[SUGGESTION] Random Loot Drop Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SUGGESTION] Random Loot Drop Changes

As most people have noticed, troll loot is pretty annoying in this game, so I have some ways to alleviate it a bit.

Random Monster drops choose from only monster types from the level played, also applies for tower attacks and catacombs (if skipped using a map, it'll choose a random monster that is able to be dropped at the keeper level, likewise with the random loot from the wizard tower). No longer spawns from green chests.
    Random Armor/Weapon/Machine drops choose from machines/armor/weapons that you have learned - can spawn from green chests. For levels 51+ only rare+ machines/armor/weapons can spawn.
    Increase chance of artisan points, decrease chance for skill points.

For levels 50+ the following items will be converted to gold:
    Skill points: 2 gold per point

Decrease variance in loot drops, specifically for equipment and monsters. Currently it ranges from 70% of the PvE level to 100%, which can be a problem in the later levels. I think it should vary only by rarity - more common monsters will drop at a higher level than epics do.
    Examples:
    If the highest rarity for a monster is rare in the PvE content, then an uncommon in the same content can drop one level higher, and a common will drop two levels higher.
    This means if there is an epic monster in that content, commons can drop 4 levels higher than the advertised PvE level.

Monsters drop starting at PvE level 8 (so that means no monsters can drop in chapter 1, except for hard and extreme), because the tower is unlocked at level 10, and having a few extra levels to set up a defense will help with that alongside the higher level monster drops on occasion.
    Last edited by Junior Monkey; 21-01-18, 08:07 PM.
    Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th - NK Day of the Dead, My TK reworking ideas
    Originally posted by Junior Monkey;n138814
    Formerly made Ninja Kiwi great again, I wish I still could.

In fact, I would prefer that in the nvl50 up to nvl54, it would be possible to drop weapons and armor "super rare", even if it is at a very low level, since the requirement is an arcane fragment and empty nucleus, is increasingly demanding, in nvl55 already it is possible to drop weapons and epic armor, but at a very good percentage of 1%, where you would have to fight a lot, to drop something so overpower. Well, it was just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando Neto View Post
      In fact, I would prefer that in the nvl50 up to nvl54, it would be possible to drop weapons and armor "super rare", even if it is at a very low level, since the requirement is an arcane fragment and empty nucleus, is increasingly demanding, in nvl55 already it is possible to drop weapons and epic armor, but at a very good percentage of 1%, where you would have to fight a lot, to drop something so overpower..
      Errr.... what
      Wouldn't going with the flow be bliss, but in time, what becomes of such a life?

Comment

I'd like to point out that I'm level 51, have completed well over 1000 catacomb runs (placing top 1% twice) and an uncounted number of tower attacks (also placing top 1% twice, and reaching 4.5k or higher prestige every week purely on tower attacks since level 45) and despite having been told these are the best place to find them, I haven't obtained a single Corrupted Inquisitor. Nor have I obtained any epic monsters. I've literally only obtained one random purple rarity monster ever--a vampire. Really NK? I've long lost count of the people with Corrupted Inquisitor in their towers--I started seeing them mid 30's and I see them in roughly every other tower I've raided since then

This is honestly not ok--especially considering this monster is all but required to complete every difficulty of the witch's quest. Oh, and the best part is that there is a place to get a guaranteed Corrupted Inquisitor!...the extreme difficulty chest of the last level of the witches quest... where you need one in order to complete it in the first place...
        Last edited by CrankyFunk; 30-11-17, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Besides, most monsters have bad skill sets or their stats are weak. Or basically they don't even have enough skills as a whole. For example, Vampire has decent stats but bad skills, while the Frozen Blood Conjurer has good skills but suffer from low stats. Both are super rares and have 3 skills only, which is pretty underwhelming

Comment

Okay, I've collected the data of 1031 random loot drops since I created this thread (from catacombs, green chests, boss fights, tower attacks, wizard tower, and campaign), and here are the results:

Scrolls: 323 (31.3288%)
            Weapons: 180 (17.4588%)
            Skill Points: 149 (14.452%)
            Monsters: 127 (12.3181%)
            Armor: 105 (10.1843%)
            Machines: 61 (5.9166%)
            Components: 55 (5.3346%)
            Artisan Points: 31 (3.0068%) *whimper*

Comes to think of it, skill points could be removed from the green chests as well.
            I'm thinking there should be a few different algorithms for random loot. Each loot drop type has a weight, and certain modes can utilize different weights.

All Loot Drop Weights:
            Scroll 15 - 0.25 * level
            Skill Points 50 - 2 * level
            Artisan Points 10 + level, capped at 50
            Weapons 25
            Armor 10
            Monsters -7 + 0.75 * level
            Machines -3 + 0.5 * level
            Components 20

Campaign: Skill Points (Green chests will not drop these), Scrolls, Weapons, Armor, Artisan Points, Machines, Components
            Catacombs: Monsters, Artisan Points, Weapons, Armor, Components, Scrolls
            Tower Attacks: Weapons, Armor, Artisan Points, Machines, Monsters, Components
            Wizard Tower: Everything

As far as rarity distribution concerns me, I think rare machines, armor, and weapons should be possible to obtain from random loot. When I checked the probabilities of them I noticed that they were close to 75% common and 25% uncommon, 2/3 common and 1/3 for armor. Perhaps these could be changed to 65% common, 30% uncommon, and 5% rare.

Monster rarity distribution:
            Common: 65%
            Uncommon: 25%
            Rare: 7%
            Super Rare: 2.5%
            Epic: 0.5%

Component distribution here (changes in ninja text): https://forums.ninjakiwi.com/forum/j...687#post137687
            Last edited by Junior Monkey; 10-03-18, 03:55 AM.
            Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th - NK Day of the Dead, My TK reworking ideas
            Originally posted by Junior Monkey;n138814
            Formerly made Ninja Kiwi great again, I wish I still could.

Comment

Working...
            X