Nerfed again, the Candy Sample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerfed again, the Candy Sample

Isso está virando piada, eu pensei que não iriam mais, diminuir o limite, do tempo dos Eventos em SAS4! Mas quando eu vi hoje, baixaram as 25 rodadas de "Candy Sample" para 20 rodadas apenas. Está certo que esse evendo, é um dos mais facil em SAS4, mas se eles aplicaram o NERF aqui, ele também devem diminuir o tempo em "Ultimo Homem Solitario" que tem apenas "8 rodadas limite" e "Apocalipse" que tem misero "4 partidas". Se continuar assim, os time vão aceitar APENAS nvl.100 com armas premium de 400 Coins NK mais roupa 100% Black do mais raro em cair.

Translation:
    This is becoming a joke, I thought they would not go any farther, shorten the time limit of the Events in SAS4! But when I saw it today, they downloaded the 25 rounds of "Candy Sample" for only 20 rounds. It is certain that this is one of the easiest in SAS4, but if they applied the NERF here, it should also decrease the time in "Last Solitary Man" that has only "8 rounds limit" and "Apocalypse" that has misero " 4 matches ". If this continues, the team will ONLY accept nvl.100 with 400 Coins NK premium weapons plus 100% Black clothing from the rarest to fall.

I have to admit that I'm all for unlimited attempts grindfest championships. There would need to be some changes to the events themselves to spur at least some skill requirements (e.g. more points in later rounds of apoc), but I'd love to see the current Diamond medalists actually have to work for it only to realize that LoK is indeed right: championships are a big waste of time. I'm even convinced that the total medals equilibrium and all-around championship meta-game wouldn't even change all that much, but alas...

My main question is why is it back to Candy Samples? October has been over for long enough and it actually switched to regular Virus Samples for a few of the events...so I mean why now?

Don't tell me it's Thanksgiving or Christmas 'cause it just doesn't quite match them (Christmas and candy comes somewhat close, but no cigar).

Comment

You can attempt as many times as you want. And the guys that are diamonding the Champs are playing quite a bit to get "perfect" scores. And it takes even longer to do it when people run.

I think the main thing is balancing the score total between Apoc and VS. VS scores were potentially quite a bit higher than maxed apoc (1000+).

Comment

It's funny that the SAS4 promo still has the Halloween theme. I think NK has gotten even lazier, whoever is in charge of adding/removing the theme isn't even doing it right, first BMC, now this.

Originally posted by Trump Monkey
        Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

Is it me, or do the event rewards get s***ier but the day...

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
          It's funny that the SAS4 promo still has the Halloween theme. I think NK has gotten even lazier...
          Yeah, it's the same with the image when you click from your profile page - still shows the 'new contracts' image...
          Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

you kidding OP? less virus games is better. some of us hate virus samples.
            Linkin Park is one of the best bands of the century..no..one of the best bands of human history..fanboy and proud (RIP Chester Bennington).
            Maybe NK can release the Rancor Sadeye in 2025 #OneLastTime Logan style?
            President Trump 2016-2021. Let's hope he doesn't start WW3. If he does RIP SAS5.
            "Stealing isn't a crime if you're on welfare" - Sublight the Wise

Comment

Originally posted by Sublight View Post
              you kidding OP? less virus games is better. some of us hate virus samples.
              With lobby leavers, unless you game the system and basically self-boost the events, the time save isn't actually that big considering how long it takes to get good lobbies after your name gets known well enough.

And some of us hating Virus Samples (myself included) isn't really justification enough to block out people with less good gear from substituting time to get into the higher ranks. People with better gear and skill still have an advantage as they will simply be more efficient with points and time after all.

Either way, you gotta take unlimited attempts or lobby leavers 'cause that's what this game is set up to do. You could remove the # of players multiplier, but that would just water down the game type so much as is.

tl;dr championships suck lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithe View Post
                With lobby leavers, unless you game the system and basically self-boost the events, the time save isn't actually that big considering how long it takes to get good lobbies after your name gets known well enough.

