X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btd Battles Update 3.9 Discussion Thread

Patch Notes

Version 3.9

Developer's Note: In addition to the brand new Power Cards, this update is a three-pronged approach to address some of the issues letting games between very skilled players to always run to late game. New, faster maps in Zen Garden and updated Hot Tub, a new way to rush opponents on round 24, and a nerf to 3 of the upgrades that are most popular and powerful for their cash cost (see Monkey Changes below). In order to address questions and feedback about new features and balance changes, we've added more explanatory notes in hopes that the context is helpful. Happy to hear your feedback on the updates, and on the context we provide.

New Features

Power Cards - This brand new card type can be played for an instant effect that can turn the tide of any game, from wiping out a rush to destroying a tower! New power Cards can be unlocked for free as Card of the Week so get popping! These were always planned as part of the Card Battles system and provide additional tactical options for early game offense and defense.
    New short cooldown ZOMG send at round 24, primarily to help players finish games in the mid 20s rounds if they don't want to go late game.

Map Changes

New Zen Garden Map, an awesome short map that some players may recognize, in an effort to give high level competitive players another challenging short map to fight over.
    Hot Tub map updated to match flash version; this was not meant to be a lengthened version, so this has been corrected, and we appreciate the feedback on this map.
    Map availability: we are trialing some changes with maps available in certain arenas, with a general tendency to include longer maps in smaller buy in arenas and shorter maps in the upper end arenas; this is in response to player feedback, so please let us know your reaction to the maps available (or not available) in your favorite arenas.

Bug Fixes

Banana Farm bank income is now doubled by Bananza.
    Players should no longer occasionally get into different maps from private matches.
    Fixed occasional crash in Card Battle Mega Boost games.
    Tapping the player card in a Card Battle lobby will no longer ask to reset the deck.

Monkey Changes

Dart Monkey: Triple Darts cost increased to 400 (from 380)

Monkey Ace: Ground Zero cost increased to 16000 (from 14000)

Ninja Monkey: Sabotage Supply Lines cost increased to 5000 (from 4000)

Sniper Monkey: Full Metal Jacket cost decreased to 300 (from 350)
    Sniper Monkey: Faster Firing cost decreased to 350 (from 400)
    Sniper Monkey: Point Five Oh cost decreased to 1800 (from 2000)
    Sniper Monkey: Deadly Precision cost decreased to 3500 (from 4000)
    Sniper Monkey: Semi Automatic Rifle cost decreased to 2400 (from 2750)
    Sniper Monkey: Cripple MOAB cost decreased to 5500 (from 7000)
    Sniper Monkey: Supply Drop cost decreased to 7000 (from 8000)

Monkey Apprentice: Dragon's Breath cost decreased to 3200 (from 3600)
    Monkey Apprentice: Summon Phoenix cost decreased to 4000 (from 5000)

Bloonchipper: Supa-Vac cost increased to 13000 (from 11000)

Mortar Tower: Signal Flare cost decreased to 550 (from 700)

Monkey Village: Radar Scanner cost decreased to 1750 (from 2000)
    Monkey Village: Base cost decreased to 1500 (from 1600)

My general thoughts on the update: They've added in a new bloon send, and ironically, they made it very much harder to defend. Farms were a goto, but now it seems you could be the using farm and an unorthodox 4th that isn't chipper or ace, but still if you don't have either of those you won't be able to defend FCs, in a nutshell, your aim should be a definite farm advantage over pressure that shouldnt need to be exerted.

Good job making dart, farm, chipper even more meta nk :P

Since Hot Tub/Volcano got fixed, is Mondrian going to get fixed too?

Nobody will send fc ZOMGs on r24. At that time you can only send 1 or 2 which makes it as hard to defend as your average r22 rush or if you go all-in you'll die to a counterush.

Rip dart, ninja, ace ;(

Those sniper buffs tho Mabye someone can do cannon, mortar, sniper?

LIzard buffs don't do anything. The flame attacks are like a 0/0 super which sucks vs grouped bloons. A better buff would've been to have the flames inflict burny stuff imo.

Mortar doesn't need to be cheaper, the explosion radius needs to be bigger. Why does the 3/0 mortar (not the 2/0) get a huge explosion on mobile? Village buff is interesting but the towers that need it the most are almost irrelevant in mobile. If only there was some sort of bloon send to make towers like tack, bomb or glue more relevant...

They planned future updates with more competitive stuff so I'm waiting for those instead. This is basically an emergency update.
    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Ninjakiwi! I like the update for the most part but I need to have some words with you.

Un-nerf ground zero immediatly! How the heck can bloon eco players defend FC ZOMGs or r22 for that matter now? It costs $2k more and you lose $400 more per use. That's a lot of money for bloon eco players!

Un-nerf it! Nerfing it doesn't affect farm players at all but it makes bloon eco pretty much impossible now. Un-nerf it immediatly!
      (Type something here...............)

Comment

Ok, great ninja kiwi, all of this update looks great and amazing things we've been needing for a while. Except for one thing, why the heck did you nerf ground zero?

There's literally no reason to nerf it and it doesn't make farming more difficult at all. You get so much money from farms that $2k won't make a difference.

What you've done instead is killed bloon eco players. How can bloon eco players defend round 22 or round 24 rushes on maps without water now? That's right, they can't.

This is due to the fact that ground zero now costs $2k more and costs $400 more per use now. This is unacceptable, bloon eco is dead now and it's your fault NK. Un-nerf ground zero now!

