Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yay, I was hoping someone would try to beat this one when the vaults came out. Congrats! (I'm glad Aaron didn't nerf this one to the ground like some people seemed to want him to)

I personally put the dartling in the bottom right blue circle, but I strongly disagree with your assumption that the early rounds would be luck based. Rounds 3-21 weren't even remotely luck based. (There was some minor micro before you got your 1-1 dartling, but nothing hard. In testing I literally never died before round 22). Rounds 22 and 23 had a little bit of luck, but not enough luck to make you lose any lives if you knew how to beat them. Then it was smooth sailing until round 35. Round 35 probably made me the most nervous of any round.

If I have any time soon, I'll try to record myself playing it. I think an important part of this challenge is knowing where exactly your default aiming position should be for the dartling gun in order to best utilize the spread.

Also, proving your friends wrong seems to be a theme on my daily challenges....I'll take it they don't like me or trust me very much?
    This is my signature

Comment

Yep, I figured it would be in the bottom blue spot—which is also why I figured it would be luck-based. I tried starting off in that spot, but very quickly found that the early rounds depended heavily on spread luck. Rounds 3 and 4 were obviously the worst since you don’t have 1/0 yet, so popping the bloons on the left path once they get past the kill zone is very unreliable. Even the rounds after that seemed pretty inconsistent given how far the darts travel from the bottom right to the top left, which makes the darts spread out a lot even with the 1/0 upgrade. Thank goodness that I was able to beat 46 without Robo Plasma or else I legitimately don’t think I would be able to beat it. But if you have some technique to counter the luck then I’ll be interested in seeing it.

As for your last two questions, yes to both. A lot of my fellow Discord users have been quick to doubt you when you say a DC is possible, and have even labeled you as a troll in the past. It’s not just you, though—there have been quite a few cases in which I went and beat a DC for the sole reason of proving their pre-emptive assumptions wrong, whether it’s a DC by you or otherwise. I could go into more detail, but maybe not here.
      My shameless advertising:

Comment

onlinegamer321 don't worry about it, I've noticed that there's a number of people who assume that anything they are unable to do is by definition impossible and/or luck based, despite all the evidence to the contrary. These are incidentally the kinds of people that think they're way better at the game than they actually are, so take their opinion with a grain of salt. Yes, there are cases where daily challenges are indeed not possible or inherently luck-based, but often, determining this requires more than simply an hour or two of one player who's not as good as he thinks he is attempting and failing. The difference between these kinds of people and legends like incogneato is that the latter kind of people actually spend significant effort and creative energy before jumping to conclusions, which is why they're usually able to come up with solutions while everyone else is whining about how impossible something is.

As for this particular challenge, I haven't had significant issues with rounds 3 and 4 with the bottom spot, it just takes a bit of micro to strip off the blue layer so that you have more time to clean up the reds that remain. In general, while there is some luck about when bloons get past the dartling initially, players with enough skill can deal with these situations.

Aaron has said in the past that it's impossible to please everyone with every daily challenge, so he accepts daily challenges with varying difficulty and styles. It just so happens that most people didn't appreciate this type of challenge, but you'll just have to live with that. I personally enjoyed that you couldn't just follow a set of instructions and win by default, which is what makes daily challenges fun for me.
        I normally don't post runthroughs of DCs unless I feel like they're particularly difficult. However, if you need a runthrough, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to get one up.

Comment

I don't know why I feel a compulsion to respond to that, especially since I did actually end up completing the challenge, but for whatever reason I do. *shrug*

After giving rounds 3-8 a few more goes with the bottom right spot, it seems like I'm doing a better job. Not sure what went wrong the first few times that made me abandon it--maybe my luck was just horrendously bad that time, or I hadn't thought of the trick to buy 1/0 ASAP before chasing after the strays, etc...but who knows, maybe I would be able to do it that way if I put in a few more attempts. Of course, I don't see a reason to. My solution works for me and yours for you.
          My shameless advertising:

Comment

You actually completed the challenge and noted areas which you felt were luck-based, which even if you were wrong shows you put in effort, (rather than just spending an hour and calling it quits like a lot of people) which is completely reasonable. Just to be clear, my comment wasn't aimed at you, you actually deserve a lot of credit for completing this challenge yourself.
            I normally don't post runthroughs of DCs unless I feel like they're particularly difficult. However, if you need a runthrough, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to get one up.

Comment

I've never been that good with using Dartlings, so a lot of DC's that require them tend to be at least somewhat luck based for me (ESPECIALLY ones that take place on Castle)

Comment

Working...
              X