Top 5 Most Overrated Towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
    You forgot to mention it's weak, has short range, and is expensive.
    It's not expensive, it just has some expensive upgrades. It's no more than as expensive as a super monkey, which people use a lot. If you have a lot of firebreaths you could kill some MOAB classes and if you have a summon phoenix you could beat it even more.

Don't make me change my profile picture from the bloonchipper to the monkey apprentice...
    I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

RIP Bloonchipper. You were a good tower

Comment

[QUOTE=The Mochinator;n60275]
      5000 eco? Dude, I'm not talking about Banana Megaboosts Play with Fire. I'm talking about normal assault games. You would have a hard time getting even 1.5 thousand eco by round 24, let alone FIVE thousand.
      I have played like a million game where people have done that. In fact, my BROTHER found out how to do that and taught me, so it is totally possible, and quite easy too.
      Originally posted by The Mochinator View Post
      4000 dollars is not inexpensive. I think you're still talking about PWF Bananza. In a normal game 4000 cash is a money drainer, especially if you're going eco instead of farms.
      Compared to most other towers it, is. Spike machines, Ninjas, and even bloonchippers are more expensive than an engineer.
      Yes...it...is. Why would it not be the purpose of buying the tower? If you only wanted to get rid of camo then just buy the 3/0 upgrade. 4/0 is purchased to destroy leads and grouped rushes. If you don't intend to do that then it's your loss, really.
      The point is, it's not for popping bloons specifically, but for weakening them. The reactor actually does a good job doing that.
      Trust me, I did not come even close to popping them all. I was even trying to place more and more 0/3 dart monkeys and juggernauts and I still lost. I don't even think 6 0/3 dart monkeys and 2 juggernauts all with energy would have defended them all. Note that the bloons were much more tightly grouped together than normal yellow bloon sends.
      That's because they are 0-3 and have a lot less range to deal with.
      I don't have BTD5 Mobile :/
      You need to get it.
      Still, the point is not which is a better solo tower against one specific rush. Bloonchipper, before round 22, is strictly a support tower. It's not meant to solo a whole ceramic, it's meant to strip away the lead or ceramic layer so the dart monkey can pop it.
      Like the reactor. you seem to have no trouble defending the bloonchipper for that purpose. Even though it is the best tower in the game, you just defended it for the same reason I am defending something else. Open your eyes and see what you just did there.
      Not to mention, the bloonchipper is much cheaper. At least bloonchipper will actually weaken regrow rushes in some (but not all) situations, while tornado wizards only cause them to multiply faster than a bunch of mutated rabbits and rush through your defenses faster than Usain Bolt on steroids while being chased by said mutated rabbits.
      Only the situations with like regrow pinks or yellows. The bloonchipper has the same weakness as the apprentice.
      I needed a new signature and profile picture because the bloonchipper is not in the game anymore. The new tower:

It’s a corrosive glue gunning layer stripping road spiking buff giving MOAB exploding transforming bloon shrinking tower dependent fairly cheap banana farm. It's... The Alchemist!

Comment

Originally posted by Ptolemy2002 View Post
        I have played like a million game where people have done that. In fact, my BROTHER found out how to do that and taught me, so it is totally possible, and quite easy too.
        If it's that easy to get 5000 eco by round 22 in a normal assault game, you're playing against noobs. No decently good player would ever allow you to be that greedy.
        Compared to most other towers it, is. Spike machines, Ninjas, and even bloonchippers are more expensive than an engineer.
        It's much easier to afford stuff like jugs and triple dart monkeys with farms. Also, a 2/0 bloonchipper is not more expensive than a bloon trap (lol).
        The point is, it's not for popping bloons specifically, but for weakening them. The reactor actually does a good job doing that.
        Ehh, I wouldn't say that. The reactor should be the last portion of your defense, the tower that pops bloons from the lower levels (yellows, greens, etc.) to nothing.
        That's because they are 0-3 and have a lot less range to deal with.
        Some extra range would not have done anything.
        You need to get it.
        But it costs money and I'm cheap :,(
        Like the reactor. you seem to have no trouble defending the bloonchipper for that purpose. Even though it is the best tower in the game, you just defended it for the same reason I am defending something else. Open your eyes and see what you just did there.

Only the situations with like regrow pinks or yellows. The bloonchipper has the same weakness as the apprentice.
        The bloonchipper is cheaper at its lower upgrades than the wizard. Its higher upgrades are actually good late game, unlike those of the wizard.
        My shameless advertising:

Comment

It's not expensive, it just has some expensive upgrades. It's no more than as expensive as a super monkey, which people use a lot. If you have a lot of firebreaths you could kill some MOAB classes and if you have a summon phoenix you could beat it even more.

