Unbalanced towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Unbalanced towers

We're almost at the end of BTD5's era and BTD6 is coming, what towers do you guys think are unbalanced (too OP or too UP)?

Here are my thoughts on the thing:

1. Dart Monkey: Nothing wrong with it, but a buff to the spike-o-bult would be nice
    2. Tack Shooter: Nothing wrong
    3. Sniper Monkey: Nothing wrong
    4. Boomerang Shooter: Might need a small buff to the Glaive Lord but nothing too serious.
    5. Ninja Monkey: x/1 is bugged in maps with more than one path as it would miss the bloons a lot, also x/3 is outclassed, I have no reasons to use it
    6.Bomb Tower: Such a good tower
    7. Ice Tower: Next,
    8. Glue Gunner: Its ability is a bit too UP, needs a buff imo
    9.Monkey Buccaneer: Good tower is good
    10. Monkey Ace: The first two upgrades of each tier along with the base form 0/0 are sooo weak, the x/3 upgrade might needs a small buff but that's it
    11. Super Monkey: Yeah
    12. Monkey Apprentice: Only problem is the super tornado upgrade that takes 6800 cash on easy, it is way too overpriced, the phoenix is fine
    13. Monkey Village: Nothing serious here
    14. Banana farm: Nothing serious here
    15. Mortar Tower: Another perfectly fine tower
    16. Dartling Tower: Yeah
    17. Spike Factory: Balanced
    18. Monkey Sub: This guy is OP, plz nerf

If I could change the game myself...
    Spike-o-pult price 500->400 and firing rate (frames) 47->42
    Tack shooter Extra Range Tacks and Super Range Tacks prices 90;225->50 and Blade Shooter price 680->450 and pierce to 3 for each blade. Ring of Fire should have its range bug fixed.
    Sniper Point Five Oh price 2200->1500 and Deadly Precision price 4000->2500.
    Glaive Lord should have 3x damage output.
    Flash Bomb stuns all layers of bloons, has a 40% chance of sending bloons back, and has blast radius 120->140
    Bomb Tower's Bigger Bombs update should cost 300, and Extra Range Bombs should cost 150.
    Ice Tower's Viral Frost should pop two layers of bloons (and freeze through an additional layer), slow MOABs in its radius by 50%, and slow BFBs in its radius by 25%. Absolute Zero should freeze through all layers of bloons, apply permafrost to its initially frozen layer, and last for 8 seconds. Cooldown should be shortened as well.
    Glue Gunner's base price should be 200. Glue Striker ability has a much, much faster cooldown. Glue itself in general buffed so it slows ceramics and negates regrowth. Its cost should be reduced. Bloon Liquefier should affect MOAB-class bloons and pop 15x a second.
    Buccaneer's Faster Shooting upgrade should have price dropped from 400->300. Aircraft Carrier could have a slight price drop.
    Neva Miss darts turn 3x as fast and all 8 darts turn properly. Sharper Darts pop 2 layers of the first bloon it hits. Pineapple Present price 200 -> 50, and Operation: Dart Storm fires more pineapples and fires slightly faster.
    Laser Vision should be two parallel single-pierce projectiles (Robo Laser will fire as Fast as Robo Plasma but with 2 less pierce), and its price should be 3500 -> 3000.
    Monkey Apprentice base cost should be 500. Whirlwind and particularly Tornado should fire faster. Tornado should affect MOAB-class bloons. Dragon's Breath should have more pierce.
    Village Monkey Town should be 8000. MIB: CTA should be 18000.
    Banana Farm's Long Life Bananas should increase time to 30 seconds and cost 50. Valuable Bananas should have its price dropped to 2500. Monkey Bank should cost 3000. Banana Republic should produce 30 bananas a turn.
    Mortar Tower could have a slight price drop and pierce buff for The Big One, but it's otherwise fine. It just needs to be used properly.
    Ray of Doom should pop 2 layers every frame.
    Spike Factory is fine.
    Monkey Sub is fine. Submerge and Support is the cheapest way to remove camo anyway.

