X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasty Tornado - Apr. 5, 2018

Country Road, Medium.
    $3500 Starting Cash.

Kept getting smoked on 49 but didn't try very hard. Anyone else?

Comment

I can't see how this is possible. Even with Apprentice speciality I die on 61, and that's after farming fairly heavily too.

I had three 4-2 apprentices, three 1-0 Supers, a 1-0 Village and three Aces for luck, so essentially 'maxed-out' on power.

Originally posted by CO Steve View Post
      Kept getting smoked on 49 but didn't try very hard. Anyone else?
      I could only do it by farming enough to afford a 4-2 Mage by then...

Comment

I tried a couple of 3/2 Mages but those things are an invitation to regen storms down the road.

Comment

I think you need 1/0 snipers, 1/0 Supers, and the Apps. I've been getting stuck on 49, but haven't been farming. The Aces won't do much since they aren't 2/0. They could be okay if you use Ace specialty and in Circle, but I still think the Snipers might be more important for just getting things popped.

Comment

I made it to 61 and died. Lost a bunch on 54 as well from farming too hard.

I'm wondering how much targeting affects it on 61.

Also, anyone finding any good tower placement? I've tried having an App at about 10:30, 1:30, and 4:30. I've also tried 10:30, 7:30, and 4:30.

Edit: Tried it with the Tiny Tornados premium and still no luck on 61. Big Bloon Sabotage is my best guess for what is needed... :/
            Last edited by RagingONuns; 05-04-18, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Circling Ace with spec made it easier. Got to 63 with this.

Comment

Even with Big Bloon Sabotage I didn't make it past 63 (leaked on several other levels before). Too much luck needed with tornados.

Comment

I've changed it to 60 now

Comment

I've played the DC today, no way to pass round 49. It's really luck based. However, I think that just including Road Spikes will cancel the luck and will make the DC possible, althrough still challenging.
                    I'm Rocketicewave on the new site, 41920 AP.
                    BTD5 Rank: 99. Cities: 40/40. Knowledge: all Maxed
                    f you need help testing DCs, send me a PM and I'll help you.

Comment

Yeah I like that idea. Road spikes enabled.

Comment

blimey, Aaron. I took a swipe at this one several times, but either died the death of a thousand cuts, or became overwhelmed in 57 or 58. i think the best bet is aggressive farming, 3-2 and 4-2 Apps, 1-0 supers and a village to get me there faster, but no avail.
                        Hints please.

Comment

Use App specialty building.

Start:
                          2/0 App at 4:30
                          0/0 App at 10:30
                          0/0 Farm

Farm to 1/0
                          Second farm to 1/0
                          Both Apps to x/1
                          Third App at 7:30
                          Third farm to 1/0
                          Both x/1 apps to x/2 for round 33
                          1/2 App to 2/2
                          Tower off center but covering all 3 Apps - you want to be able to place Super's in the middle

By the end of 37 you should have all 3 Apps at 2/2 plus 3 x 1/0 farms
                          Tower to 1/0
                          Super Monkey mid round on 39 (Strong or Last to help pop ceramics on 40)
                          Top Left App to 3/2 ASAP (I think it is mid round on 40)
                          Super to 1/0
                          Bottom right App to 3/2 ASAP on 43
                          Second Super Monkey as close to the middle as possible
                          Third App to 3/2

By 46 you should have all 3 Apps at 3/2, Tower at 1/0, 3 x 1/0 Farms, 1 x 1/0 SM and 1 x 0/0 SM - The SM's can now both be set to first.
                          You should have enough cash at the end of 48 or just starting 49 to upgrade the bottom left App to 4/2 in time for the ceramics on 49.
                          Second SM to 1/0
                          Upgrade other App's to 4/2 ASAP
                          Third SM in middle, towards top right, then to 1/0 ASAP
                          Sell farms and buy 1/0 Snipers set to Strong.

You may need to toggle a SM or two to Strong, but generally they should be set to First as well as the Apps. The Apps will blow the first bloons out of the way to let the SM's target the MOABs.

Comment

Finally did it. Thanks for the guide RagingONuns.

Comment

My pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X