Best way to Triple 99% Resistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to Triple 99% Resistance.

There are a few ways to getting triple 99% resistance, first Im going to list the Worst ways in getting to 99% res. To begin, always use the SAS4 Armor calculator, its very convenient and easy to use..type, SAS4 Armor Calculator. Do not waste time in trying to "Find" the Armor you want, the RNG used is ridiculously broken and You will end up finding the same helmet 5 times.. Another poor method players use is Crafting all the armors they want in getting to triple 99% res . A player on avg. can make about 400,000 alloys a month, most high lvl armors cost about 1 million alloys to craft. So it would close to 3 months for 1 armor piece. Multiplying by 5, it would take 15 months or 1 yr and 3 months to Craft all 5 armors. And remember, during this period you will be counting on Other players to survive and win. Not only NM but championships and other events as well.
    The Best way to achieve triple 99% res. is follows. Take the FIRST 5 armors you find, Not the Best. Because Triple 99% res. regardless of armor type is still 99%. Kevlar armor at 99% is equal to Hardplate armor at 99% , the difference being the higher end armors take less BAE skill points, less cores and additional perks attributed to a specific armor, Ex. Speed, tissue regeneration etc.
    My FIRST 5 armors, not the Best were..a Medusa helm, Medusa Vest, Dragon fly pants, Titan gloves, Hardplate boots . Most players looking at this list of armors would say..Garbage, esp. the Hardplate boots. But from this List of seemingly random pieces of armors,. My Game was in reason, Over. I could solo a self boosted 400 lvl. NM game and make it to 700 pts in apoc.without dying.
    Actually a player DOES NOT need triple 99% resistance to Solo a self boosted 400 lvl NM match or reach 700 pts in apoc. As long as the 99% Resistance is found in Toxic and Physical, thats what get players killed. Heat can only damage a player, unless you walk repeatedly over a flame trail. To begin, Use the Armor calculator and try to get the Augments at 99% Physical, 90% HEAT, 99% Toxic. When calculating the Resistance numbers, try to get the Augment numbers for the Physical and Toxic as Close as possible, while getting the Heat at 90% or higher. If you Want to continue to triple 99% resistance, you can calculate how many more BAE skill points and cores it will take to reach it.
    The Worst way to Augment an armors resistance is making ALL the Resistances similar in value. Ex. Ive seen players with values such as 89%,Physical, 89% Heat, 89% Toxic, 91% Physical, 90% Heat, 91% Toxic etc. It is virtually impossible to go from Similar Resistance Values for all 3 resistances to Triple 99%., even by max coring all the armors and 25 pts in BAE.
    Using the method described, a player is res. to damage While having a clear road on how to get to triple 99%.resistance. And in reality, triple 99% res. isnt even necessary. The Physical and Toxic damage is responsible for causing a player to die. Although Heat does damage a player, Heat will not get a player killed. The only way heat itself will cause a player to die, if a player walks across the flame trail repeatedly.. Side note, A direct Hit from the Heat Spawn of a Necrosis does LESS damage than its flame trail. In other words , walking across a flame trail does More damage than taking a direct hit from a heat spawn. Between getting hit from a Heat spawn from a necrosis or walking across a flame trail. Its Better to walk In front of the heat spawn and take a direct hit. Im not sure of the damage , but from experience, walking across a flame trail does far MORE damage.
    Last edited by SuperMonkey702157; 03-06-18, 09:20 PM.

Looks like u never fight against a fire buffed extra strong runnerwave with low fire resi

Comment

Best way is cores. Lots and lots of cores (these are my actual builds)

King Assault: http://topper64.co.uk/nk/sas4/armour...X7UHw-w6CzkLvg
      (This could work for Medic, but probably easier methods with less BAE)

HG Heavy: http://topper64.co.uk/nk/sas4/armour...n_emsqzpidwxQE (I only used this set up for Apoc, in nm I wore Titans to speed up the process)

In all honesty, you shouldn't be coring up garbage armor. So triple 99s is useless at that point. Focus on getting Phys and Toxic up, with Heat above 80% if possible. And by wave 35 or so, your armor is basically useless anyways, so being able to move and shoot with damage is more important than 99s....

Comment

I was going to write something based on my experience of having multiple level 100s with 99% armor using only high-end useful black armor... but at this point i highly doubt there's anyone here other than a few experts (e.g. the above two posters), a few casuals (who will never actually care to spend enough time to max a character), and a few fake experts (anyone who says there's a best way to do something). With people who would actually benefit from good advice being conspicuous by their absence.

Take it from someone who has 10 characters with different weapon/armor on each, all capable of soloing nm400 on any map. There is no universal best method or loadout for anything. Just use what you have and try to have some fun... and if one actually does want a truly max character, don't waste cores on mid-range trash.

Also armor is over rated. I've soloed 300 boost NM on level 60-90 characters with only red armor... the real 'necessity' is one decent gun so the boss doesn't take forever to kill. Case and point, my 'suicide medic' with only around 50% heat/toxic armor which can solo nightmare on Onslaught map any time i bother to do so.
        BTD5 rank: 86. BMC cities: 40/40. SAS 4 total lvl: 1150ish. TK levels: 55/55. NK rank: 52. A ghost of my former self-I pretty much quit forums but can still be found on discord, tag: LordofKaon#5528

Comment

Originally posted by crazywhiteman418 View Post
          Best way is cores. Lots and lots of cores (these are my actual builds)

King Assault: http://topper64.co.uk/nk/sas4/armour...X7UHw-w6CzkLvg
          (This could work for Medic, but probably easier methods with less BAE)

HG Heavy: http://topper64.co.uk/nk/sas4/armour...n_emsqzpidwxQE (I only used this set up for Apoc, in nm I wore Titans to speed up the process)

In all honesty, you shouldn't be coring up garbage armor. So triple 99s is useless at that point. Focus on getting Phys and Toxic up, with Heat above 80% if possible. And by wave 35 or so, your armor is basically useless anyways, so being able to move and shoot with damage is more important than 99s....
          Yoga pants

Comment

Atm this is my heavy amour: http://topper64.co.uk/nk/sas4/armour...uOfrGQmGGdV1QQ

It's a different concept for a heavy since mine doesnt use heavy gear (I actually have 1 point in HG and 1 in FM). I have a tri for mobbing and m1k for bossing (and yh mov with m1k is -25% but i dont need to move to kill bosses except ex fast nec in apocs anyway most of the time thats fine). I sure need more BAE than most of traditional HG heavies builds, but i have some pay off since I'm spending 2 skills points into mov skills.

The real question is what you are planing to use your char for, like for apocs all 99 is a must imo, but also other things matters like body fueling, smart target etc (depending on class also). From my pov for example, as a heavy, more total HP makes a huge help in apocs. For nms things are a bit different all you need is some descent phys and fire, a good 90% poison and some fire power, meaning all 99 isnt a must when comes to nms like Lok already pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansel View Post

Yoga pants
              Only way to do it...except for other ways. They help me relax during apocs. Except for DM anything on Vaccine....

Comment

Working...
              X