• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cows are friends. Not food - Mar 2, 2018

26-36 with 3 of each, 5 max:
    3|2 Subs and 4|1 Snipers.

By onlinegamer321

Snowflake Easy, 26-36, $3500 starting cash, 5 lives, 55MM reward.

Aaron There is a mistake - the challenge is currently 1-50, not 26-36.

There's a mistake all right. The only way to kill camos is using a 3/x sub which are very unreliable and this map only allows a mediocre placement.

Comment

Fixed the rounds!

Comment

Yay! Although Aaron really doesn't like to ban agents.

NAPS first attempt.

This is my signature

Comment

What is the trick for 33 yellow camos? 3 of 3.x subs could not de camo them all.

Comment

Clearly something to do with matching the yellows to the subs' pulses...

Comment

I used 2 portable lakes + 2 3/2 subs. Bought a Sniper for 28-32 and then sold it for a 3rd sub. I put the lakes at 10:00 and 7:00, then put the 3rd sub in the pond at 2:00. Easy Peasy.

Comment

No tricks, just even timing on the subs. If you are gonna bypass the challenge by using agents, the easiest solution would be the meerkat.
                Last edited by onlinegamer321; 02-03-18, 04:59 AM.
                This is my signature

Comment

Originally posted by onlinegamer321 View Post
                  No tricks, just even timing on the subs. If you are gonna bypass the challenge by using agents, the easiest solution would be the meerkat.
                  Any help on how to even time the 3.x subs? I am not buying meerkat or ponds. The subs should be triggered at 120 degree interval? How to ensure that?

Comment

I timed the subs just about perfectly and I still leak around 2-3 yellows or so. I think a 13 life limit would be more reasonable. It seems very difficult, if not impossible, to time the subs well enough to miss just one yellow, but allowing for missing 2-3 yellows should make this doable if one is careful with sub timing. The rest of the rounds after 33 should be trivial.
                    I normally don't post runthroughs of DCs unless I feel like they're particularly difficult. However, if you need a runthrough, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to get one up.

Comment

Huh....that's strange. In testing I beat this at least ten times in a row. Are you in fast forward? Because I found I would leak more in fast forward. Also I was in low quality. Don't know if that makes a difference.
                      This is my signature

Comment

Well, low resolution, sub spl, and keep trying until you pass 33 gave me success eventually. I didn't get the challenge. Why 5 lives and not 1 life? It is luck based on 33 unless I am missing something.

Comment

Ok this seems a little silly, but when you're finished with round 32, you can submerge the subs and see their pulses (watch the circular pulse, not the spinning line).
                          Submerge a sub, and count 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 until you have the rhythm where the pulse hits every time you say 1.
                          Then submerge the second one on your 2's, and the third one on your 3's.

It's also important to use low quality so that you can get two subs as far to the left as possible (almost equal, not quite).
                          And stay on low speed. I still leaked one.

If your pulses don't match the rhythm then you can retry, but hitting submerge again will leave you in the cadence wherever you emerged, so you're at trial-and-error at that point. But you can still be diligent and play around with it till you're satisfied with an equally spaced rhythm.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X