This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BenStro View Post
    Ok, So Since I Wasnt IN GAME I cant give much detail.... I don't know how many of you are experiencing this issue, but when i start up sas 4, on my ninjakiwi a ccount, BenStro, the red loading bar at the top goes almost all the way across but just stops at 6 squares left. What? I've waited hours, and nothing. Very frustrating, as I made a lot of progress on this game. I tried making new accounts, and each account ended up the same. I don't have a really good computer, but it is still pretty good. Suggestions? Yes, I've tried restarting, signing out, clearing cookies. HELP!!
    http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/ma...es-not-loading

@Robai
    Might depend which bonus applies in which order but with that many penalty reduction factors it seems nearly impossible to understand and manually calculate for players themselves (tried that for different weapons once, got logical results for all except a few weapons, tried for hours to find out why those few didnt and then gave up, thats not worth it except if you study math or have sas4 background infos for the calculation of that i guess)

Comment

• Originally posted by crazywhiteman418 View Post
      Robai

Notice it says total vs base. HG I think is the last "penalty/bonus" that occurs. So this is not a bug.

Don't use skeletonized and HG. You're actually making yourself slower by doing that due to the mastery/collections bonus. You want a high penalty to increase the bonus, and then HG clears out everything else. Hence why a HG heavy with M1k can be really fast.
      Thanks!
      Ok, in that case it's not bug, it's just a weird design then, because skeletonized changes the base penalty value, which means it also changes other bonuses/penalties (see calculations below).
      Well, Heavy Gear and Skeletonized always stack, I mean each lvl adds something (except when Heavy Gear is at max lvl then Skeletonized does nothing). Since my Heavy Gear skill is only 7 then it gives low penalty reduction, while Skeletonized gives huge reduction, but I agree that the benefit using both is low, especially when Heavy Gear skill is higher.
      I'll keep that in mind, it's very important for my future heavy black weapons, thanks for the warning (I don't worry about my red Luftplanzen, it's temporary anyway).

Originally posted by pappenreiter View Post

@Robai
      Might depend which bonus applies in which order but with that many penalty reduction factors it seems nearly impossible to understand and manually calculate for players themselves (tried that for different weapons once, got logical results for all except a few weapons, tried for hours to find out why those few didnt and then gave up, thats not worth it except if you study math or have sas4 background infos for the calculation of that i guess)
      Finally figured out the exact formula (I couldn't find a formula that includes skeletonized and heavy gear, also the penalty from pants was the tricky part).

Here it is:
      BMP (weapon's Base Move Penalty) = 30
      Skeletonized = BMP*0.75 (grade 10) = 22.5
      BMP_mod (modified BMP) = BMP - Skeletonized = 30 - 22.5 = 7.5
      HG_mod (modificator from Heavy Gear skill)= 0.325 (skill lvl 7)
      HG (Heavy Gear shown on weapon) = BMP_mod * HG_mod = 7.5*0.325 = 2.4375 (shown as 2.4)
      Gloves (mastery) = BMP_mod * 0.04 = 7.5*0.04 = 0.3
      RLM (Rocket Launcher Mastery) = BMP_mod * 0.08 = 7.5*0.08 = 0.6
      PC_off (Pants Collection bonus when pants are off) = BMP_mod * 0.05 = 7.5*0.05 = 0.375 (shown as 0.4)
      Pants_BMP (Pants Base Move Penalty) = 15
      Pants (total penalty from pants, movement bonus is not included) = Pants_BMP*(1-HG_mod) - PC_off = 15*(1-0.325) - 0.375 = 9.75 (shown as 9.8)

Thus we have obtained the same values that are shown in the screenshot:
      Movement penalty 30%:
      -22.5% (Augment: Movement penalty 10)
      -2.4% (Skill: Heavy Gear)
      -0.6% (Reward: Rocket Launcher Mastery)
      -0.3% (Gloves)
      +9.8% (Pants)

Enjoy!

Here is the picture for clarity:

Last edited by Robai; 27-06-18, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• At lvl 25 for HG, skeletonized actually hurts you. It hurts my brain to see HG heavies with skele on their m1ks....

Comment

• Originally posted by crazywhiteman418 View Post
          At lvl 25 for HG, skeletonized actually hurts you. It hurts my brain to see HG heavies with skele on their m1ks....
          Nope!
          Heavy Gear skill lvl 25 reduces penalty completely (with or without Skeletonized).

For example, Luftplanzen has base movement penalty 30.
          When there is no Skeletonized then HG 25 does this: 30-30 =0 (no penalty)
          When you have Skeletonized grade 10 then base movement penalty 30 becomes 30-22.5 = 7.5 and HG 25 does this: 7.5-7.5 =0 (no penalty again).
          Skeletonized never hurts, but it's a waste of augment slot if you have high lvl of Heavy Gear (unless by "hurt" you've meant exactly that, since losing augment does hurt ).

