Lots of players with the name PLAYER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of players with the name PLAYER

It's so annoying when several players with the same name PLAYER talk in guild chat, we have 5 such players in the guild (they said that they have chosen a different name, but it's bugged and it shows PLAYER instead).
    I mean, come on, give each player a unique name, it shouldn't be hard to implement this.
    Also give an option to rename your name (for 50k gold, or for 100 gems, or so, to avoid the abuse, also there should be a timer until you can rename again, like 1 week or so).
    Last edited by Robai; 14-12-18, 08:20 PM.

Relax that this bug is temporary. When I joined the game for the first time, I stayed for a week under the name of "player", but over time, it will change to your username, be connected to the Ninja Kiwi Site, or Kongregate, or even on the cell phones where you play.

Comment

That's common for mobile players since a lot of them don't have an account so it defaults to 'player'.
      For the web, usernames that are over 13 characters long default to 'player' (for some reason) as well until they email support.
      Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th - NK Day of the Dead, My TK reworking ideas
      Originally posted by Cupid Monkey
      I love you Bloons. So much, that I want to pop you.

Comment

Well, several months doesn't look like temporary.
        If naming system depends on the platform then it's a really poor programming (1 or 2 days delay is fine, but a delay of several months or "until ticket was sent" is just absurd).

The main thing is that this is not a rare thing at all. It looks like 5% of all players has name Player.

Comment

Originally posted by Robai View Post
          Well, several months doesn't look like temporary.
          If naming system depends on the platform then it's a really poor programming (1 or 2 days delay is fine, but a delay of several months or "until ticket was sent" is just absurd).

The main thing is that this is not a rare thing at all. It looks like 5% of all players has name Player.
          If a player doesn't login in any way, the game doesn't know what to call them, so it calls them "Player". The simple solution is to encourage these people to create or log in to an account. Otherwise, what are you gonna call them?
          I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

RIP Bloonchipper. You were a good tower

Comment

Originally posted by Ptolemy2002 View Post

If a player doesn't login in any way, the game doesn't know what to call them, so it calls them "Player".
            Those players play the game often, they chat a lot, one ask questions, other replies, etc. and they all are shown as "Player".
            As I said, it's just a poor programming (there are many ways to fix that).

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was my understanding that if you played Fortress Destroyer that your name would be Player for NK accounts. And TK only allows 16 chars for a username, which is too short for some existing usernames.

It was a simple email to support to fix it. You just have to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Robai View Post

Those players play the game often, they chat a lot, one ask questions, other replies, etc. and they all are shown as "Player".
                As I said, it's just a poor programming (there are many ways to fix that).
                The only solution is to encourage them to log in and/or change their username. What else do you expect them to do?

I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

RIP Bloonchipper. You were a good tower

Comment

Working...
                X