New Event Scoring system examination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Event Scoring system examination

Ok, so I just wasted my time (about 4 hours worth - which I probably could've spent sleeping, but whatever, that's all this game seems to be about now days, and I've only been awake for 10 hours, which is odd wake times for an aussie), but anyway, I just spent that time working my way through new records of records of apoc.

So I have my 10 out of 10 completed tasks, now what?

I will presume that I have to wait till the event finishes to get something.

My questions are:
    What rewards besides silver/gold am I going to get?
    Does this double the prizes?
    What is the point of this anyway (did I waste my time)?
    and, if it does nothing...
    Is this a scam? if so, why are you doing so?

I have not seen anyone achieve this yet. no topics on the old forums, nor on my feed, which is why I'm feeling a bit funny about this new scoring system, and why I'm making this post.

(I'll delete this thread myself tomorrow if I get results of somewhat).
    Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Originally posted by ZX840 View Post

My questions are:
    What rewards besides silver/gold am I going to get?
    Does this double the prizes?
    What is the point of this anyway (did I waste my time)?
    and, if it does nothing...
    Is this a scam? if so, why are you doing so?
    I don't even.... but since nobody else replied....

None.

Why would you even think that?

The point is to get 10 high scores, and rewards accordingly. If you average 100 points per game while pros can average 1500+ points per game, don't expect to get much loot for it.

(sarcasm)Yes, of course a system that rewards a player based on how well they/their team did ingame is a scam. (/sarcasm)
    BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 Web total lvl: 1000. TK levels: 55/46. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

After you complete your first 10 games, you have to play to beat your lowest score and only the points over your lowest scores will be saved.

Since you completed 10 games and your lowest score is 20, let's say you play another apoc and you score 100 points. That 100 points is a better score than your lowest so 80 points will count for your total score.

It doesn't mean you can't play the event anymore, you just have to play to get better scores...

Comment

You try and beat your previous scores or if you're like me you'll just peak immediately and get bored and stop playing.
        (Yes you did waste your time.)
        Spoiler:

Comment

I think it may be worth clarifying that the last three lines in the patch notes are explaining the new system, the others are telling you how it's better than the old one. I say this because you have addressed them separately, when they're really meant to be read as one paragraph, so either you're being contrary for the sake of it, or you genuinely don't understand.

In other words, the old scoring system was that your final score is the sum of *all* your individual games (not including crashes of course), while the new scoring system is that your final score is the sum of your best 10 games. This way, you don't need to play 24/7 to get a good score, you just need 10 good games, thus decreasing the amount of grinding, and time investment to get a good score. Hope this helps.
          Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
          BTD5 stuff: DC archive
          BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
          SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
          Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

It's your top 10 scores on LMS and Apoc. If in your 11th game you outscore your lowest ranked game, you'll increase your overall score.

Similar for VS, except it's 40 games.

Comment

ZX840 no you need to beat you lowest score. So if you play 20 games of Apocalypse for example, it will only count the 10 games that you scored the most points in. So lets say your lowest score is 20, You will need to beat that score of 20 for the game you are playing to count(if you have already played 10 games). If you have not played 10 games yet, even if you dont break your lowest or highest score, it will still count until you play 10 games which then it will only count you 10 highest scores. Hopefully that makes sense to you zx.
              : 48920 AP (Rank 55), Super Ultimate Grand Master

Comment

For pies sake, what is your problem with a system where only your best ten/forty (apo+lms/vs) scores are counted?

The point is to favor people who actually DO WELL in each game, not to favor people who can play it 20 hours a day.

Then again, I don't expect people who can't get decent scores to like it >.>
                BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/32. SAS 4 Web total lvl: 1000. TK levels: 55/46. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#3201

Comment

Borderline frustrating now, but how about a list ditch attempt at explaining it...

Imagine you had a list containing your scores from games, and a number keeping track of your 'total score', ie the one that'll show up on the leaderboard for the event. This is approximately the process that it'll go through when you complete a game:

1) If you complete a game, and the number of scores in the list is less than the number of games it wants (in this case 10), it will add the score from that game to the list regardless of anything, and your total score increases by exactly the obtained score.

2) If you complete a game after already playing (at least) 10 games, it checks the lowest score recorded in the list
                  2a) If the score from the game you just completed is less than that lowest score, nothing happens - your list of scores remains untouched, and so does your total.
                  2b) If instead the new score is greater than the lowest one, it removes that lowest one from the list, and puts the new one there in its place. Your total score increases by the difference in the two scores. In other words your total score is the sum of the scores in the list

A worked example:

At the start, your list of scores is the empty list, [ ], and your total score is 0.

Say you play a game and score 50 points. The list of scores is empty, so it follows the first rule, and adds 50 to the list. Now your list of scores is [50], and your total score is 50.

Suppose you now play another game, and score 60 points. Again, you have not played enough games to fill the list, so it just adds it. You scores are now [50, 60], and your total is 110.

Skipping a few steps, suppose your list of scores after some number of games is [50, 60, 30, 120, 100], which clearly total 360, and let's say that it's considering your best 5 games instead of your best 10.

Suppose you complete a game now and score only 10. This cannot be added to the list directly, as it already contains enough scores, so the game needs to see if it can add it by removing something. The lowest score recorded is 30, and 10 is less than this, so the score of 10 is ignored.

Suppose you complete another game, scoring 80. Again, the list is already full, so it compares the new score of 80 to the lowest score of 30. 80 is larger, so it replaces 30 with 80, and increases your total to be the new sum - the list of scores is now [50, 60, 80, 120, 100], and the total score is 410.

Repeat until the event ends
                  Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
                  BTD5 stuff: DC archive
                  BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
                  SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
                  Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

There is very little benefit from what I've seen for players with good gear vs. bad. Other than you get your points in 1 game vs. 10.

There is very little benefit for lasting a long time in one game other than if you can repeat it 10 times, you'll be in the 1%.

The previous system had huge benefits for lasting longer (in terms of points per minute)

You'll get more points per round later on, but those same rounds take longer to accomplish. It's basically no benefit. It's how much time can you invest.

And if you can't last 10 rounds at 100, you shouldn't be winning.

Comment

Working...
                    X