X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Armor/Resists

Just to be sure...

you take twice as much damage with 98% resists compared to if you have 99%, right? And 50 times more damage at 50% resist compared to 99%, 100 times more damage at zero resists, and so on right?

Cause in the example of 100 damage, you take 1 at 99%, 2 at 98%, and 50 at 50%. Am I exactly right or am I crazy ? Just want to know cause it seems important, Thx.

Yep, that's exactly how it works. That's why the amount of armor you need to increase the percentage increases so exponentially.

Comment

Yea, that's all how it goes.
      If you're a heavy with max TB & resistance damage reduction is then essentially 99.54%
      No badgers were harmed in the making of this forum. Most likely. I'm like, 75% sure. But don't quote me on that or I'll have to harm a badger.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan Sharpe Anforth View Post
        Yea, that's all how it goes.
        If you're a heavy with max TB & resistance damage reduction is then essentially 99.54%
        That you guys very much to make it very clear

Comment

I was wondering why players were so adamant about me getting 99% resistances when I asked about it a few months ago. I seem to do well enough at 90%, but if they scale that well I might have to try a little more BAE on a future build. Although my medic's real weakness is dark minions. Good thing I'm a cryo fairy, blessing apocalypse matches with plentiful cryo grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by Zestychille View Post
            I was wondering why players were so adamant about me getting 99% resistances when I asked about it a few months ago. I seem to do well enough at 90%, but if they scale that well I might have to try a little more BAE on a future build. Although my medic's real weakness is dark minions. Good thing I'm a cryo fairy, blessing apocalypse matches with plentiful cryo grenades.
            Well yeah at 90% resists, you only take 10 times more damage than if you had 99% no biggie

Comment

I've got some questions about armorresists.

You need 21500 armor for 99% resist.

Nightmarish zombies ignore 3% armor

Does that mean you have 96% resist against or does it calculate 21500*97% = 20855 armor against nightmarish zombies?

If 3% armor is ignored then would 21500/97% = 22165 armor still give 99% resist.

Then another thing about the buyable tank boost. It gives 20% damage immunity. Is it multiplicative like a flat 20% damage reduction similar to tough body or does it calculate based on your armor?

99% armor resist + 56% tough body reduction + 20% tank boost = 99.632% resistance?

I've been wondering since my lv51 heavy has 99% physical resist but still takes around 500-700 damage from nightmarish savage devastators. I reckon seeing people tanking a savage devas and necros but take almost no damage before. Still need some more levels to max out tough body. It's more convenient to keep bosses in place instead of running around.
              Last edited by Jackinthebox; 26-06-16, 03:53 PM.

Comment

You actually only need 21125 armor to get maxed resistances. As far as i know the Nightmarish buff makes zombies ignore 5% of armor damage reduction (not 3%). and just like the dark minion buff it applies after your resistance is calculated so 99% becomes 94% (24% against dm). increasing your armor wont help.
                To tank devastators i usually activate die another day (another 90% damage reduction for 4 seconds.) thats the only way to take almost no damage.

Comment

21120 is the 99% requirement.

Not that it matters too much...
                  : 26,800 AP (Level 44), Master of Blades
                  SAS 4: Level 100 Assault (x2), Medic, and Heavy
                  BTD 5: Rank 79
                  BMC: City levels 40/34
                  BTDB: ~3300 Battlescore

Comment

Bosses ignore 5%, regular nightmarish only 3%.
                    But, it's just -# from your resistance number.

So,
                    if you have 99% it drops 5 down to 94%
                    if you have 19% it drops 5 down to 14%
                    No badgers were harmed in the making of this forum. Most likely. I'm like, 75% sure. But don't quote me on that or I'll have to harm a badger.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning View Post
                      21120 is the 99% requirement.

Not that it matters too much...
                      No, it really is 21125
                      Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
                      BTD5 stuff: DC archive
                      BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
                      SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
                      Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

I had no idea nightmarish monsters ignored part of our resistances. Thx for mentioning

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post

No, it really is 21125
                          Shouldn't you change this then (or least the rounding)?

Comment

it shows 99% but its probably something like >98,995 % which is closer to 99% rather than to 98,99%. so its rounded up but you still take 0-0,5% more damage then someone who has 21125 physical. not that it makes a difference anyway. ingame it even only shows 1 digit and people can live with it . so how and why would you wanna change the rounding?

Comment

Change the rounding so it wouldn't round up to 99%?

Comment

Working...
                              X