Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on CM X-1 Furie Mechanics.

Hey guys.

A few days ago I crafted a CM X-1 Furie.

Right now it's 11**** (no base cores yet) with Tenacious, Overclocked, Adaptive and Capacity.

I'm mostly only going to use it against bosses, so I decided to skip Piercing as an augment and went with Capacity instead since the clip size is kind of small and my reload is slow.

Anyway, I know from reading the Wiki and other people talking about it that the Pierce determines the number of zombies affected and after the pierce limit is reached, the puddle disappears, e.g., if it has a Pierce of 5, then after 5 zombies walk over it, it will disappear. I also see that each puddle only lasts 5 seconds regardless of whether anything walks over it.

My question is, can a single puddle affect/hit the same zombie multiple times?

Suppose I was fighting a Savage Necrosis or something with it and there were no other zombies around and I shoot a single puddle in front of it. It walks on top of it, and the DoT starts being applied. If it walks off the puddle, and then walks back onto the same puddle, does it get hit again?

Also if I shoot several puddles over the same spot, let's say 4 shots, creating 4 puddles on top of each other, will they all hit?

How do you guys use it against bosses? Do you shoot it directly at the boss? Or do you shoot it in front of the boss so that it walks over it?

I notice that if I shoot it at the boss directly, I can get Crits, which shows me impact damage is being applied, but if I let the boss walk on top of it, is there still impact damage or is it only pure DoT?

Thanks.

use pierce for bossing
    yes and yes

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynMan View Post
      can a single puddle affect/hit the same zombie multiple times?
      From my understanding of it, like all DoT weapons, whenever anything gets impacted, it'll start having its health drained from the acid.

If it walks off the puddle, and then walks back onto the same puddle, does it get hit again?
      A zombie can only be damaged with the 'deadly' part of the gun if you hit it with the glob before it splashes on the ground, so no, you cant hit a zombie twice with a single shot, but yes it can be damaged over and over by the puddle's DoT for any time it runs over it before the puddle fades. In a way, if a zomb jumps in and out for fun, it would continuously get hit by the main Dot damage instead of sitting there waiting for each impact second to get at it

if I shoot several puddles over the same spot, let's say 4 shots, creating 4 puddles on top of each other, will they all hit?
      That will create a stacked effect of Dot, so the damage will be 4 times the usual effect, basically the same as if you stood in an acid bloaters acid pool + the worms pool with no toxic defense - ouchy

How do you guys use it against bosses? Do you shoot it directly at the boss? Or do you shoot it in front of the boss so that it walks over it?
      I may have not used it, but as it seems to work like a few guns I've used from several other games (including the Corrosive Slime Cannon from Transformers - Fall of Cybertron/Rise of the Dark Spark), To be honest, I don't think it would really matter, cause the shots hit he ground anyway, no matter where you shoot them, so as long as the boss runs over them at some point, you'll still kill it. Even running away and shooting in the opposite direction, allowing it to walk in your trail would probably work just as well.

notice that if I shoot it at the boss directly, I can get Crits, which shows me impact damage is being applied, but if I let the boss walk on top of it, is there still impact damage or is it only pure DoT?
      So kinda like I said above, with crits, crit is impact related only, so like all DoT guns, it'll only be fore the initial hit against the zombie, otherwise I think the puddles would be way too overpowered than they already are
      Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
      X