Tower defense with 5 floors should be useful

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower defense with 5 floors should be useful

Players should have a reason to fill all 5 floors.
    So many players have less than 4 floors ..., the reward sucks (no fun to attack Towers atm).

The suggestion consists of 3 parts:
    Part 1. A bonus for dropping soul stone for filling all slots in all floors.
    Part 2. A bonus for dropping soul stone for having higher Tower Strength.
    Part 3. A chance for dropping soul stone for losing defense.

Now the details:

Part 1.
    Soul stone drop rate should be increased if all slots of tower floors are filled (you can get full bonus even at lower lvls). For example, maximum +25% bonus.
    At lvl 25+ a player can buy 4th floor (I think 5th floor is unlocked at lvl 30).
    So, if a lvl 25 player has only 3 floors and has 2 empty slots (i.e. 4*6-2 = 22 slots are filled while he can have 4 floors) then for successful defense he should have this chance for soul stone:
    base_chance*(1+0.25*16/22)

I'm lvl 32 atm and I have 5 floors, but if I fill just 16 slots out of 5*6 =30 then I'll have this chance for soul stone:
    base_chance*(1+0.25*16/30)

For this bonus it doesn't matter what you fill on the floors (heroes, or no heroes, low lvl monsters, just anything)

Part 2.
    Now another bonus needed that counts Tower Strength (so that there would be less reasons to fill floors with low lvl monsters). For example, maximum +25% bonus.
    I'm not sure how tower strength is calculated, but we need to compare how good it is at your lvl.
    Let's define base_TS as Tower Strength, which is calculated when all floors are filled with heroes/monsters at your lvl (in my case it means that all 5 floors are filled with lvl 32 heroes/monsters).
    Also let's define TS as your current Tower Strength.
    So, the bonus multiplier is this:
    (1+0.25*TS/base_TS)

Since TS can be a bit higher than base_TS then it can be a bit higher bonus than 25%. You can take minimum of that and 25%, so the modified multiplier is this:
    min((1+0.25*TS/base_TS), 1.25)

Let's return to our first example: lvl 25 player has only 3 floors with 2 empty slots (so, 16/22 slots are filled) and has Tower Strength 35.
    This player should have this chance for soul stone on successful defense:
    base_chance*(1+0.25*16/22)*min((1+0.25*35/base_TS), 1.25)

The maximum possible total bonus from both parts is 56.25%:
    base_chance*1.25*1.25 = base_chance*1.5625
    (you can reduce base chance if needed, just divide it by 1.5625)

Part 3.
    If defender loses he should still have a chance to get a soul stone, but with a decreased chance, for example 25% of base chance.
    If the player in the mentioned example loses defense then he should have this chance for soul stone:
    0.25*base_chance*(1+0.25*16/22)*min((1+0.25*35/base_TS), 1.25)

Why part 3 is needed? Well, atm many players don't bother with defenses at all. Now, if losing also had a chance to drop stones then players will want to increase this chance as much as they can (by the formula above this chance is increased by filling floors and having higher tower strength). So, it would be definitely worth investing on better defenses even if you know you'll lose.

The mentioned numbers are just for illustration of the idea, feel free to modify them (the main idea is this: there should be a good reason to fill all 5 floors).
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Robai; 01-09-18, 02:21 AM.

Look, do not require much of recompenas when the Tower Assault is completed successfully, because it is not difficult to complete it, at least those of nvl55 and with its 5 favorite heroes (being 4 used and one more in special cases that needs change for him) is more than necessary to defeat almost all opponents.

For example, I lose only when that Berserker "hits a block" with his area attack and the extra power buff (80% of defeat), or Black Guard with the ultimate weapon and the rest freezing towers (between 40 % up to 60% of defeat), or the ultimate weapon shaman with four freezing towers, plus that magician who greatly reduced his "attack" and "defense" on a single opponent (between 35% and 60% of defeat) ... among other methods of defense, but that only those who really want to win in defense of the Tower, is that it applies to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando Neto View Post
      Look, do not require much of recompenas when the Tower Assault is completed successfully, because it is not difficult to complete it, at least those of nvl55 and with its 5 favorite heroes (being 4 used and one more in special cases that needs change for him) is more than necessary to defeat almost all opponents.
      My whole post was for defending Tower only (part 1 and part 2 is for winning defense, part 3 was for losing defense).
      I didn't mention any change in rewards for attacking Towers (as far as I know you don't get soul stones from attacks anyway).

Also I didn't ask to increase rewards for winning defense (maybe it should be increased), I just asked to change it so that those with empty Towers would have less chance to get souls stone, while those with filled floors have greater chance to get a soul stone.
      But I did ask to increase rewards (from "no reward" to "small reward") for those who lose defense, also filled floors should give better rewards here.
      Last edited by Robai; 01-09-18, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Your defense rewards are correlated with your tower strength, at least it seems that way when I'm missing a hero out of the tower. Seems like a good reason to fill it up.

If you want to force people into better towers, make it so you can only attack towers +/- 10 points of your current tower level. Either they'll fall out of the rotation, or they'll have to fill the tower adequately when they want to attack.

Either way, I don't have to see garbage towers when I'm attacking.

Comment

Working...
        X