Note that this is kinda arbitrary, and my judgment may have been somewhat off.
    Last edited by AFN7; 22-04-17, 02:43 PM.

Awesomefaceninja7 - Ninjakiwi member since March 2013

Comment

Major "Problems" I see:
      • 2/2 sub is OP. Submerge, missile, reactor, first strike are fine. Increase price of x/2.
      • 2/3 ice is OP. Destroy all bloons in radius for less than 5k? Ridiculous. The shards shouldn't be triggered by snap freeze or other shards - they should only be triggered by other towers.
      • 4/x glue is useless. Decrease the price to ~5000. It'll still be a very niche tower, by someone might find a use for it.

Aside from these, I feel like all other towers are reasonable. Changes could be made, but aren't necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by frds View Post
        Major "Problems" I see:
        • 2/2 sub is OP. Submerge, missile, reactor, first strike are fine. Increase price of x/2.
        • 2/3 ice is OP. Destroy all bloons in radius for less than 5k? Ridiculous. The shards shouldn't be triggered by snap freeze or other shards - they should only be triggered by other towers.
        • 4/x glue is useless. Decrease the price to ~5000. It'll still be a very niche tower, by someone might find a use for it.

Aside from these, I feel like all other towers are reasonable. Changes could be made, but aren't necessary.
        Yeah, I disagree with 2 of these strongly.

1. The 2/2 Sub is not OP, it can't pop leads and is not that good against huge rushes (Mainly ceramics), that's where the missile comes in, also if it was nerfed and the price was changed, this could make some DC's like my "Un Asympote" pretty much impossible are hardly even NAPSable!
        2. While it indeed can clear rushes effectively, and even shard MOAB'S if bloons are in range, making that change again, could mess up some DC's.
        3. I can agree to this, that would make it a bit better, but still useless, why not make it effect MOAB's for the same price it currently is.

And I'm sure Albert3105 will have more to say.
        Links:, ,
        Status: Rank- 38, Ap-15255 , BTD5- Rank 78, BMC: City One Lv 34, City Two Lv 27, FD: 3 Lv 40 ships, and 1 lv 15 Corvette. SAS4: Lv 93A

Comment

I beg to differ, Bloon Liquifier isn't useless.
          If you've read Underrated's guide to underused towers in the archive forums, you'll understand what i'm talking about, here's what I remember of its argument, i'll add several lines of my own too:

"Unfortunately, Bloon dissolver doesn't own ceramics, it only does so in very long maps like the beginner ones(And everything works on the beginner maps anyway), and even then, in later rounds, there's the issue of bloons emerging from the blimps, which doesn't emerge in the beginning of the map (as you need time to pop blimps), so if you put your bloon dissolver in the beginning of the map, your dissolver will miss the bloons emerging from the blimps most likely, anyway, the Bloon Liquifier, isn't meant to be used like a support tower, where it just aids a stronger tower to aid bloons, it is meant to be supported, like, add some MOAB popping towers in the beginning of the map (x/3 Bomb Tower comes to mind), add some ice towers to slow down the bloons so that they can be glued, and you're done, it can own all non MOAB-class bloons if provided by some support."

While I agree it is expensive, I don't agree that it is useless, it just needs a slight price decrease

Comment

Originally posted by nmego123456 View Post
            I beg to differ, Bloon Liquifier isn't useless.
            If you've read Underrated's guide to underused towers in the archive forums, you'll understand what i'm talking about, here's what I remember of its argument, i'll add several lines of my own too:

"Unfortunately, Bloon dissolver doesn't own ceramics, it only does so in very long maps like the beginner ones(And everything works on the beginner maps anyway),
            But bloon dissolver pwns everything below ceramic, so you only need something to strip the ceramic layers, and the rest of the layers are guaranteed to melt off without much further intervention. It's a huge step up from, say Ring of Fire. Glue Hose, on the other hand, requires even more track and time to do maximum corrosion damage, hence requiring even more support from other towers.

