• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telepathy - Apr. 22, 2018

The Great Divide, Medium.
    $5800 Starting Cash.

Seems to be worth every penny.

Comment

I haven't attempted this yet and I just know I'm going to dislike it. Leads are just going to be a huge pain early on...

edit: Yeah you're well-short of two 4-0 tacks by 28 (or even 30).

A 4-0 tack on one side and a leaky 1-1 to 2-1 spactory gets you through the first few rounds. Add a 4-0 Tack on the Spactory side and then a spactory on the initial tack side. I died on 40.
      Last edited by Sir Spanky; 22-04-18, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Sir Spanky, 2/0 spacs will handle the leads for 28 and 30. You don't need 4/0 tacks until 37 or 38.

Comment

You can get 2 4/0 tacks by 38 but it puts you in a bad place to handle the ceramics on 40.
          There must be a perfect sequence of buying on this but I've lost interest in trying to find it.

Comment

CO Steve, two 3/0 Tacks in the middle to strip the ceramics with two 4/0 Tacks at the bottom coupled with two Spacs is what I used.

Comment

Watched the UBC video. I was doing what he did right up to using two spacs on each side. He resorted to SMS on 64.
              Last edited by CO Steve; 22-04-18, 08:32 PM.

Comment

It's possible NLL with tack specialty, but I haven't figured out how to complete it without tack specialty. The key is abusing the fact that sprayers are insanely powerful under the influence of tier 3 tack specialty, which enables them to do huge damage to moabs and ceramics, and enabled me to beat r64 without a SMS. Without tack specialty, it's hard to gain enough money for two 4/2 spactories cause you have to spend too much money maelstroming MOAB contents, and tack sprayers stuck at one pierce makes it harder for spactory to clean up.

I actually used a RoF spot in the middle of each track, which seems counterintuitive at first since it covers less of the track than placing it at the beginning, but it gives sprayers more time to do their work to ceramics midgame, which means that RoF just cleans up ceramics and the spactory deals with any (minor) leaks, leaving most spikes intact to deal with the MOABs.
                I normally don't post runthroughs of DCs unless I feel like they're particularly difficult. However, if you need a runthrough, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to get one up.

Comment

I also did it with tack speciality in the end - couldn't do 40/43 without it. I beat 46 by adding a 0-4 tack next to the 1-2 Spactory on the MOAB side and using on the children.

I had two 4-2 spactories by 64 so it wasn't too bad, I also added two 0-4 tacks at the end and used them both after the spikes popped the MOABs.

Comment

I got up to r62 naps once, forgot how I did it though but I had to use a ton of maelstroms. r40 is pretty easy NAPS, I had two RoFs in the center, two sprayers, and 1/1 spactories. For r43, I had my spacs up to 1/2.

My start was a bit different from most people; I started with a RoF on the right side, (RoF on left side in the middle spot leaks, NLLs on the right side up until r33) a 1/0 spac and 0/0 tack shooter on the left side; this means that I only need the 2/x upgrade for spactory on one of the sides rather than both. Sadly, this start isn't NLL since you'll leak r27 and r31, and it's difficult to afford the second 4/2 spactory because of all the maelstroming you end up having to do.
                    I normally don't post runthroughs of DCs unless I feel like they're particularly difficult. However, if you need a runthrough, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to get one up.

Comment

Seems like this did get accepted whilst I took a break from the game. If anyone wants my solution to this then just post and I'll write it up for you. I assure you that the solution is NAPSable, clean, elegant and beautiful (beautiful in my eyes, but most people don't share my view on what is beautiful) and contains no unfun stuff like tack specials, sell/rebuy 0/4 tacks, SMS and luck.
                      The truth? You want the truth? But sir, you can't HANDLE the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Supermonkey View Post
                        If anyone wants my solution to this then just post and I'll write it up for you.
                        Sure, go ahead.
                        My shameless advertising:

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/tFSvYHs.png

26 - tack 2/0 x 2 in center, spac 1/0 x 2
                          28 - spacs to 2/0
                          31 - tacks to 3/0
                          34 - spacs to 2/1
                          37 - tack 2/0 x 2 at the bottom where the 4/0 tacks are in pic
                          38 - sell spacs and bottom tacks to 4/0
                          39 - rebuy spac 0/0 x2
                          40 - spacs to 1/1 asap. Might leak a little here
                          42 - spacs to 1/2
                          43 - tacks 1/0 x 2 at the top asap
                          46 - tack 0/4 on the side where the MOABs come. Now refered to as side A. Maelstrom on ceramics from MOAB
                          47 - top tacks to 3/0 asap
                          50 - Side B's spac to 3/2. Maelstrom ceramics from MOAB on side A
                          52 - Sell Side B's 4/0 tack shooter and upgrade its spac to 4/2
                          53 - Sell Side A's top 3/0 tack and upgrade its spactory to 3/2
                          Use Maelstrom on ceramics on Side A's first MOAB
                          54 - Rebuy Side A's top 3/0 tack shooter
                          55 - Maelstrom on the 4th wave of ceramics on side A
                          57 - Sell tack 4/0 and tack 0/4 on side A. Sell both tacks 3/0 on side B. Upgrade side A's spactory to 4/2
                          59 - Rebuy both tacks 3/0 on side B
                          61 - Buy a 2/3 tack at the bottom where the 4/0 tacks used to be of both side A and side B
                          63 - Both 2/3 tacks to 2/4. Two Maelstroms on first wave of ceramics
                          64 - Buy a tack 3/0 on the side which the first MOAB spawns on.
                          Maelstrom on the MOABs

Not sure if the image will work, but if it doesn't just copy and paste it into your browser title. This is a very unusual solution because you need to think way outside the box but it demonstrates without any shred of a doubt that MOAB paths can be known with 100% certainty once you see the initial spawn on 46 - as long as you don't save or use distraction/whirlwhind.
                          The truth? You want the truth? But sir, you can't HANDLE the truth.

Comment

Working...
                          X