#MakeDefenseModeGreatAgain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #MakeDefenseModeGreatAgain

So, assault mode gets a lot of awesome things like club challenges.

What does defense mode get? Nothing.

Instead it's left useless and with a broken tower.

The cobra is so op in defense mode.

I can get 1230 eco by the start of round 15 easy.

After that I can just spam bloon adjustment cobras.

No opponent has ever made it past round 20.

Please NK, add more content to defense mode and ban the cobras from it.

The cobra is not a fair tower in defense mode at all.

Edit: Whoops, posted it on the flash forum by accident.
    Admins please move it over to mobile.
    (Type something here...............)

Agreed, I like defend mode a lot too. Sadly enough I guess the cobra adjustment is just some kind of 'bug'. I don't really think they thought about it. I'm also quite disappointed that defend mode doesn't have any club arenas. I have some suggestions to make it cool though.

P.S. Your profile picture is bae.

Comment

Originally posted by KRooijackers View Post
      Agreed, I like defend mode a lot too. Sadly enough I guess the cobra adjustment is just some kind of 'bug'. I don't really think they thought about it. I'm also quite disappointed that defend mode doesn't have any club arenas. I have some suggestions to make it cool though.

P.S. Your profile picture is bae.
      Thanks for the compliment.

A card with the top of your card will prob be added soon to BTD Battles according to the leaks on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
        Edit: Whoops, posted it on the flash forum by accident.
        Admins please move it over to mobile.
        Done, though requesting this via a PM or report is more helpful than a post
        Hello, I'm one of the moderators of this forum and the official Discord, also known as Topper 64. Be awesome to each other!
        BTD5 stuff: DC archive
        BMC stuff: Encyclopædia | CT maps | Honour
        SAS4 stuff: Gun DPS | Armour | Prices | Gallery
        Disembodied and detached, a voice describes the scene

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post

Done, though requesting this via a PM or report is more helpful than a post
          Ok, I will request it via pm next time.

Thanks.

Comment

I agree too. And i like defense mode better than assault. Maybe because i'm noob at it or too used to defense and it's hard to change my game style.
            5 medallions isn't great prize too.

Comment

I've got suggestion for some arenas for defense mode.
              1. Well, just play it.
              2. "1000" - for normal eco players.
              2. "7000" - for good eco players.

So there would be a chance to run into long game time after time.

P.S. Interesting how many players plays defense? In assault their count is visible.

P.P.S. And separate ratio for defense and assault mode would be good. Because good attacking player doesn't mean good defender and vice versa.
              Last edited by SeniorSSS; 15-06-16, 08:00 AM.

Comment

The problem with Defend mode is simply the lack of eco (max eco) and the balance of towers. I know that long time Defend mode players might have a problem with a max eco raise and re-balancing of the cobra, but lets face it:

Defend mode was MEANT for late game (just my opinion though, lower your pitchforks folks defend players.). The reason hardly anyone plays it is because of how hard it is to initially build up your eco, and it's hard to counteract some towers without rushing (Such as the cobra, as the OP mentioned.)

The Simple solution would be to nerf the cobra in defend mode (making it so bloon impact doesn't stack, and giving only 2 lives every 3-5 rounds) and to raise to max eco.
                There's probably a better solution out there that someone can think of, but at the very least, the cobra needs a bit of a nerf in defend mode so that it isn't the next "must use tower" like the chipper was prior to the nerf.
                I couldn't be bothered to put anything good here, simply because pictures are broken at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by DerpsterTheRandy View Post
                  The problem with Defend mode is simply the lack of eco (max eco) and the balance of towers. I know that long time Defend mode players might have a problem with a max eco raise and re-balancing of the cobra, but lets face it:

Defend mode was MEANT for late game (just my opinion though, lower your pitchforks folks defend players.). The reason hardly anyone plays it is because of how hard it is to initially build up your eco, and it's hard to counteract some towers without rushing (Such as the cobra, as the OP mentioned.)

The Simple solution would be to nerf the cobra in defend mode (making it so bloon impact doesn't stack, and giving only 2 lives every 3-5 rounds) and to raise to max eco.
                  There's probably a better solution out there that someone can think of, but at the very least, the cobra needs a bit of a nerf in defend mode so that it isn't the next "must use tower" like the chipper was prior to the nerf.
                  Except it's super duper easy to build eco when the starting amount is $75, and that's the challenge of defend mode since you don't have to worry about round 13 rainbows and other stuff. Nobody plays defend mode because:

-They know every game of defend mode turns into an attempt to break the highest round record thanks to supavac stalling (it still can stall to unnecessarily high rounds in both modes).