And some of us hating Virus Samples (myself included) isn't really justification enough to block out people with less good gear from substituting time to get into the higher ranks. People with better gear and skill still have an advantage as they will simply be more efficient with points and time after all.

Either way, you gotta take unlimited attempts or lobby leavers 'cause that's what this game is set up to do. You could remove the # of players multiplier, but that would just water down the game type so much as is.

tl;dr championships suck lol.
                time save is huge with less games with all the lobby leavers, not sure what ur on about. personally im at a big disadvantage in virus samples, i have to use heavy to play (much slower than salts are because salts have adrenaline) also disadvantage with weapons that increase spawnrate. i have salt too but hes not ready yet. but even so you can still get pretty high in it even without too much time invested. unlimited attemps would just make CS super grindy, nobody wants that.
                not sure why ur saying CS suck, they offer basically free rewards u have to put no effort for some black boxes and small loot, and then u put little effort and u can already get a bunch of keys and a core. clearly nk made CS to help players speed up their progress in sas but everybody say they suck, idk whats wrong with free rewards.

Comment

Once again, I'm pretty sure the time save only feels huge, but if you actually measured it out it wouldn't amount to much. I won't deny that there is a time save, but championships are already super grindy. This whole game is super grindy.

If you really wanna experience a reduction in time, reduce apocalypse games to 2 and VS to 7-10. Then I'm confident that despite the lobby-leaving game being even more cutthroat, you'd be cutting out significant time.

Comment

This whole game is super grindy
                    Yeah, the game was better in 2014...
                    Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

If you really wanna experience a reduction in time, reduce apocalypse games to 2 and VS to 7-10.
                      Yes, but the problem is that if the scores are lowered too much, then the competition will be much tighter, and there will likely be some tied high scores, leading to little difference among the top 3. (at least more so than now) While that can be a good thing... well idk.
                      , , . Skype is smurfblade1999 if you want to add me. Discord is Smurfblade#3916

Comment

Once again, I'm pretty sure the time save only feels huge, but if you actually measured it out it wouldn't amount to much. I won't deny that there is a time save, but championships are already super grindy. This whole game is super grindy.

If you really wanna experience a reduction in time, reduce apocalypse games to 2 and VS to 7-10. Then I'm confident that despite the lobby-leaving game being even more cutthroat, you'd be cutting out significant time.
                        yea if u measured it out its around 1 hour, thats around how long it takes to find like 7 games but out of those 7 probably only 5 will be good RNG therefore good score. i think 1 hr is quite a bit. if u reduce apoc and vs that much like u suggest, then unskilled players will gain diamond easily, dont really want that. theres something called consistency good players share.

Comment

If the competition gets tighter, which as smurblade said and I agree with, will likely happen, how the hell will the unskilled win diamond "easily"? I can easily see this as being a "I don't want this 'cause it negatively affects me, and specifically me" argument that you guys spout en masse. In general, I don't disagree with this practice, but I'm pretty sure trying then to apply this logic to other people as if they will all agree with you is pretty damn stupid. And adding to the fact that I only put that idea out there if you want actual cutting down of championship time, as opposed to the current system which cuts down minimal time since you've changed the meta-game that caused there to be added time spent doing things other than playing i.e. finding lobbies.

I'd say this is a problem with the events themselves, which loop back around to "championships suck". I'd vote for single-player apoc, but apparently that'd be too hard for you as per your words in the other thread. Talk about 'unskilled' and look in a mirror. You have all the resources to get 8k score in the first four games you get with just about anybody. The fact that you don't? What skill/consistency are you talking about?

