Finding Dory - Dec 1, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Dory - Dec 1, 2016

Rounds 40 - 74 on Archipelago Medium with 3 of each: 2/4 Tack Shooters, 2/3 Buccaneers, 3/2 Aces, and 4/2 Subs. 3 Tribal Turtles provided. By sniper 355
    Starting Cash: 10000

Original Suggestion:
    Originally posted by sniper 355
    Finding Dory
    40-74 with 2/4 tack, 2/3 buccaneer, 3/2 ace and 4/2 sub. 3 of each tower. 3 tribal turtles provided.

Track/Difficulty: Archipelago, Medium
    Cash: 10000
    rounds: 40-74
    towers: 2/4 tack, 2/3 buccaneer, 3/2 ace and 4/2 sub
    max per tower: 3
    agents: all, 3 tribal turtles provided

fully tested. Rounds 64+ require maelstrom timing, 71 is very difficult as you need to set to strong a lot of towers and use many maelstroms. Sometimes you even have to maelstrom the MOABs, and even quickly reposition them. If it's too difficult, end at 70. I'd say 90 MM reward.

Explantation:
    based on Finding Dory movie.
    Bucc/Sub - Underwater/sea themed.
    Ace/tack - The Octopus in the movie.
    Originally posted by Trump Monkey
    Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

NAPS, basically lots of maelstrom usgae/timing from 60+, last few rounds I had to quickly sell maelstroms and reposition them as well as well as priority target to beat the Blimps, Also had to submerge and unsubmerge alot. Playing the game on higher quality also helped as it kept it slower, so I could do it easier.

RCD: 6.5/10 (The start is trivial, but once you get to 60 it starts to pick up, 64+ is where the real challenge kicks in.)
    Difficulty: 7/10
    Enjoyablity: 5.5/10 (a bit laggy, and start is just zzzz, but it does get alot better and kinda fun by round 60, just wish it started from 50.)
    Overall: 5.95/10 (Decent) (C+)
    Last edited by Gamzdude; 01-12-16, 05:08 AM.
    Links:, ,
    Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

100% sure NAPSFRILLS is possible...
      Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
      ||
      |

Comment

...and 100% sure NAPSDRILLSFAST is impossible.
        Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

NAPSFRILLS , don't even need maelstroms until 60. 71 - 74 are the toughest, took a while to figure out the targeting.

3x turtles - they seemed to make a difference in the later rounds
          3x 0/1 buccaneers (Strong)
          3x 2/2 subs (last one during round)
          42 - two buccaneers to 1/3
          45 - third bucc to 1/3, 2/0 ace (circle) on first island
          48 - Ace to 3/0
          49 - Second ace 3/0 (circle) on the treasure island
          50 - Third ace 3/0 (kept on figure 8, likely doesn't matter much)
          52 - 3x tack shooters 0/0
          53 - All tacks and buccaneers to 2/3
          54 - Sub to 4/2 nearest the entrance (after replaying, doesn't make a difference until the 60s)
          59 - Submerged the sub closest to the entrance (make sure to unsubmerge for 60)

60 - Set all subs and buccaneers to Strong, one maelstrom when ceramics are near the tack.
          61 - all subs back to First, buccaneers kept on strong. 3x maelstrom when the MOABs break + near the tacks
          62 - 2x maelstrom on MOAB children
          63 - 3x maelstroms, one on each ceramic rush
          64 - Set all subs + buccaneers to strong, 3x maelstrom when the MOABs break + ceramics are near tacks
          65 - One exit sub to 4/2. Submerge entrance sub until the MOABs appear. One maelstrom on MOABs.

When only BFBs are left, set everything to strong, 3x maelstrom + set the exit sub near the turtle to Submerged

66 - Everything kept on Strong, maelstrom MOAB children when near the tacks
          67 - same as 66
          68 - same as 66
          69 - submerge entrance sub
          70 - one maelstrom on ceramics from MOABs
          71 - Entrance sub kept submerged, everything else still on Strong. 3x maelstroms when MOABs are near the tacks, then quickly submerge an exit sub

72 - Set buccaneers to "Close", two exit subs on First. Unsubmerge the sub once ceramic regens are gone (toggled to First). 2x maelstrom on children from the first BFB. Then quickly toggle everything back to Strong, one maelstrom on MOABs + quickly submerge the exit sub.

73 - Everything set to strong (including entrance sub). 1 maelstrom on first MOABs and 3x maelstrom on the BFBs + MOABs. Again quickly submerge an exit sub when ceramics are near.

74 - Submerge entrance sub, everything else starts on strong. Once the BFB breaks, same combo of 3x maelstrom + submerging an exit sub

Sounds more complicated in text than in practice - the video is a better explanation / demonstration of the target switching. The 70s start around 4 minutes in.

Comment

To me, mealstroming MOABs on Flash seems awkward... It's kind of hard to do for me because sometimes I'm used to selling it upon activation like on Mobile, but then I realized the blades stop shooting. 5 attempts and still unable to pass 61 so I might turn on BBS.

Comment

Difficulty: 5/10
              Enjoyability: 7/10
              Originality: 7/10
              Total: 6.8/10
              I'm currently holding the place of most suggestions in the NK Forums.
              Click here to view all my:

Comment

RCD: 6/10
                Difficulty: 5.1/10
                Enjoyability: 5.6/10 (2 SMSes used on 72 and 73, ran out of cash to maelsrom them)
                Final Verdict: 7.7/10

Comment

127th Challenge.

Fun challenge, I done NAPS.

Difficulty: 6.5/10
                  Enjoyability: 7.5/10
                  I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
                  BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
                  f you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

NAPSFRILLS. Fun challenge.
                    Difficulty: 7.5/10 - Quite tough, lots of Malestrom and target changes.
                    Fun: 7.5/10 - Really enjoyed this one, great theme and wonderful challenge.
                    Total: 15/20 - Great
                    BTD5 Rank:80
                    Challenge Legend: Yes
                    Driven: Yes

Creator of the DC of the Month Competition

Proud Member of The Watcher Clan.

Comment

Working...
                    X