Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shyrtexx
    replied
    This list does not make any sense whatsoever. I use all these towers constantly and I got a fifteen win streak so

Leave a comment:

• Salmon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post

I'm impressed that you managed to reply exactly 1 year after the last post.
    It must be some sort of secret plan :O

Leave a comment:

• The Mochinator
    replied
    Originally posted by gooiks View Post
    Absolutely not. A ninja wizard strat is setting you up for failure on round 13. 0/3 dart monkeys, and later on, 4/0 dart monkeys, are tremendously more effective.
    I'm impressed that you managed to reply exactly 1 year after the last post.

Leave a comment:

• gooiks
    replied
    Absolutely not. A ninja wizard strat is setting you up for failure on round 13. 0/3 dart monkeys, and later on, 4/0 dart monkeys, are tremendously more effective.

Leave a comment:

• The Mochinator
    replied
    i disagree the most overated tower is the heli pilot it dosent pop the op camo regrow reds

Leave a comment:

• CyncialPotato314
    replied
    Are you trolling? I'm afraid I can't quite tell.

Leave a comment:

• KRooijackers
    replied
    Top 5 most overrated upgrades:
    1) maelstrom. can't see camo bloons and pop leads. camo mettle and ur dead
    2) smfc. turns your dart monkey into a super monkey for a short period of time. lol! who needs one super monkey for 8k while you can buy one for 3.5k permanently!
    3) absolute zero. zebra and white bloons are immune, as well as moabs. if you want a stall tower, your much better off using mortar stall.
    4) banana factory. pretty obvious that its better to get 25 bananas from the republic than 10 creates from the factory. as the operation dart storm says: the more, the better!
    5) sabotage supply lines. as the description says: slows down bloons by half. when i activate the ability, I dont see it being activated. it simply doesnt work. the absolute zero plays effect but sabotage doesnt?! also bloons start moving super duper fast after 15 seconds.

who agrees?

Leave a comment:

• Speedy05
    replied
    Wizard Ninja combo overrated

Leave a comment:

• Bloonuminati
    replied
    Whenever I play the R3 mode, I always skip maps that have either a Super Monkey or Cobra in them.

Leave a comment:

• lovepreet
    replied
    ace overrated imo

Leave a comment:

• qwertyxp2000
    replied
    Wizard is now at its prime balanced point - it is not too strong but its upgrades are at least adequate enough to sort out most rushes well with good skill with them. It is still weak to Grouped MOAB-class, ZOMGs, and spaced bloons, but it does quite decent on anything else with good planning.

Leave a comment:

• Speedy05
    replied
    Super is honestly worthless unless the enemy does not send eco. OR Bananza.

Lizard is not as viable, even the upgrades in updates make it more or less worth

Dart needs a few buffs to get viability.

Leave a comment:

• The Mochinator
    replied
    why are people still posting on this thread :?

Leave a comment:

• Truelotus1991
    replied
    2 things wrong here.
    1.) The sub isn't as useless as you think. Even throwing out the reactor on the 2 maps you specified it's still very useful as it does severely help to reduce the threat that a regen rainbow rush poses. Secondly it can also serve as a good support tower for popping with it's 2/2 and 2/3 upgrades, and finally it has the 2/4 upgrade which really helps against early zomg rushes especially if you can keep the sub a secret (not use it) until they send the zomgs. Also another great use for it is on the one map that's basically all water with ice. I'm actually surprised you didn't mention that. Because it has a super ideal spot for the nueclear sub, and with the sheer amount of space it's a great choice over the super monkey becuase of how little land there is vs water.

2.) Wizard. I'm gonna kind of cheat here and go with you can use this to basically get an instant win against literally anyone no matter how good they are if you can live to round 25-26. You can lag them out by regrowing the natural bloons to lag them out. Like i said kind of cheating in terms of this list although still legit enough not to be cheating in the game. (I want to note here i have yet to be able to get it to do this while trying. I know it can be done i've seen it done just extremely hard to find hte perfect balance of having it appear to have regrown on the opponents half while having it under control on your half.)
    Last edited by Truelotus1991; 17-05-18, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 0rb1t4l str1k3
    replied
    Originally posted by Ptolemy2002 View Post
    The late game stuff pretty much balances the entire tower there.

Not true at all. Not one bit.

Then don't use blade sacrifices.

You just proved why this tower IS NOT overrated.

Then get multiple bloon traps.

You do have a point there...

They don't use it to POP the bloons, they use it to TAKE AWAY regrow/camo properties so that OTHER TOWERS can pop the bloons.

Depends on what upgrades you have for the dart monkeys. Triple darts can definately defend that.

First Strike: can kill 20 grouped MOABS, 10 BFBS, or 1 ZOMG anywhere on the track in 1 powerup no problem.
    Spike storm: can defend 1 ZOMG with 5 powerups. Otherwise, you have to wait until the MOAB classes get to the end and it usually just flies past your spikes. Even if you kill it, you can't defend the ceramics that come after. Also, spike machine gains power OVER TIME whereas the sub has power ALL THE TIME.

Doesn't mean a bad TOWER, just means a bad PLAYER.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Nah, that's the Mortar by FAR.

It pushes back the bloons. with a tempest tornado, you can keep the bloons away so that it never gets past the track. Also, your other towers will be able to handle it.

That's because The monkey Apprentice isn't good against regrows. Regular bloons get owned.

What you did in this post was take some of the best towers, and name them "overrated" because of really small thing that don't even reflect the point of the tower. All of these "overrated" towers are in the top 10 list for the best towers.

Super monkey ranks 3rd.
    Engineer ranks 10th.
    Sub ranks 6th.
    Ninja ranks 5th.
    Apprentice ranks 4th.

You need to actually see the goal of the existence of the tower and then judge it by that instead of judging it by the parts that they are horrible at because they were not meant for that purpose.
    You're wrong. Here's why:

Since the supermonkey is so bad early/mid game, you won't even get to late game if you use it. A 0/0 supermonkey can't even defend grouped blues (I don't know what makes you think it can). Besides, late game, chipper is the most important tower. Late game, chipper + bad late game towers is better than super monkey w/o chipper. For more, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzkC237oXKY.

For the engineer, it's true that it's good early game, but that's pretty much it. Bloon traps are inefficient for money, are bad at defending rushes, and cleansing foam can easily be overrun.

Only thing I would agree with you on is the sub. It's definitely a bit overrated, but doesn't deserve #3.

For the ninja, it's very inefficient for grouped popping power. Ninjas are more of a support tower really. However, most players rely on them too much, which makes them overrated. More info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqKH7LkGRY

You're completely wrong about the apprentice. The mortar DEFINITELY isn't overrated. I see people using wizard ALL THE TIME, yet I rarely see anyone use the mortar. Also, what makes you think tornado wizard is good against regens? Ever heard of regen farming? 9 bloonjitsu ninjas can defend regen rainbows, but once you add a 4/x, 3/x, or even 2/x wizard the rainbows will start to regen like crazy and the ninjas will no longer be able to handle the regen rainbows. Besides, the apprentice isn't even that good against non-regrow bloons. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGj0bZKCFAI

The reasons why those towers are overrated aren't "small points" they're terrible at a lot of things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X