Top 5 Most Overrated Towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
    Mochinator, it's not possible to get 5k eco by round 22 on any map in classic, not even if you do nothing but build eco 24/7 and build almost no defense.
    I figured. Is it even possible to get 2000? Maybe Tyler could try to go for a world record on that...
    My shameless advertising:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post

I figured. Is it even possible to get 2000? Maybe Tyler could try to go for a world record on that...
      2k is easy, I can get that on maps like harvest without even being greedy.
      3k I don't think that's possible.
      (Type something here...............)

Comment

If you're sending a bunch of eco, that means you're not building your defenses. So they'll rush you and kill you.
        I have a way of doing both at the same time. Don't ask me how because it is way too hard to explain.
        I know, but if you're defending R13 and R15, you'll be using 0/0 and 2/0 chippers. 4/2 is for late-ish game, like round 22.
        If you take an upgrade for the bloonchipper and compare prices with the upgrade at the same location on the engineer, the engineer will usually be cheaper.
        The reactor is strictly a bloon-popping tower. It's best to clean up all the bloons after the support towers have shredded through everything else. With that being said, it is most effective to use the reactor to pop the bloons completely and thoroughly, instead of leaving remnants that other towers wouldn't pop as effectively.
        Either way it does the same amount of damage, so the support towers do the same too.
        Yes, and that's how I know it sucks. Even a lot of them do barely any damage to MOAB-class bloons for a much higher price than what you could be spending on something that's actually good, like a SMFC or a 4/2 chipper.
        It does a lot of damage to MOABS!!!
        Last edited by Ptolemy2002; 25-11-16, 03:21 PM. Reason: Changed bloonchipper to engineer
        I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

RIP Bloonchipper. You were a good tower

Comment

OMG secret OP eco strat that gets 5000 by r24 XD XD XD teach meh ur ways senpai

On most maps, 2k by r22 is way too much and will result in your opponent having an easy shot at a guaranteed win at some point by rushing you when you have little defense and no money.

As for Phoenix doing a lot of damage to MOABs, I agree that this is the strong point of the phoenix. Only because the phoenix is even worse at popping bloons. It has horrible range and targets similarly to a Spectre. Two phoenixes, which cost much more than one SMFC, do not even come close to popping a BFB. For their price, they should be able to.
          "Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something" -Plato

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Restriction View Post
            As for Phoenix doing a lot of damage to MOABs, I agree that this is the strong point of the phoenix. Only because the phoenix is even worse at popping bloons. It has horrible range and targets similarly to a Spectre. Two phoenixes, which cost much more than one SMFC, do not even come close to popping a BFB. For their price, they should be able to.
            It moves around really fast and shoots at a rapid speed. 1 super monkey fan club won't be able to do it either. You need at least 4 dart monkeys and then they will be able. That makes it more expensive.
            I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

Comment

Originally posted by Ptolemy2002 View Post
              It moves around really fast and shoots at a rapid speed. 1 super monkey fan club won't be able to do it either. You need at least 4 dart monkeys and then they will be able. That makes it more expensive.
              2 0/4 lizards cost at least $14k and a fanclub with 4 darts doesn't come close to that.
              I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

I have a way of doing both at the same time. Don't ask me how because it is way too hard to explain.
                It should be hard to explain because it is completely impossible. Even if you were on Bloon Circles, your opponent never sent bloons, your opponent ice stalled for some reason, and you built the smallest possible defense the whole game, you probably wouldn't be able to get to 3000. And of course, the fact that you would be playing against a real opponent who rushes you and forces you to build more defenses would only make that worse. But hey, if you have a video clip of you getting to 5000 eco by round 24 in normal Assault/Battle Arena then I'll rest my case.
                If you take an upgrade for the bloonchipper and compare prices with the upgrade at the same location on the engineer, the engineer will usually be cheaper.
                That's not very good reasoning as the engineer's upgrades do not do the exact same thing as the bloonchipper's upgrades. Can a 4/0 engineer, for instance, destroy the outer layer of a ZOMG by itself? Can a 2/0 engineer consistently destroy the outer layer of nearly every ceramic bloon? Can a 0/4 engineer get all the way to round 100 with the recent blimp scaling update? Of course the bloonchipper is more expensive at certain upgrades. What we were talking about is the chipper's ability to defend R13 and R15. So in context, the 2/0 chipper should be the most comparable to the 4/0 engineer in terms of being able to defend in both cases. And while a couple of 2/0 chippers only need several 0/3 and 2/3 dart monkeys and a juggernaut to defend a zebra or ceramic rush except for all-outs, you'd need 3 4/0 engineers to consistently defend the same thing. That's a big price difference at the expense of the engineer.
                Either way it does the same amount of damage, so the support towers do the same too.
                Not exactly. Take a rainbow bloon, for instance. Imagine you put the reactor at the end of the map and it does 5 pops to every passing bloon. A 0/3 dart monkey is up ahead, where it pops three layers from the rainbow. That means the one rainbow is popped down to two zebras, two blacks and two whites, eight pinks. The reactor pops the rest into nothing. Now imagine you put the reactor at the beginning. The reactor pops it from rainbow to two zebras, two blacks and two whites, eight pinks, eight yellows, and eight greens. When it's the dart monkey's turn, it can't pop all the bloons because there are too many. And this doesn't seem like a big difference right now, but imagine multiplying this nearly 30 times over. The dart monkeys/chippers in front would have to do much less popping by stripping off the outer layers than by trying to clean up from the reactor's pops.
                It does a lot of damage to MOABS!!!
                Unless you can look at a sign for a lottery saying they have a $50 jackpot and you can honestly say "that's a lot of money," that's not true. Even 20 or so phoenix abilities just barely destroy one ZOMG. That's about $200,000. A 4/2 chipper with SMFC gets the job done and it costs only $23,000.

