Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The level difficulty increasing with your level

Single player

The difficulty increasing with your level makes no sense. You'd think when you lose a level you could wait until you get better gear, but no. If you want more challenges, how about an option to choose the difficulty?

Multiplayer

Ok, multiplayer is the place where this makes sense.

Events

In events there should be no match making and the difficulty should be the same for everyone, since the rewards are based on your rankings. It's absurd that a lvl 20 player can win against other lvl 20 players and get higher rewards than a lvl 80 player who has to compete against other lvl 80 players.
    Last edited by ChezeNator; 07-10-16, 10:40 PM.

what? it makes perfect sense, i dont see a reason to complain about something as logical as this.

Comment

I think you have Single Player and Multi Player mixed up friend, try playing SP for 6 months straight, and NEVER play any other mode during that time, and get back to me.

with the events, now days it all depends on how long you last that will determine your points, not how good you are, and the more players you have (depending on the event), the more the points score will be, but it is fair (sorta), but in the opposite way that you're thinking it
      Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ZX840 View Post
        I think you have Single Player and Multi Player mixed up friend, try playing SP for 6 months straight, and NEVER play any other mode during that time, and get back to me.

with the events, now days it all depends on how long you last that will determine your points, not how good you are, and the more players you have (depending on the event), the more the points score will be, but it is fair (sorta), but in the opposite way that you're thinking it
        id say events these days are pretty skill based, especially apoc and samples, lms not so much.

Comment

Single Player being difficult? Surely you jest?

It might only be hard if you have extremely bad gear, but trust me you will laugh at how easy it is compared to MP/Nightmare.
          Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
          Change the weather, still together when it ends

Owner on Xat Chatroom. Also addicted to SAS 4 and AP Grinding on Ninja Kiwi as you might suspect.
          There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps...
          HIS PRIDE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Fausnaught View Post

It might only be hard if you have extremely bad gear, but trust me you will laugh at how easy it is compared to MP/Nightmare.
            I'm not saying it's hard, I'm just saying we should have an option to play it with easier (and harder) difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by ChezeNator View Post
              I'm not saying it's hard, I'm just saying we should have an option to play it with easier (and harder) difficulty.
              This was suggested many times (even by myself) in the past, but it never happened. I myself had a hard time playing SP, dying from it once every 10 or so games cause there were unfairly matched elite zombs/bloaters (and acid pools ), but compared to MP/NM, it is most certainly very easy. If you have a level 50 character (like my heavy back in the day) that has a 10*** jagd without adaptive as his best gun, and 40|21|20 ish defences, then it will be a challenge sometimes, but all you have to do is cope with it - the same way I did for the first 6 months I played this game.

Originally posted by mopping View Post
              id say events these days are pretty skill based
              Well back before NK started ruining the fun of the events, making apoc impossible for low levels, destroying LMS, and replacing AV with VS, the only real issue was your equipment imo, although yeh, now days it is skill based, but more equipment for low levels, esp as 80% of Apoc games the full team gets r*ped on the first wave
              Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ChezeNator View Post

that would be redundant. if you want harder play NM, even harder then solo it with 300 boost. SP right now is as easy as it gets

Comment

First lets consider that the developers definitely won't be, well, developing anymore. As per them saying that.

Second, single player is 'easiest'. It would be completely illogical to NOT make it harder as you level up, since levelling up means more skill points, better equipment available, and (one would hope) an increase of skill as the player gets more experience.

Harder is boosted multiplayer, then nightmare. And I'd say since I can solo 300 boost as a lvl 1 (well, 6, because its easier to do 1 game, level up to 6, then craft a striker, than it is to exploit collections boxes for a striker), its easy enough. Yeah you *cant* do that on a brand new account, but single player onslaught is hardly 300 boost VIP.

"It's absurd that a lvl 20 player can win against other lvl 20 players and get higher rewards than a lvl 80 player who has to compete against other lvl 80 players."

Well lvl 100s still dominate events and championships so I don't think they are at a disadvantage here.
                  BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/40. SAS 4 total lvl: 1150ish. TK levels: 55/55. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#5528

Comment

Originally posted by LordofKaon View Post
                    Well lvl 100s still dominate events and championships so I don't think they are at a disadvantage here.
                    Well, Groudonx is not a lv 100 player (even he's not a 90+) and he can still get competitive scores.
                    If you have a good strategy and know how to play you can still be competitive on the events and CS (note he's already a gold medal winner) which is great.
                    http://imgur.com/a/Xlc4D
                    NK profile:
                    Winners never quit, quitters never win.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidARX View Post
                      Well, Groudonx is not a lv 100 player (even he's not a 90+) and he can still get competitive scores.
                      If you have a good strategy and know how to play you can still be competitive on the events and CS (note he's already a gold medal winner) which is great.
                      http://imgur.com/a/Xlc4D
                      i agree u can be competitive in virus samples without being lvl 100, but for apoc its a different story. apoc needs cored weapons and armor to an extent, which u dont have unless ur 100. and sure theres people who can carry but not many as cwm said. u can win gold medals without being 100 but diamond is too much of a stretch.

Comment

Never said lower levels can't do well in cs. Just that level 100s aren't the ones at a disadvantage.
                        BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/40. SAS 4 total lvl: 1150ish. TK levels: 55/55. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#5528

Comment

Originally posted by John Fausnaught View Post

Difficult isn't always the problem, if the difficulty goes from too easy to insanely difficult in the space of one level(in relation to easy on the scale, it might not be hard at all, but the difficulty leap is an imbalance, therefore a problem), it's an issue.
                          Last edited by Deathsax; 16-10-16, 02:44 AM.
                          Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Is it just me?
                            It seems to me that the amount of bloons increases ridiculously between the penultimate level and the last level.
                            For example, level 1/27 100 bloons; level 15/27 10,000 bloons; level 26/27 100,000 bloons; level 27/27 1,000,000,000,000 bloons!
                            I get so fed up with getting to the penultimate level only to fail on the last level - again, and again, and again, and..... :-(

Comment

Apples63 - I think you have the wrong game buddy

Comment

Working...
                              X