X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye of the Storm - Apr. 11, 2018

The Eye, Medium.
    $35,000 Starting Cash.

Must be missing something, can't get past first couple of rounds, and this is only 50MM - help!!!!

Comment

So, double cash, 6 spike storms, 4 hydra's (1 bloon denial), 4 maelstorms, 4 dart storms and 4+ tempest, and still only managed with 7 lives left. I'd love to see how this is done with normal cash.

Was it even tested - as so many recently seem to have got through totally untested.

Comment

ugly. Tried 5 times. Suggestions?

Comment

I've been doing fine with Dartling Specialty and then screwing up my micro later on (and forgetting there were 2/4 Spactories).

Start with a 2/4 Dartling to the left of the eye, a 2/1 below it and a 1/1 above it. 1/1 to 2/1 ASAP (break the leads and you will have it).

Then a 1/3 Spactory
          A 2/1 Dartling on the right side
          Top dartling to 2/3

And then I think things open up. But that should get you through the early rounds.

Comment

Dartling spam early. With spec building get 6 2/1 and 4 2/3. This will carry you to 76 where you need a x/4 ace. That's as far as I've gotten.

Comment

I found a reliable start is a 1-3 Spactory in the bottom-right triangle, two 2-3 Dartlings and two 2-1 Dartlings. Add a second 1-3 Spactory and then you can actually save up for a 2-4 Dartling. I ended up dying on 76 because I forgot to use the ability!

Comment

I've made it to 80 once and died on 79 another time. For the amount of time this challenge takes, it should be worth more like 100 mm. Lots of micro and a LONG challenge, with no ability to save should make it worth a lot more than it is.

I think a 2/4 Dartling makes a huge difference with the ceramic waves on 76 and 76.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingONuns View Post
                  I've been doing fine with Dartling Specialty and then screwing up my micro later on (and forgetting there were 2/4 Spactories).

Start with a 2/4 Dartling to the left of the eye, a 2/1 below it and a 1/1 above it. 1/1 to 2/1 ASAP (break the leads and you will have it).

Then a 1/3 Spactory
                  A 2/1 Dartling on the right side
                  Top dartling to 2/3

And then I think things open up. But that should get you through the early rounds.
                  Died at 83 . It is very tedious..

Comment

Yup... I think it is a good challenge, but it should definitely be worth more than 50 mm.

Comment

So, if I read the above replies correctly, nobody has actually done this., let alone with normal amount of cash. So, same question as earlier - was this actually tested????

Perhaps all future challenges should include a screen shot of them having been completed to give us mere mortals a glimmer of hope. It's getting worse week by week, and despite many people commenting on the (perceived) lack of testing, nothing seems to be changing.

Comment

Gave up: Did double cash and Ace speciality. 14 0-0 Aces, 4 2-3 Aces. Six 2-3 Spactories in the centre and spammed Dartlings, with two 2-4 ones. two 2-3's.
                        I don't mind a challenge, but if you have to do double money to achieve it, that defeats the point.

Comment

double cash dart gun speciality and anything you do it works. just make sure to start with one BADS, then make 2 of them

Comment

As I said - WAS THIS TESTED - WHERE IS THE SCREEN SHOT TO PROVE IT. Come on guys, it's not hard to ask for proof of testing prior to releasing a challenge!!!

Comment

It's doable. I used Dartling Spec. and started with:

1x 2/3 Dartling
                              8x 1/1 Dartling
                              1/3 Spactory
                              3/0 App

I added 7 more 1/1 Dartlings
                              3/0 App > 3/2 for 59.
                              for 63 add 3x 2/4 Tack Shooters. Trigger a Blade Maelstrom when the ceramics are in the intersection at 10:00.

for 64 I sold the 3 TS and 2x 1/1 Dartlings for a 2/4 Dartling.
                              Upgrade the spactory to 1/4.
                              Add a 2/3 Ace.
                              76: sell Spac. Ace to 2/4. Use Ace ability once all ceramics are on screen.
                              77: sell Ace. buy 1/4 Spactory.

I died on 77 so maybe I should have gotten a 2nd 2/4 Dartling. not sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X