In my case, Skeletonized is actually very useful, even when I have HG lvl 7.
          Let's compare two things:

1) HG = 7, Skeletonized = 10 (this is my current case, the same info is in the screenshot):
          Luftplanzen_penalty = [30, -22.5, -2.4375, -0.6, -0.3, 9.75] = [30, -16.0875] = 13.9% penalty

2) HG = 7, Skeletonized = 0:
          Luftplanzen_penalty = [30, 0, -9.75, -2.4, -1.2, 8.625] = [30, -4.725] = 25.3% penalty

As you can see it's a big difference.
          The augment slot makes me move 25.3-13.9 = 11.4% faster (it's worth it, since I need to outrun those shadow bosses to avoid melee hits, also I hate when I'm not fast enough to get boxes when a mission ends).

Just noticed an interesting thing:
          Skeletonized on my Luftplanzen increased penalty from pants from 8.625% to 9.75%!
          This is because pants collection bonus reduces base movement penalty by 5%, but Skeletonized has changed Luftplanzen's base movement penalty from 30 to 7.5, so pants collection bonus 30*0.05 = 1.5% became 7.5*0.05 = 0.375%, that's why Skeletonized from Luftplanzen has changed the penalty from pants from 15*(1-0.325) - 1.5 = 8.625% to 15*(1-0.325) - 0.375 = 9.75%.
          Last edited by Robai; 28-06-18, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• It does because the mastery/collections bonuses are based of the base penalty of the weapon. Skeletonized affects the base penalty.

Haven't been in the game in awhile, but I think for M1k, collections/masteries get you 8.5% bonus. If you skele to 75% weight, your only going to get a 2% bonus. This is all assuming 25 points in hg.

If I cared to log in, I think I could waste 2 cores to show you, but I'm not going to go through that trouble.

Just trust me, skele is bad when combined with hg.

Comment

• Robai
              We should reallynot talk about that in this topic which is only for SAS4 Bugs as we already know that this is no bug so it might be the best if you make an own topic about that if further discussion about that is wanted as discussion here makes it harder for NK to find posts here that actually report bugs or maybe even oversees some.

Comment

• I was playing zombie pods (it has also happened on VIP) as a level 16 assault in multiplayer. With 3 others and it was and it was the first time that day I open it. There were to people with the high roller perk and they canceled each other out. It was on the steam version.

Comment

• There seems to be a problem with the new Ahab sniper, I crafted one today and have the sniper mastery and collections already. So my clip size is +5. However, the Ahab only fires one round out of every clip and forces me to manually reload after every single shot. This is on the PC version btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex 1248 View Post
                    There seems to be a problem with the new Ahab sniper, I crafted one today and have the sniper mastery and collections already. So my clip size is +5. However, the Ahab only fires one round out of every clip and forces me to manually reload after every single shot. This is on the PC version btw.
                    As far as i know the Ahab is mobile exclusive Premium Weapons so you cant have it on PC and as its a Premium Weapon you cant craft it too as Premium Weapons can only be bought with NK Coins.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappenreiter View Post

As far as i know the Ahab is mobile exclusive Premium Weapons so you cant have it on PC and as its a Premium Weapon you cant craft it too as Premium Weapons can only be bought with NK Coins.
                      I should have screenshotted it given that they are not there anymore, I'm guessing that they released them by accident or maybe somebody hacked into the files and released them before they were supposed to. I want my alloy and credits back Am I seriously the only one that had this happen?
                      Last edited by Apex 1248; 05-07-18, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• No, a lot of players were doing it. If you want your money and alloy back, just contact [email protected] - if they reject you, well then it serves you right for crafting something that wasn't gonna remain.
                        Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex 1248 View Post

I should have screenshotted it given that they are not there anymore, I'm guessing that they released them by accident or maybe somebody hacked into the files and released them before they were supposed to. I want my alloy and credits back Am I seriously the only one that had this happen?
                          Do you have the weapon still or is it gone now in your game?

I mean if you dont hacked it (which i dont think as then you would have said nothing about it) and have done nothing else wrong to get it then keeping it should be ok in my eyes as long as you never use it in Multiplayer as i would have crafted it instantely too.

If its gone then how much Alloy and credits did it cost you? Because its always good to contact NK Support but i myself wouldnt contact for something less than 10000 Alloy (and i have lost less than 5000 Alloy multiple times and 3 full boosts above 12 hours each already because different bugs at different times)

@ZX840
                          And how should he or anyone else knew what would remain (ifthat was no joke or sarcasm)?

Comment

• Medic lvl 18, heavy lvl 69, multiplayer off of game launch. I can't seem to find any multiplayer matches at all, even after the fixes with reverting to flash 29. Any tips?

Comment

Working...
                            X