and even then, in later rounds, there's the issue of bloons emerging from the blimps, which doesn't emerge in the beginning of the map (as you need time to pop blimps)
            3/x ice + 2/3 village is so much better, it has infinite pierce, buffs all towers nearby, kills camos, and nerfs the prices of any towers and upgrades bought within village radius. It works on all maps from Down the Drain to Candyland to Crypt Keeper to B-Lab. Meanwhile bliquefier can only hit 4-5 bloons to the tune of $16 000+ total.

so if you put your bloon dissolver in the beginning of the map, your dissolver will miss the bloons emerging from the blimps most likely,
            So? There should be other towers downstream to dispose of blimp children. Ninjas, robo-monkeys, 4/2 spike factories, maelstrom, dartlings, SMFC, 3rd-tier ice + assistance, or even cumbersome things like 4/2 mortars and phoenixes can and do help out.

anyway, the Bloon Liquifier, isn't meant to be used like a support tower, where it just aids a stronger tower to aid bloons, it is meant to be supported, like, add some MOAB popping towers in the beginning of the map (x/3 Bomb Tower comes to mind),
            And so is bloon dissolver, and so is Ring of Fire, and so are ninjas, and so is Arctic Wind, and so is 4/2 spike factory, and so are mortars, and so are spectres, and so are super monkeys, etc. etc etc. Yet their prices are fitting for their viability, meanwhile bliquefier costs five digits for the upgrade alone yet can only glue four bloons at once and cannot affect blimps. Ring of Fire is cheap, ninjas distract + sabotage ability, Arctic Wind has infinite pierce, 4/2 spactories solo many kinds of formations when given enough spikes, spectres solo dense ceramic rushes, robo-plasma and SMFC brute force, all at magnitudes greater than what the bliquefier can achieve for its cost. , Jasonc65, a very experienced BTD player, told me that bliquefier is an "overpriced catcher of a few ceramics", and I agree that it sums up how weak it is. If an overpriced good cannot do enough good by itself to justify its use, one simply abandons it for better goods.

add some ice towers to slow down the bloons so that they can be glued, and you're done, it can own all non MOAB-class bloons if provided by some support."

But AW + MIB solos all regular bloons by itself.

While I agree it is expensive, I don't agree that it is useless, it just needs a slight price decrease

What do you mean by a "slight decrease"? Bliquefier cannot match any towers in its price bracket, it needs a SEVERE price nerf to get it into the price tier it deserves.
            OffT: Underrated1's Underused Tower Guide is one of the worst-quality posts I've ever seen get stickied on any forum. It's chock full of fail logic throughout, it would take a whole day to point out all the garbage in it.

Comments to you in red.
            Last edited by Albert3105; 26-04-17, 01:34 PM.
            Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
            ||
            |

Comment

Well, i'm pretty convinced with everything you've said there. I agree that it needs a rework.

Comment

Ice Shards is fine as it is. It can be very luck-based and inconsistent in its damage output.

Awesomefaceninja7 - Ninjakiwi member since March 2013

Comment

Bloon dissolver removes 2 layers per second.
                  A ceramic bloon has 18 layers, and it takes 9 seconds to pop a ceramic.
                  9 seconds is enough.

Comment

ice is fine as is. glue is a bit spendy. boomer glaive lord is weak and very under-powered compared to the cheaper second path bionic arm that shreds twice as fast and damages more bloons.
                    aces are useless in the first few tiers and then finally powerful in 4th tiers. but even with the forward gunner they're pretty useless and quite spendy to upgrade. really not a tower you can depend on at all until you have enough money to skip straight to tier 4.

Comment

A tower balance thread? Count me in.
                      Probably around 30-50% of upgrades' cost could be changed.
                      The main problem is, the the daily challanges could become to easy or to hard.
                      As far as i know, some suggestions to change tower prices in btd5 was used in btd battles.

Comment

Working...
                      X