Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Boosting In Private Game - Returns "Only One Instance" failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Self Boosting In Private Game - Returns "Only One Instance" failure.

Hi all,
    I keep reading that a player can self-boost by playing a multi-player, private game, opening new tabs, logging in to join oneself in private and than starting the game.
    I've tried that, waited until there were four "mes" in the game, then closed out the three other tabs, played and get the failure error of "Only One Instance Allowed" right at the end after winning.
    I'm lost on how this boosting is accomplished and for what reason a player would do this.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rowdy
    PS Happy Easter!!!
    Live In The Past, Live In Depression
    Live In The Future, Live In Anxiety
    Live in The Present, Live In Peace

check this post/youtube http://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/sa...9947#post99947

Probably you're closing the wrong window. Always leave the last tab you entered the room with as the playing tab.

And the reason you would do it is for an XP boost (when working towards 100) or speeding up the NM matchmaking process.

Comment

I see on that video that you use the new-tab-bookmark method, I just right click on the latest tab and duplicate, works just as well.

Originally posted by RowdyRhodes
      Is this for Nightmare only games?
      No, but most people only really use self boosting for NM. Self boosting can be used on any Multiplayer game mode, Nightmare, Normal, Events (which can be a bit buggy sometimes), and even contracts if you really need to.
      Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

Yeah, I've been having a separate issue related to self-boosting. I did as stated, opening and closing tabs at the right times. However, when I've successfully completed a mission with the self-boosting method (i.e. Zombie Pods w' level 14 x 4 - 56), it boots me out of my session (showing the only-one instance screen), losing all my earned rewards. Am I doing something wrong there?

Comment

Did you either;
          - have more than 1 tab open when the game screen finishes building?
          or
          -not close every tab in the order of 1st 2nd 3rd?
          Why earn alloy when you can just buy it? It's only 36 alloy for every $1 million.

Why open knowledge boxes when you get them? It's more fun to open 100 in one go cause they're easy to obtain - 1 a day or 100 a month, or... 1000 in half a year if you can be bothered saving that many for that long.... ; )

Seems links in the forum are now broken, man I haven't been here in a while. Search 'Sylvan Lawrenz' on YouTube for some of my silly/mature content if you're interested.

Comment

I set a private match up on my first tab, then open 3 more at once (at the same time).
            For some reason, I'm able to get into the private match on the second tab, but on the third and fourth tabs they get the screen.
            However, when the 3rd and 4th tabs are able to bypass the screen, I start the game from the 1st tab, then close all except the 4th tab.
            After the boosted game ends, it ends up getting back to the one-instance prompt.

(sorry if I'm being too detailed about my situation; i'll be able to simplify if you wish. Thanks for getting back to me anyway!)

Comment

You do it one at a time. Make sure all the other tabs are in the lobby before opening up a new one.

Also keep in mind that if you are boosting in public and you fully open up a new tab but the room fills up, if you play in the original tab and close the new one, you will also get the failure message. Once you open up a new tab, that newest tab must be played in order to get the rewards. Any old tabs will automatically expire at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithe View Post
                You do it one at a time. Make sure all the other tabs are in the lobby before opening up a new one.

Also keep in mind that if you are boosting in public and you fully open up a new tab but the room fills up, if you play in the original tab and close the new one, you will also get the failure message. Once you open up a new tab, that newest tab must be played in order to get the rewards. Any old tabs will automatically expire at the end of the game.
                Now I'm more confused. "In the lobby".... Do you mean to multi-tab *before* going in and setting up the private game? In the "lobby" I've never understood since there is no lobby designation in the game. Where is that? Also above is mentioned that it can be done in NM, Normal and Events. I have only tried Normal at this point and keep getting the same as mentioned above... The one instance failure at the end of the game. Could someone do a step-by-step on this for Normal to work? The video https://youtu.be/lkkvpf86CYM mentioned above shows Nightmare, but as I mentioned I've played with another player in Normal private and he can boost, but I can't and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Happy Easter!

Comment

1. Open tab 1 of SAS4
                  2. Enter a Lobby - Best to do this in a Private Match
                  3. Open tab 2 of SAS4
                  4. Enter a Lobby
                  5. Open tab 3 of SAS4
                  6. Enter a Lobby
                  7. Open tab 4 of SAS4
                  8. Enter a Lobby
                  9. Press Start
                  10. Close tabs 1-3 (Leaving tab 4 as the only one open)
                  11. Play Game

I'm thinking you're closing the tabs other than the tab with the start button (tab 1).

