Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory: the two unreleased planets in SAS4 level selection are..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok buddy. im not the only one whos only here for SAS4,
    Last edited by Sublight; 26-07-16, 12:50 AM.
    Linkin Park is one of the best bands of the century..no..one of the best bands of human history..fanboy and proud (RIP Chester Bennington).
    Maybe NK can release the Rancor Sadeye in 2025 #OneLastTime Logan style?
    President Trump 2016-2021. Let's hope he doesn't start WW3. If he does RIP SAS5.
    "Stealing isn't a crime if you're on welfare" - Sublight the Wise

Comment

My theory is its called the 'we don't have artists so no more content' excuse.

Yes I suppose its a valid excuse, but if certain experience is anything to go by, they won't even consider adding stuff where artwork does exist.
      BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/40. SAS 4 total lvl: 1150ish. TK levels: 55/55. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#5528

Comment

Originally posted by LordofKaon View Post

Yes I suppose its a valid excuse, but if certain experience is anything to go by, they won't even consider adding stuff where artwork does exist.
        Artwork existed, they made them all premium or championship weapons.
        Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Where did this rumor originate? I've seen it mentioned more than a few times on the forums but it's never made sense to me.

They might have had an artist who was assigned to work on this game full-time or something that is/was on the NK staff. And maybe s/he did leave the company, but it isn't that complicated of a matter to simply hire another artist. You don't really need the same exact person to replicate the same style of artwork given that this isn't exactly fine art material we're talking about. No one's going to notice the difference. Even some of the Photoshops/fan-art that I've seen look legit.

Then there's the possibility that they commission a freelance artist or something to do work- which is what I thought given past statements from admins (don't remember who). This was when they mentioned that it was simply more cost effective to hire an artist to do a few premium gun pieces vs. everything involved in creating entirely new maps.

Either way it doesn't make sense that work cannot proceed because there isn't an artist, because regardless of whether there was a dedicated artist or they were using freelancers, it isn't that hard to just get another artist. The only thing that makes sense, and I'm sure a lot of other people have intuited this by now, is that the game just isn't profitable enough to be worth extra development. Which is why we aren't getting new content.

I think those two darkened planets were probably going to be the stage for new maps, especially given that the story itself hinted towards something more (HVM guys in Ice Station betraying you and stuff). But then stuff happened and it was decided that it wasn't worth investing more money into it. Just my guess given limited info.

BTW, plot-wise, they were probably not going to be Earth or the moon, because nothing in the SAS4 universe indicates that humanity in the game originated from or have anything to do with Earth. The "home planet" as far as I can tell is "Aartis".

Assuming that is indeed the case, they're better off just developing a SAS5, and hopefully with that, it will be more of a success and whatever mistakes that they made with SAS4 will be rectified by then.

Comment

NK can rectify any lack of art very simply:

40 NK coins per artwork to anybody who comes up with a gun or armor design that makes it into the game. So I've never bought that.
            I'm out!

Comment

Someone from NK said they ain't got an artist or something.

Comment

Originally posted by TwTGaming View Post
                Someone from NK said they ain't got an artist or something.
                Who?
                Dark Halo

Comment

Spool said it I believe, I think in a thread on the middle forums called "do you even care?"

Edit: https://ninjakiwi.com/forums/205-sas...n-care?page=10

That's the related post ^^^^
                  Last edited by Deathsax; 29-07-16, 12:19 AM.
                  Just private message me if you need something, I'll respond. http I haven't visited this linked page in months, but there are cool people to see there, maybe, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Speaking of fan made art good enough to be used ingame (at least in terms of picture quality), if anyone wants to look, I made a gun for that. It is posted in the latest NK blog competition.

Idk if I'l win that, but I do know it would look just fine added to the game. Additionally if any minor visual or formatting changes were needed, I could do that.
                    BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/40. SAS 4 total lvl: 1150ish. TK levels: 55/55. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#5528

Comment

Speaking of fan made art good enough to be used ingame (at least in terms of picture quality), if anyone wants to look, I made a gun for that. It is posted in the latest NK blog competition.

Idk if I'l win that, but I do know it would look just fine added to the game. Additionally if any minor visual or formatting changes were needed, I could do that.
                      I agree, some fans made good guns that can be used in the game. NK should take a look.
                      Dark Halo

Comment

I don't know who, that's why I said someone. But I know for a fact someone from NK said they've got no people do design maps.

Comment

Working...
                        X