Comment

If the competition gets tighter, which as smurblade said and I agree with, will likely happen, how the hell will the unskilled win diamond "easily"? I can easily see this as being a "I don't want this 'cause it negatively affects me, and specifically me" argument that you guys spout en masse. In general, I don't disagree with this practice, but I'm pretty sure trying then to apply this logic to other people as if they will all agree with you is pretty damn stupid. And adding to the fact that I only put that idea out there if you want actual cutting down of championship time, as opposed to the current system which cuts down minimal time since you've changed the meta-game that caused there to be added time spent doing things other than playing i.e. finding lobbies.

I'd say this is a problem with the events themselves, which loop back around to "championships suck". I'd vote for single-player apoc, but apparently that'd be too hard for you as per your words in the other thread. Talk about 'unskilled' and look in a mirror. You have all the resources to get 8k score in the first four games you get with just about anybody. The fact that you don't? What skill/consistency are you talking about?
                            because for ex, if u get 10 good scores for vs doesnt mean u get 25 good scores. but if u get 25 good scores it means u get 10 good scores. same applies for apoc. it doesnt negatively affect me at all, im always very limited on time, this would in fact put me at an advantage since i wouldnt have to play as much. and i do get 8k, used to always but this champ i havent been trying as hard.

Comment

Well I've stopped caring again for the most part, so I'll try to summarize everything. Feel free to respond, but I am likely to ignore it.

If you lower it down to 10 good scores, now the "skilled" players should be forced to get 10 REALLY good scores and beat out those who only get 10 good scores. If you're really "skilled", you should be beating the "unskilled" regardless, and this cap-lowering shouldn't change that. In other words this is primarily affecting time, so it's not the "unskilled will win championships easily" but more of "the short-timers will do better in championships". If you're "skilled", this can still benefit you, but now you really have to put it to the test, and if you fail, I currently understand that as being you weren't actually "skilled" at all (bar apoc point cap.....seriously the poorly set-up events are why championships suck).

In addition, that idea in the first place was to have an actual NOTICEABLE DECREASE IN TIME SPENT. What we have now still requires quite a bit of time. 4 apoc games is still easily 4 hours not including lobby finding which takes forever. 20 VS still requires a couple hours worth (even without lobby leavers finding a lobby takes almost as long as each game). So you have consistency? Great. Still spending too much time as it is. Why half-ass the cutting down of time if you're not going to actually change it by much? You're now just keeping people who could substitute time into the equation to keep up while still maintaining the HUGE GRINDFEST that it is. This leads to the "you only think you're saving time" statement seeing as you probably won't be spending that much MORE time on each event anyway (although I can see VS becoming a bit grindy, but VS sucks on the whole and already allows "unskilled" to catch up between apocs, if meagerly). Therefore, open up the limit to infinite games and thusly, if you're as consistent as you say, just spend more time consistently getting good scores and furthering your lead and you should have no problem. If you don't have the time, then don't bother with championships at all but at least you're not fooling yourself.

Infinite attempts also allows different time allocation (although because apoc and VS are scored so differently, infinite attempts would skew results in blitz challenges so you'd be back to individual event championships) between maps and the like. Maybe one day you can grind out a huge point lead and skip the event the next day. If you're "skilled", you benefit, if you're "unskilled", you benefit. But "skilled" players (and if it isn't obvious, most of "skilled" is "great gear/computer", not actual skill) will always have the advantage and you shouldn't just outright block everyone else 'cause they don't have the gear and haven't spent the time. As you said, if you apply "little effort" then you can get black boxes - and I agree 'cause that's how it is for me now that I've gotten cored guns - but for the lower ranks, they really have to put in significantly more effort to achieve lesser results.

So my final question is exactly who is meant to reap the rewards from championships? I think I heard somewhere that they didn't mind basically making it for people who have spent a lot of time on the game, in which case limiting the amount of games is probably appropriate 'cause you will cut out a lot of people who haven't been playing enough to get good gear (or paid for it). But no matter how I slice it, what we have now is just way too in the middle. Either actually cut out time and make it apparent, or unleash the floodgates and allow this grindfest to be truly and completely that - not this half-ass still-kinda-grindfest that it is right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X