Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with Mission Power Up Awards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordofKaon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lithe View Post
    (it actually amuses me that people bother to report hackers).
    It further amuses me how some of them also have not the faintest clue what to actually report, but still keep reporting.
    I imagine they'd have a lot of fun filing reports if they ever met me in a game... false reports obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Lithe
    replied
    How is anything new going to be discovered in a game with decreasing population and no further developments? More than RIP sas 4 forums, RIP sas 4 lol.

Of course I wouldn't discount the possibility, but I'm also certain that hardly anyone cares nowadays (it actually amuses me that people bother to report hackers).

Leave a comment:

• LordofKaon
    replied
    I was joking...

A few points:

1: rofl telling ppl to do exploits on official developer forum. Like literally saying its "what to do", not even as just an alternative to the intended option. I should add on that everyone should exploit black boxes, get infinite championship bugs (but below bronze so nobody notices), and jump the pods bossroom door too.
    (yeah... about that. don't.)

2: yes i'm sure a couple dozen extra cryo turrets would help low lvls. buuuut,

3: there's not a whole lot of lvl 1-50 newbies on here, most viewers would be more like me:

4: Like me, as in "has more grenades than the game can display, and has absolutely no use for them outside of apocalypse, where... *onto point 5*

5: you can have 9999999999999 grenades, but still capped to taking 50 into the game. The 10 'free' ones with normal tank purchase covers it for NMs for any competent 50+ usually, and apocalypse, where u do "need" hundreds, you *have* to buy them because of the 50 cap.

6: I guess you estimating 2 minutes to build makes sense... people who lag a bunch tend to have more difficulty. Realistically I could do this about 90x in an hour... vs about 15 nm400 solo. Whereas for the people you intend it for, it'd probably be more like 30x free turrets vs 5 public nightmares where ppl spend 10 mins each shooting at the boss/dying.

7: Matter of personal opinion here but building/quitting more than a dozen times would be so flipping boring that i'd rather just not play at all.

8: Jokes are jokes. you made a valid strategy point, as have I now. But it should have been really obvious my original comment was a joke. As in, not something requiring a comprehensive answer to 'help' with my apparent 'lack of understanding'.

9: This kinda (redacted on account of it being unsuitable to say here) is why i stopped reading the forums last time. Its devolved from a place where winning tactics and game improvements were discussed, to false hacker reports and grenade worship. RIP the old sas 4 forums.
    Last edited by LordofKaon; 01-04-18, 07:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ZX840
    replied
    Well I think that's the entire point. If you're smart enough to realise you don't actually have to 'win' the match to obtain the turrets and nades (as many things do), then you can go for your life.

Leave a comment:

• SuperMonkey702157
    replied
    Originally posted by LordofKaon View Post
    I was not aware that games were capped to 6 winnable per hour.

I suppose getting more turrets and grenades is helpful though, I always use HVM turrets to kill dark minion savage necrosis.
    Its not. I was just using an example.And I made that perfectly CLEAR. " if each map consists of 10 minutes from Build to play...60 divided by 10 = 6 games. . The number of Games a person can play is determined by the Build time..Speed of their Internet and Computer. And how fast or Slow, a player can complete a mission. Some players will play More than 6, or less than 6. BUT, the avg. time for a low lvl player would be about 10 min. Total, from Build to Play to sorting out boxes and back to another game.
    And for <Lower lvl players it is VERY helpful for play and Masteries. In NM, the only turrets with any value are Cryo turrets. More lower lvl players should do this, its far better to farm 180 Turrets /Hr. and 600 grenades rather than play 6 games(If the Avg. Build and play time is 10 minutes. If it takes 2 Minutes to Build and Quit, and back to Build is 2 Minutes. Then 60 Minutes/2 Minutes.to build is 30 Builds . A player gets 6 Total Turrets and 20 Grenades. Multiply that by 30 Builds and , a player would have 180 Total turrets and 600 Total Grenades.
    Or each Build/Quit is equal to the Number of Games with a Full compliment of Turrets/Grenades. Its FAR better to play 30 Games with Turrets/Grenades than 6.

Leave a comment:

• LordofKaon
    replied
    I was not aware that games were capped to 6 winnable per hour.

I suppose getting more turrets and grenades is helpful though, I always use HVM turrets to kill dark minion savage necrosis.

Leave a comment:

• SuperMonkey702157
    started a topic What to do with Mission Power Up Awards.

What to do with Mission Power Up Awards.

During the events, one of the Awards are the Mission Power Ups for a certain period of time. ranging from 6 to 24 hrs. They consist of free Turrets and Grenades for each game. Rather than use the time playing matches.Its better if the player Farms Turrets and grenades, meaning, build then quit each match. Although the match is cancelled, the player still keeps the Turrets and Grenades. If a Player is rewarded 6 free Hrs of Power Ups . and if each match consists of 10 minutes consisting of the Build time and Play. They would have only had 6 games with a full compliment of Turrets and Grenades for each hour played.
    But, if the player would have Farmed Turrets and Grenades , that is Build, Quit and Repeat. For that Hour "Played", they would have far more games with a full compliment of Grenades and Turrets. Using the 6 Hr Award time. If it takes 2 Minutes to from Build Quit, back to Build. the player would have had 30 games with a Full compliment of Grenades and turrets, rather than 6. Granted, the Mission Power Ups do give extra Damage reduction, Increased damage,critical chance etc. That alone does not Outweigh the benefits of Having 24 more games with Turrets and grenades. Having a full compliment of turrets and grenades, each game is like having 6 Extra guns each game, each turret acting as a weapon..2 Heavy machine gun turrets, 2 Cryo Turrets, 2 Heavy protector Turrets. And having 10 frag and 10 Cryo grenades is very useful. The Cryo Turrets,are most likely the most valuable Turrets in the game. And the only one with value in NM.
    Not only does Farming Turrets and grenades, allow a player to have access to them each game. The very Use of them helps the player. By using Turrets it gains the Player Masteries that include More damage, ammo ct, firing speed. but more importantly, go from 2 to 3 Turrets that can be fielded at any one time.Grenades too can obtain Masteries ranging from increased damage,to carrying from 20 to 50 each game, a free grenade for each item picked up in each game. Also the cost is reduced by half, which can save a lot of money. esp, when buying Cryo grenades for spamming dark minions in Apoc. i can buy and use up to 500 cryo grenades each match. grenades unlike turrets, there is No cap to how many grenades that can be bought in game.where as Turrets can not be bought in game.
    In short, rather than playing the most,6 games per hour, with the Mission Power Up Awards. Its far more useful to Farm the Turrets and grenades.Because each Build and Quit. is equal to playing a match with a full compliment of Turrets and Grenades. That will help far more in winning games, Esp. for lower level players. At my high, I has about 4, 000 Turrets of each kind. And 40,000 grenades of Each kind. In SAS4, the only way to "Grind" is to play smart and efficiently. Because of rather than 1 long continuous match, its rather hundreds of matches.
    Last edited by SuperMonkey702157; 31-03-18, 01:58 AM.
Working...
X