Don't make me change my profile picture from the bloonchipper to the monkey apprentice...
          Lol it's not expensive. For a 2-3 wizard it costs 5,950. You'd think that after spending that much on a tower you'd get amazing popping power, instead you get nothing, it won't stop a massive RROD even with battle energy.

People use super monkey a lot, name one person who isn't stupid who uses super monkey in "classic" every game.
          (Type something here...............)

Comment

IIRC, to defend a R22 ZOMG on Battle Park you need at least 25 Phoenix abilities plus several tempest tornado wizards for ceramics. With that money you might as well buy a temple (doesn't mean you should).

Comment

IIRC, to defend a R22 ZOMG on Battle Park you need at least 25 Phoenix abilities plus several tempest tornado wizards for ceramics. With that money you might as well buy a temple (doesn't mean you should).
              Or for $28k you can defend as many ZOMGs as there are on the screen.

Comment

The fact that SM sucks until round 32+ is significant because it takes up a precious tower slot and will get you killed on round 22 or 24 against any decent player. Even if the decent player doesn't kill you, they will almost certainly have chipper which outclasses SM lategame for much less cost.

As for bloon traps, they once became popular on one-entrance maps such as Offside in MKOTH. However, the one bloon trap you can get up with good eco by r13 is usually overwhelmed by an all-in rush.
                "Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something" -Plato

Comment

Lol it's not expensive. For a 2-3 wizard it costs 5,950. You'd think that after spending that much on a tower you'd get amazing popping power, instead you get nothing, it won't stop a massive RROD even with battle energy.

People use super monkey a lot, name one person who isn't stupid who uses super monkey in "classic" every game.
                  Actually, I do.

Comment

Actually, I do.
                    I asked you to name someone who uses it who isn't stupid.

Comment

I think you can defend r22-24 with supermonkeys. You just need to keep the TT glitch in mind :S
                      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
                        I think you can defend r22-24 with supermonkeys. You just need to keep the TT glitch in mind :S
                        "Against a decent player" I've tested it and it can defend r24, but barely, and you have to do it perfectly, round 22 you do not have enough money to defend an all out.

Comment

If it's that easy to get 5000 eco by round 22 in a normal assault game, you're playing against noobs. No decently good player would ever allow you to be that greedy.
                          How are they gonna stop me?
                          It's much easier to afford stuff like jugs and triple dart monkeys with farms. Also, a 2/0 bloonchipper is not more expensive than a bloon trap (lol).
                          2-0 chippers aren't the only type of chippers.
                          Ehh, I wouldn't say that. The reactor should be the last portion of your defense, the tower that pops bloons from the lower levels (yellows, greens, etc.) to nothing.
                          Explain your reasoning in that statement. I don't see it.
                          Some extra range would not have done anything.
                          Not some, almost double.

The bloonchipper is cheaper at its lower upgrades than the wizard. Its higher upgrades are actually good late game, unlike those of the wizard.
                          Have you ever even used the phoenix?

Comment

I asked you to name someone who uses it who isn't stupid.

(I almost want to comment on how rude that was.)

Comment

How are they gonna stop me?
                              If you're sending a bunch of eco, that means you're not building your defenses. So they'll rush you and kill you.
                              2-0 chippers aren't the only type of chippers.
                              I know, but if you're defending R13 and R15, you'll be using 0/0 and 2/0 chippers. 4/2 is for late-ish game, like round 22.
                              Explain your reasoning in that statement. I don't see it.
                              The reactor is strictly a bloon-popping tower. It's best to clean up all the bloons after the support towers have shredded through everything else. With that being said, it is most effective to use the reactor to pop the bloons completely and thoroughly, instead of leaving remnants that other towers wouldn't pop as effectively.
                              Not some, almost double.
                              So? Those were tightly-grouped yellows that were rushing through. The extra range would have given me what, one extra shot from each dart monkey? Even though that's 3-5 extra shots (1 per monkey), it would have done nothing. I was there. You were not.
                              Have you ever even used the phoenix?
                              Yes, and that's how I know it sucks. Even a lot of them do barely any damage to MOAB-class bloons for a much higher price than what you could be spending on something that's actually good, like a SMFC or a 4/2 chipper.

Comment

Mochinator, it's not possible to get 5k eco by round 22 on any map in classic, not even if you do nothing but build eco 24/7 and build almost no defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X