-They're bad at the game and want assault-mode lategames.

I've never played against cobras in defend mode, but in assault mode if you can get $1230 eco by r18 you shouldn't have trouble with bloon adjustment thanks to jug spam, jitsu spam and other tower combos like sub/mortar + engie.
                  I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post

-They're bad at the game and want assault-mode lategames.
                    Cough Molt Cough

Comment

The sad thing about defense mode is that the only update it got in the past year was making it EASIER. And even though it got easier, I haven't seen Molt or Ov, the ones who complained about how hard it was, playing it. Is 75 starting income still too hard for them?

Anyway, I feel like the best way to make defensive mode fun would be to have a certain mode where you can play defensive mode only on hard, short maps. Or maybe have another mode where you are limited to 50 lives instead of 150. I think these two simple modes would make defense mode a much bigger challenge.
                      Why are you reading my signature?

Comment

I wish somehow to revive this topic, I am an active battle defensive player, who which currently, i am in a 'stand by' mode, because of the fact that this game mode actually don't get anything on the updates. ( at least compared to the assault mode who gets nerf/ buff towers offered on the tray from Ninja Kiwi, while defense mode players, struggled with only one single tower since the beginning ) I was offer suggestion for defense mode such as the nerf or remove of the Cobra tower, key gain, create new battles arenas, even club ones (such as speed, megaboost, bananza, or Random 3), Defense leadeboard, defense badges (new entry! ), more energy, increase or removal of eco limit. All that i've obtained was a Key gain modificated - you can actually get max 16 keys if you pass r 42 -, and after one major update and 2 minor ones, still unbalance (just like the mode itself) because Ninja Kiwi, i think they never thought that there are players who can actually pass r 42 or 50, or 100 or even further, and all of this is because the grass from the "other side" is greener, because is fertilized with #### like "who plays defense in 2020" , or "defense sucks", "defend is not popular", "only noobs play defense " etc. If there are pros and competitive players who are not playing this mode this DOES NOT MEANS that there does not exist players who actually plays this mode. If there are pros and competitive ones on assault mode, this doesn't means that defense doesn't have his pro players also, and its just because there is NO INGAME option!
                        Same for the Cards mode as well!

I somehow like to think that the defense mode was raised to another level, where there are players who can play, and start the game with any tower they want, exept Village of course, even supermonkey start tower without loosing life, they, can micro,and can play any known strategy, just like "a mirror" from assault mode, go late game further the r 115, or reach r 105 only with 75$ eco start, and crushed records of fast changing eco, but if there are no posts on YouTube or doesn't make noise about it, that doesn't mean that they don't do exist!

I really want to know if there are more active strictly defense mode game players around this forum, and gather all in a small community (I know is small! but this doesn't mean that we actually doesn't exist!!)

https://discord.gg/gBYc9u

Last edited by Cornelia; 14-04-20, 01:19 AM.

Comment

I don't play Defense Mode but I feel your pain. In fact, I think the solution to this game is giving Defense Mode more love.
                          The game now is purely focussed on grinding and rushing, it has nothing to do with the tower defense concept anymore.

For me Defense Mode in it's current form is too boring but if they develop (which they won't) Defense Mode On Steroids I'll switch immediately

Comment

Originally posted by RoelJanssens View Post

For me Defense Mode in it's current form is too boring but if they develop (which they won't) Defense Mode On Steroids I'll switch immediately
                            I dont like this negative point of view they maybe will at some point, but glad to have you on our side, come from time to time we have cookies!!! this game fair play should be encouraged of all sort of game modes type players! Not the one who is encouraged at this point, when assault is more popular and deserve more focus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoelJanssens View Post
                              The game now is purely focussed on grinding and rushing, it has nothing to do with the tower defense concept anymore.
                              Concept of tower defense is literally placing towers to destroy enemies. In BTD Battles you still place towers to destroy enemies, including ones sent from the opponent. You could say people win because they defended better than their opponent, let alone abusing the "Grouped Rainbows - $550 Press To Send To Your Opponent" button.

BTD Battles only has some ideas that set it far apart from other TDs, but it still is a Tower Defense game in its core gameplay. If it's not a TD, then what it is?

Comment

Working...
                              X