When you get more proficient at this, you'll likely be able to speed up the process. I've found that I can start another tab when the Ninjakiwi logo shows up in the tab.

Comment

The lobby refers to the screen in which you are waiting for the players to appear. If you are the "host", you have the map selection and [Start Game] Buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by crazywhiteman418 View Post
                      1. Open tab 1 of SAS4
                      2. Enter a Lobby - Best to do this in a Private Match
                      3. Open tab 2 of SAS4
                      4. Enter a Lobby
                      5. Open tab 3 of SAS4
                      6. Enter a Lobby
                      7. Open tab 4 of SAS4
                      8. Enter a Lobby
                      9. Press Start
                      10. Close tabs 1-3 (Leaving tab 4 as the only one open)
                      11. Play Game

I'm thinking you're closing the tabs other than the tab with the start button (tab 1).

When you get more proficient at this, you'll likely be able to speed up the process. I've found that I can start another tab when the Ninjakiwi logo shows up in the tab.
                      Wonderful! Thank you very much. And yes I was closing 4, 3, 2, and playing on 1.
                      I will try it the other way around in a Regular, Private game and see how it plays out. No one has ever mentioned in-game when they boost that they are playing on the last tab, not the first, but now, in my mind, I can see what is happening and tab 4 would be the only logical play tab. Really appreciate you helping out on this.
                      Take care.
                      Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithe View Post
                        The lobby refers to the screen in which you are waiting for the players to appear. If you are the "host", you have the map selection and [Start Game] Buttons.
                        Thank you for explaining that. Everyone talks about the "lobby" - No one has ever told me where it is. I don't think of that as a lobby. That's the game. The lobby to me is where the choices of Contracts, Single Play, Multi-Play, etc are and each one has its own Start. No wonder I've never been able to meet people when they say "Meet me in the Multi-Player Lobby" lol
                        Appreciate your help.
                        Bye for now.
                        Peace.

Comment

Typically in any multiplayer game, the lobby refers to that waiting room where players initially come in before finally starting a match/game. In this case, it's the multiplayer map selection screen (and this can also be the case for other games that have multiplayer map selection screens as well).

Comment

Must be an easy way to boost since people seem to know about this themselves probably more than likely the top players self boost to get top score in the events and win without issues so it's giver or take I guess :/

Comment

Originally posted by SheppardKillerYT View Post
                              Must be an easy way to boost since people seem to know about this themselves probably more than likely the top players self boost to get top score in the events and win without issues so it's giver or take I guess :/
                              you are sort of right, there not easier ways to boost but there are more difficult/tedious but gets better results.

There is level 100 alt accounts that is purely dedicated to self boosting which cuts down some time for you to full boost a 400 game.

half boosting for contracts which for short games which is useful for getting the most amount of kills in a certain time which works well with a dedicated boosting kongregate/ninjakiwi account.

purposely boosting towards a specific boss such as staying below I think 396 because the boss is much easier to kill in regular game mode.

And finally the most "agreessive type" of self boosting would be in virus samples so this one is slightly more harder to do and bit more controversial boosting plus its not as fun but is mainly used in champ virus events because that is the only time it is really "worth it". It is designed to keep a specific room preoccupied to prevent "leavers" in virus samples from entering to buy a time window essentially and how successful this method is determined by how strong your computer is. for my computer I can do 8 tabs open which are ready to "fire" into the lobby as fakes to keep the virus samples room preoccupied. stronger computers can do more and weaker is less obviously but all these twists that are founded through experimenting, you would also combine this with the the fast lobby entering boost where you suspend your last 3 tabs at the boost screen get all your characters in the lobby probably in under about 6 seconds which is very useful in virus samples well within the timer. This is probably the only time you don't have to play with the last in lobby tab, you can simply jump in and out of the lobby firing blank selfboost tabs until you find the perfect game. it work slike a gun so you will have to reload tabs and its best done quickly by starting up a new tab during immediately after the nk logo if you can get to the sas 4 start screen quickly. This is the most advanced self boost and may sound confusing at first but its not that hard. your still opening and closing tabs at the right times.

to say that there are no issues for top players to get top scores without any issues with self boosting is not true, problems still do exist for all at the top and bottom players but with these boosting techniques have eased the journey only slightly which is better than nothing. It takes a lot of effort to set up especially that last one and I consider it more of a tradeoff as you lose a lot of time and boring sometimes) doing these if your computer isn't fast enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X