Hydro Dam - Nov 28, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro Dam - Nov 28, 2016

Rounds 40 - 80 on River Rapids Medium with 5 of each: Bomb Towers, Buccaneers, Mortars, and Dartling Gunners. No upgrade limits. By sniper 355
    Starting Cash: 9500

Original Suggestion:
    Originally posted by sniper 355
    Hydro Dam
    40-80 with Bomb towers, buccaneers, mortars and dartlings. 5 of each tower.

Track/Difficulty: River Rapids medium
    Cash: 9500
    Rounds: 40-80
    Towers: Bomb, Boat, Mortar and Dartling. 5 of each.
    agents: all, none provided

tested and possible. The later rounds are pretty hard and took me a lot of time to figure out. I'd put a 150 MM as you need switching towers.

based on towers commonly used on Hydro Dam in BTDB Flash.
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 28-11-16, 02:31 AM.
    Originally posted by Trump Monkey
    Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

I think it's safe to say that I'm skipping this, for the sake of this being a 150MM DC.

Tentative RCD: 9/10
    Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

Not as hard as you'd think (IMO) I almost have, the only hard rounds to me are 40, 63-65, 77, & 80, I'm more then positive I have NAPS, For 77 I'm using Pirates tried without and with MOAB assassins and failed, 80 I'm going to needs BADS and sell & rebuy of PAW. in slow mode very quickly

NAPS, took me a couple tries, and was not too bad, I did what I said above and it worked, very close call on 77 though, basically you need epic dartling aiming while 80 needs PAW and FF with the BADS.

RCD: 7.5/10 (Needs lots of dartling aiming, and it can get hard if you're not paying attention. I think 150MM is a tad much IMO though,)
      Difficulty: 7/10
      Enjoyablity: 7/10 (Even if it's the usual dartling guns on River Rapids, I still found it quite fun, challenging, and love the theme.)
      Overall: 7/10 (Good) (B)
      Last edited by Gamzdude; 28-11-16, 03:03 AM.
      Links:, ,
      Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

Originally posted by sniper 355
        based on towers commonly used on Hydro Dam in BTDB Flash.
        *sings Just a Dream by Nelly*
        *sings Liar Liar by Cris Cab*

Absolutely nobody uses your setup in Hydro KOTH since late 2014. It has moved on to boomer-ninja-mortar-farm. Where did boomers go? Where did ninjas go? What about farms? And dartlings in BTDBO now? Don't make me laugh.
        Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
        ||
        |

Comment

Originally posted by Gamzdude
          RCD: 7.5/10
          Still can't do it NAPS (or at least your opinion on the RCD tells me that). My limit is 7.

Originally posted by Albert3105

Absolutely nobody uses your setup in Hydro KOTH since late 2014. It has moved on to boomer-ninja-mortar-farm. Where did boomers go? Where did ninjas go? What about farms? And dartlings in BTDBO now? Don't make me laugh.
          Dartlings are actually pretty good on Hydro Dam, ninjas though aren't really favored.

Comment

NAPSFRILLS, found this easier than the $85 DC a few days ago. Still lots of dartling aiming but not as precise as that one.
            Toughest round for me was 77 - careful aiming + need to draw out the round a bit to have rocket storm ready for 78.

3/1 dartling (top near entrance)
            0/0 buccaneer (entrance, strong) to 0/1 ASAP

41 - second 2/1 dartling (bottom near entrance)
            43 - bucc to 1/1
            45 - third 2/1 dartling + 0/0 bomb (middle, strong) for leads
            46 - fourth 0/0 dartling
            49 - 0/0 dartling to 2/1, buccaneer to 3/1 and bomb to 2/0
            50 - bomb to 2/3, second bomb 2/3 (strong)
            53 - 3rd bomb 2/0
            54 - bomb to 2/3
            59 - exit 2/1 dartling to 2/3
            61 - bottom 2/1 dartling to 3/1 ASAP
            63 - two more bombs 2/0 (strong)
            64 - Both 2/0 bombs to 2/3.
            Before 65 - set all bombs to First. Break BFBs one at a time, else you will leak
            66 - Bombs back to Strong
            73 - Set Bombs to First again, break BFBs one at a time.
            74 - Bombs back to Strong. Set 3/1 buccaneer to strong, second 1/1 0/1 near exit. Will have to focus dartlings near exit after the BFB breaks
            76 - 2/3 Dartling to 2/4, use rocket storm on the rush
            77 - Set Bombs to First. Take out one side of BFBs + children at a time, rocket storm after clearing out first side.

Exit buccaneer to 3/1 when you can. Avoid destroying the last MOAB so that the ability cools down - you need it ready for the first rush of 78.

78 - 1/2 mortar aimed at the middle. Rocket storm both rushes. Had both buccs on strong.

79 - Mortar to 3/2, Rocket storm used when available
            80 - Mortar to 4/2

Comment

Originally posted by Albert3105 View Post

Ehh, he's talking about the flash version in the old days, not the mobile version, and what's wrong if the theme is a bit off??
              Links:, ,
              Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

NAPSFRIS:
                Dartling gun 3/0 (left)
                Dartling gun 2/1 (left)
                Dartling gun 2/2
                Dartling gun 2/1
                Dartling gun to 3/1
                Dartling gun (2/2) to 2/3
                Two bomb towers 2/3 (strong, set to first for rounds: 65, 73, 77)
                Dartling gun to 2/3
                Three bomb towers 2/3 (strong, set to first for rounds: 65, 73, 77)
                Buccaneer 3/1 (strong)
                Dartling gun to 2/4
                Four buccaneers 3/1 (strong)
                Dartling gun 2/1
                Use rocket storm ability in round 78 (two times: on ceramic rush, then on camos)

Comment

Difficulty: 6/10
                  Enjoyability: 7/10
                  Originality: 4/10
                  Total: 6.6/10
                  I'm currently holding the place of most suggestions in the NK Forums.
                  Click here to view all my:

Comment

NAPSFRIS. 42 lives left. 2nd Try as my first, I lost on 63.
                    Difficulty: 7/10 - Dartling aiming is not a strong spot, sadly that's the main difficulty for this challenge.
                    Fun: 6/10 - Felt very similar to other River Rapid challenges.
                    Total: 13/20 - Good

BTD5 Rank:80
                    Challenge Legend: Yes
                    Driven: Yes

Creator of the DC of the Month Competition

Proud Member of The Watcher Clan.

Comment

Working...
                    X