                Last edited by crazywhiteman418; 22-11-16, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnlyJRQL View Post

don't make me show physical evidence. I don't have a core on my heavy rn...
                  Patience is a virtue. Please wait while we get Axl Rose to finish my Signature.
                  NK Stats:

Comment

Working...
                  X