Comment

(I almost want to comment on how rude that was.)

Me too, this guy is way to arrogant. *hint* leave the forums like you're supposed to. Oh and i challenged you, check your posts naturespirit. I'm waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Me too, this guy is way to arrogant. *hint* leave the forums like you're supposed to. Oh and i challenged you, check your posts naturespirit. I'm waiting!
                    So someone who thinks you can get 5k eco by round 22 in classic assault isn't stupid? Ok.

Comment

Me too, this guy is way to arrogant. *hint* leave the forums like you're supposed to.
                      Alright, I will quit posting on this thread and the other one just like it. Before I go, I just want to say that I am no more arrogant than the other guy since he keeps answering back just as much as I am answering. Goodbye.

Comment

Alright, I will quit posting on this thread and the other one just like it. Before I go, I just want to say that I am no more arrogant than the other guy since he keeps answering back just as much as I am answering. Goodbye.
                        I think Phantom was referring to naturespirit when s/he called him/her arrogant... :/

Comment

I think Phantom was referring to naturespirit when s/he called him/her arrogant... :/
                          I'm a male, and I have no idea how Ptolemy could possibly think Phantom was calling him arrogant. I'm the one who said I could beat everyone on the forums with ease. While that's a bold statement, it's most likely true and I see no evidence to the contrary, regardless of me not being good at the game.

Comment

I'm a male, and I have no idea how Ptolemy could possibly think Phantom was calling him arrogant. I'm the one who said I could beat everyone on the forums with ease. While that's a bold statement, it's most likely true and I see no evidence to the contrary, regardless of me not being good at the game.
                            Yeah me neither. Ptolemy you are welcome to stay
                            How can you possibly think that you can beat everyone here easily, theres a lot of players on the forum. Some of them top leaderboard players, they don't do 'easy' games.
                            I went 8-0 on the boss arenas yesterday, beating guys with 91% and 82% winrate (number 6 on the ladder) both 2-0.

I'm not saying that i can beat everyone, but you are. That makes my trigger finger itch.

Also it's ok to be arrogant, but you don't have to be a cold b!tch to others here. We have a nice community.

Comment

Yeah me neither. Ptolemy you are welcome to stay
                              How can you possibly think that you can beat everyone here easily, theres a lot of players on the forum. Some of them top leaderboard players, they don't do 'easy' games.
                              I went 8-0 on the boss arenas yesterday, beating guys with 91% and 82% winrate (number 6 on the ladder) both 2-0.

I'm not saying that i can beat everyone, but you are. That makes my trigger finger itch.

Also it's ok to be arrogant, but you don't have to be a cold b!tch to others here. We have a nice community.
                              When I said forum users, I was referring to the people who regularly post here. Not everyone who has registered. Obviously I can't beat The Last Dart. Name someone who regularly posts here that is a top leaderboard player, and even if they were, most top leaderboard players suck. A few exceptions include Marwan. All you have to do to win a good badge? Just grind for a long time each day and be slightly above average. I know because I didn't grind a double gold badge until the last day and I got it.

Win rate means nothing! Marwan has a winrate of 23%, Toast had a win rate of 28%. I'm trying to sabotage my win rate right now so people underestimate me.

Maybe I wouldn't act like how you just described me if people here who have no idea what the crap they're saying, stopped acting like it. Just a few weeks ago I saw someone ask for advice about something, then someone who had no idea what they're talking about recommended something so stupid like wizards or something.

With all this in mind, I wouldn't consider it arrogant at all for anyone above average to say they could beat everyone who regularly posts on the forums.

Also, I still haven't seen you add my steam or pm me for my FB, didn't you say you were waiting?

Comment

When I said forum users, I was referring to the people who regularly post here. Not everyone who has registered. Obviously I can't beat The Last Dart. Name someone who regularly posts here that is a top leaderboard player, and even if they were, most top leaderboard players suck. A few exceptions include Marwan. All you have to do to win a good badge? Just grind for a long time each day and be slightly above average. I know because I didn't grind a double gold badge until the last day and I got it.

Win rate means nothing! Marwan has a winrate of 23%, Toast had a win rate of 28%. I'm trying to sabotage my win rate right now so people underestimate me.

Maybe I wouldn't act like how you just described me if people here who have no idea what the crap they're saying, stopped acting like it. Just a few weeks ago I saw someone ask for advice about something, then someone who had no idea what they're talking about recommended something so stupid like wizards or something.
                                I think you are judging me wrong. Here's why. The examples i gave in my last post were players with winrates above 80%, being in the top 10 of leaderboards proves a few things:
                                1. They play in the boss arena's. 2. they play ALOT. 3. They win 80% of those games. I understand how the leaderboard system works, no need to explain that. But there are in fact real good players there. Still it doens't mean everything, my winrate sucks cause i lost hundreds of games in my early months of learning the game. And still lose to some players that are better than me. That's why i challenged you in the first place, i never played against lategame chippers so i'll probably lose a few games untill i figure it out. At the end of the day losing makes me a better player cause you lost for a reason. I am currently practicing a strat that will counter yours

With all this in mind, I wouldn't consider it arrogant at all for anyone above average to say they could beat everyone who regularly posts on the forums.
                                Also, I still haven't seen you add my steam or pm me for my FB, didn't you say you were waiting?
                                I would. And i think you have some issues if you get mad at newbies trying to give advice. We've all been there? They're not doing any harm to others.
                                Yeah i was waiting, but i haven't contacted you yet because i got sick. Don't worry though i still want to fight you. Just give me 1 or 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X