• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Brown Can Moo - Jan 2, 2018

Rounds 26 - 50 on Monkey Lane Hard
    Starting cash: 3000;
    Starting lives:
    Reward: 75
    Towers: 2/2 Glue Gunner, 0/2 Monkey Village, and 4/3 Spike Factory; up to 1 of each or 3 total
    All agents allowed
    Provided: 1 Super Monkey Storm
    By onlinegamer321
    This is my signature

Yay, my third accepted daily challenge! I feel even more special than before! This was my attempt at a challenge with NO micro. Hopefully its hard enough for you guys. My original suggestion required only 1 life, so try to do it NLL if you want it to be like my original challenge. I completed this NAPS NLL.

Last edited by onlinegamer321; 02-01-18, 01:41 AM.
    This is my signature

Comment

A bunch of people are getting mad because this doesn't seem possible NAPS, and I can't prove them wrong this time. So could you provide a few tips on how you did the challenge at all, let alone NLL? There doesn't seem to be enough money to get spiked mines by 47.
      My shameless advertising:

Best Way to Beat Every BTD5 Quest
      My Custom BTD5 Challenges (NEW Challenges + One Improved!)
      Me playing Bloons Super Monkey 2 Mobile for a month

Comment

How you beat 42-43? Use SMS on regens at 42 or on ceramics at 43? Can't beat either without SMS.

Comment

Originally posted by MikkoU View Post
          How you beat 42-43? Use SMS on regens at 42 or on ceramics at 43? Can't beat either without SMS.
          42 can be beaten if you sell your 2/2 glue and instead use the 3/2 spike factory and a 1/2 glue. 43 needs SMS AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post
            A bunch of people are getting mad because this doesn't seem possible NAPS, and I can't prove them wrong this time. So could you provide a few tips on how you did the challenge at all, let alone NLL? There doesn't seem to be enough money to get spiked mines by 47.
            Oh wow, getting mad seems like a bit of an overreaction.

You've figured out the main problem here, getting the 4-2 spike factory by round 47. There is enough money, if you use your money efficiently. Make sure to get a village ASAP. Also, try to get through round 42 without any lives lost. (The less lives you tank, the more money you have.)

Originally posted by MikkoU View Post
            SMS is for 43. If on 42 the regens are getting out of control, get rid of the thing making them multiply.

Edit: seems I was ninja'd
            This is my signature

Comment

Ah, smart move to change 2/2 glue to 1/2, didn't even think about it. Thx.

Comment

Care to explain this then?:

I got the village up after upgrading my spike factory to 1/1, and at the time my glue was upgraded to 2/1. I only sold the glue once for 42 and rebought it.
                And no, selling the spike factory and rebuying is not a valid answer:

Last edited by Junior Monkey; 02-01-18, 04:41 AM. Reason: Spoilered everything
                Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th - NK Day of the Dead, My TK reworking ideas
                Originally posted by Junior Monkey;n138814
                Formerly made Ninja Kiwi great again, I wish I still could.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
                  Care to explain this then?
                  OK....it looks like you wasted too much money before round 47. There are three ways that money is wasted in this challenge. 1) by buying towers/upgrades not under a village that you should have bought under a village, 2) by spending too much on towers that you are eventually going to sell, and 3) by losing lives.

I can't know for sure what is your problem with so little information, but I suspect its a combination of 2 and 3.

This is my signature

Comment

$300 short of 4/x spactory and I think I know what to change...this is a fun puzzle. Is a 4/1 spactory enough for 47?

Comment

I gave it a few goes and I did end up beating it NAPS. Looks like my instincts were right after all.

Comment

When you're $40 short of 4/1 spactory...yaay...back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by frds View Post
                          When you're $40 short of 4/1 spactory...yaay...back to the drawing board.
                          I had never even considered a 4-1 spactory... that would be an interesting solution if it works. Just remember, the more you upgrade a tower, the more money you lose when you sell it.

This is my signature

Comment

NAPS 4 lives lost on 27.

Spoiler:
                            • 1/1 spactory
                            • 1/0 glue last
                            • glue to 2/0->2/1
                            • glue to first for 31
                            • glue back to last for 32, then strong when leads appear, then back to last
                            • 0/0 village
                            • spactory to 1/2 ASAP
                            • if a zebra goes unglued past corner on 34, quickly switch glue to strong back to last once it's glued
                            • glue to 2/2 strong
                            • spactory to 3/2
                            • glue to last for 41
                            • before 42 sell glue, rebuy glue 1/1 on last in same spot
                            • glue to 2/1 after 42
                            • SMS 43 ceramics
                            • after 46, sell glue and spactory, rebuy spactory 4/0, sell village for 4/1 spactory
                            • spactory to 4/2 ASAP
                            • Win

Last edited by frds; 02-01-18, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Since the guides are being posted now, I guess I'll share my solution which happened to also be NLL.

26. 1/1 spac, 1/0 glue (Strong) (in the position that the glue currently is)
                              27. 1/0 glue to 2/0
                              28. 2/0 glue to 2/1
                              32. 0/0 village
                              during 34. 1/1 spac to 1/2 ASAP
                              37. 1/2 spac to 2/2
                              38. 2/2 spac to 3/2
                              42. Sell glue, rebuy as 1/1 (Strong) (in the red circle)
                              43. 1/1 glue to 2/1, SMS
                              47. Sell glue, 3/2 spac to 4/2
                              Last edited by The Mochinator; 02-01-18, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X