No announcement yet.

Fortress Destroyer General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, I understand the game is kind of old and no longer updated, but I've recently started playing and am enjoying it.

What is the point of critical hits. I can't tell that they do anything. I had a critical hit module on a gatling gun, and I could see that I had 100 or so critical hits in a game, but I didn't notice any effect at all in the game. Do they do more damage, do they make blackwater ships crash or die faster or slow down or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by elttaes View Post
      Hi all, I understand the game is kind of old and no longer updated, but I've recently started playing and am enjoying it.

What is the point of critical hits. I can't tell that they do anything. I had a critical hit module on a gatling gun, and I could see that I had 100 or so critical hits in a game, but I didn't notice any effect at all in the game. Do they do more damage, do they make blackwater ships crash or die faster or slow down or something?
      Critical hits should deal 2x damage. So, basically every 1% crit chance is a 1% (average) damage increase. 30% crit chance is +30% damage, 100% crit chance is +100% damage, 130% crit chance is +100% damage. Also, it is possible to get over 100 crit chance as seen here
      Come and join the new discord community for all things Bloon!
      Welcome, to Bloons World!

Are you ready to fight against the undead?
      Come join SAS City!

Comment

• Nice, thanks!

Okay, next question...
        I got the Buckshot 12 and put Shock Spike on it. But I'm not sure it's working right. After a game, I check out the stats, and it scores the lowest damage of all my turrets, but it gets twice as many kills as my other turrets. (like, 3rd turret got 10 kills and 20,000 damage, Buckshot gets 20 kills and 12,000 damage.
        12,000 doesn't really seem like nearly as much damage as shock spike should be doing, but the kills seem way better than they should be for only 12k damage.

1. All my other guns are longer-range, maybe I'm not getting as much use out of it because the other guns are killing stuff farther out? But then how does it register so many kills?

2. Maybe it isn't registering some or all of the Shock Spike damage?

... or something else. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X