Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What really determines a players game?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What really determines a players game?

    In the end, is it a players Skill,Weapons, Armor or Character build that determine how good the player is?. None of it matters if your Internet or Computer is weak.Because LAG will determine how far you will go in Apoc or whether you die in Meltdown. Ex. On my gaming laptop, I regularly make it to 600 without any damage, then I begin to lag Out at 800 and then die on the first hit. But on my main computer, which I NEVER play games on. I played the same Character, but easily made it to 1700 with a Lvl 75 Heavy. Another ex. If i self boost a 400 lvl Meltdown and meet a Dark minion Necrosis. my chances of dying is 0. BUT, if I play with 3 other players. the Lag is so bad. I can only only fire 1 Rd/Sec and only move 1 step as well.
    So even though my Character has Black 99/99/99 res Armor. with all Black Maxed core guns. Because of the Lag. My character might as well be equipped with standard items. Because firing 1 Rd/Sec and being able to move a step /sec is moot againsta Dark minion necrosis.

  • #2
    Go play the steam/mobile version then, lag doesn't exist there.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't ever believe equipment determines a players skill level, because RNG is involved, players can have any kind of luck no matter how long they've played for. There's not really any way to know how good a player is by watching them play, all you can do is hope that they are good, or really - you should only care about yourself unless you're getting carried. Lastly, if you see someone with unusual skills, it's either cause they're trying something out, don't care for max damage, or have no clue what they're doing.
      Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

      Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )


      Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

      Comment


      • #4
        The first performance cap is usually gear. You'd have to have some amazing potato for your computer to actually bar you before weak non-cored guns do. After you get good gear there's usually a small portion where skill comes into play only for you to then get blocked by lag. When everything else is maximized then the final cap is skill.

        I'd say how well you do in SAS 4 is something like 20 -> 21 -> 95 -> 100 in terms of gear/skill/computer/skill. It's about 6% reliant on skill, but the rest is easily how much you can maximize your circumstances.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lithe View Post
          The first performance cap is usually gear. You'd have to have some amazing potato for your computer to actually bar you before weak non-cored guns do. After you get good gear there's usually a small portion where skill comes into play only for you to then get blocked by lag. When everything else is maximized then the final cap is skill.

          I'd say how well you do in SAS 4 is something like 20 -> 21 -> 95 -> 100 in terms of gear/skill/computer/skill. It's about 6% reliant on skill, but the rest is easily how much you can maximize your circumstances.
          Regardless of what gear i have, because of my internet, Computer. I ALWAYS begin to lag out and am dead by 800 Apoc Pts. LAG, literally determines my game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZX840 View Post
            I don't ever believe equipment determines a players skill level, because RNG is involved, players can have any kind of luck no matter how long they've played for. There's not really any way to know how good a player is by watching them play, all you can do is hope that they are good, or really - you should only care about yourself unless you're getting carried. Lastly, if you see someone with unusual skills, it's either cause they're trying something out, don't care for max damage, or have no clue what they're doing.
            Equipment has a great deal in determining how well a player plays. If a Good player has a standard Weapon and Armor in NM. He will not do well. regardless of his skill. For example. A Decent player with a graphite tennis racquet will Beat a Good player with a Wooden one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SuperMonkey702157 View Post
              For example. A Decent player with a graphite tennis racquet will Beat a Good player with a Wooden one.
              True, but not everyone is lucky enough to get said equipment as quickly as others. Many players now days have their ultimate [BLACK] 10** best grades and augs (or better) titan/medusa/shotlite armour, and max damage guns.
              Such as me, I'm still looking after 2 1/2 years, cause I get nothing higher than 8** if I'm lucky and even then not the best armour, and guns that level 100s shouldn't get. I've had to spend more time than necessary trying to save alloy on most of my characters to get the equipment I want at a reasonable grade. So I'm neither good or best, as I prefer the word experienced, and the longer I go the more veteran I get.
              Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

              Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )


              Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

              Comment


              • #8
                Nothing matters except speed and the ability to not get hurt and downed/killed. Weapons, DPS, Armor and Skills just make it easier.
                Pistol star is a great SAS4 player and managed to beat a bunch of Savage bosses as a Level 1 Character:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah8qLuAn52Q

                Comment

                Working...
                X