Comment

Oh look, another great update! *sarcasm*

So wait... now the Mobile community is AGREEING with Flash?! That's GOOD!
          What's next, update BMC to make the boss blimps faster in later boss levels (specifically 30+)?

Power Cards Mostly good, the kidnap card needs a nerf imo, especially if it can take away a temple. :P
          FC ZOMG sends So-so, you can only send a couple by round 24. Though I more or less see it used for a round 30 rush, as blimps have double health by then.

Zen Garden Good, let's get some short maps for a change.
          Hot Tub change Good, now with it being 18 RBS it makes it one of the more tougher maps as well.
          Map availability change for arenas Good

Triple Darts nerf Meh

Ground Zero nerf Bad, increase the damage of the ability or revert the cost.

Sabotage Supply Lines nerf Good

Sniper Monkey buffs Decent, would like to try some new strats now. Too bad the veteran card hasn't gotten a price change.

Monkey Apprentice buffs So-so

Supa-Vac nerf Awful, as if the upgrade wasn't UP enough, revert the cost back to 10k. Time to pwn some more chipper stallers.
          iiv

Signal Flare buff Good

Monkey Village buffs So-so

Not being able to see the unlock round on cards making it more of a guess work. Disapprove
          Now you are able to see your w/l, but your opponent still shows the win %. Disappointment, why not just have the option to choose one or the other and to see your opponent's battlescore?

Probably wasn't intended, but now it has gotten even harder for me to find matches, and Internet is not the issue - this guy had it too. Even in LEAD DUNGEON (which has usually 10x more players than Ceramic Crucible) I have problems and have to refresh the battle rooms to play most of my games, resulting in taking as much as a couple minutes just to find somebody. And to add onto that, I end up getting disconnected on the first game I play every time I open the app. It's frustrating.

Overall I'm giving this update a 4/10.
          Last edited by Junior Monkey; 13-09-16, 03:01 AM.
          Originally posted by Trump Monkey
          Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

3/1 spac, bloon trap and maelstrom are redundant. I would cut one of them :/

Comment

Blade maelstrom. Maelstrom the bloody MOABs before Kevin comes back and roasts you again :P

But seriously yeah trip dart, sabo and gz nerfs were bad

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
                Blade maelstrom. Maelstrom the bloody MOABs before Kevin comes back and roasts you again :P

But seriously yeah trip dart, sabo and gz nerfs were bad
                Kevin roasted me? You sure about that? The only sensible thing he said was tack mortar and cannon which could actually work if mortar was buffed.

Maelstrom? Yeah I don't see how that's going to help vs FC ZOMGs or regular ZOMGs for that matter, it can barely defend ZOMGs if you're a micro god, but FC ZOMGs? No hope at all.

Also this is about bloon eco, not farms, there's not a very cost-effective way for bloon eco players to kill ZOMGs on non water maps anymore.

Comment

I agree and support.
                  Linkin Park is one of the best bands of the century..no..one of the best bands of human history..fanboy and proud (RIP Chester Bennington).
                  Maybe NK can release the Rancor Sadeye in 2025 #OneLastTime Logan style?
                  President Trump 2016-2021. Let's hope he doesn't start WW3. If he does RIP SAS5.
                  "Stealing isn't a crime if you're on welfare" - Sublight the Wise

Comment

I don't know why but I feel like this forum is full of scrubs.
                    You feel like the Ground Zero was balanced?? Look at the tournament.

The biggest reason why people survived the Ray Of Doom rushes was because of the GZ. You can INSTA KILL moabs and the bloons inside of it. That's ridiculous. You can't tell me you haven't defended a crazy ZOMG rush in Card Battles without the Ground Zero. You can of course, just to back up your argument... which is probably what you're going to do.

YOU THINK BLOON ECO IS DEAD BECAUSE OF THIS? Are you SERIOUS?
                    "What you've done instead is killed bloon eco players. How can bloon eco players defend round 22 or round 24 rushes on maps without water now? That's right, they can't."
                    Yeah, you can. And it's pretty easy. Assuming R22/R24 rushes are BFBs, use the Laser Cannon to pop literally all of the BFB layers at once, then GZ the rest. Don't give me a petty excuse that the mesely price difference will prohibit you from doing so.
                    ZOMG rushes should be the same as well. Fanclub, Robo Monkey or ROD the ZOMG laser, deal with the bfbs and GZ the moabs.

You guys ALSO complain about the Dart and Sabo nerfs which were neccesary. One of the main NK outbreak crisis whatever arguments were that the meta was really stale. The Triple Darts, Sabo, Ray Of Doom, and Ground Zero are LITERALLY in any Card Battles deck. Why? Because they're all overpowered as ****. Now you're gonna complain because they got a slight price change?

By the way BTD Battles Scrub , Maelstroms don't do anything to moabs unless they're like 1/4 HP.

rant over bye I just dislike all the stale threads on this forum. I'll probably go hang out at Reddit

Comment

I agree with Real Pessimist that the Triple Darts and Sabo nerfs were necessary. In fact I'll get my thread up soon of all the things I would like to see next time there is an update.
                      Also, bloon eco is still viable, so no complaints there.

Until then, I hate to break it but I'll leave Battles Mobile in the dust too very soon. It's getting as bad as SAS 4 Flash for Pete's sake.

I will at least say this, the Supa-Vac and GZ nerfs were indeed unnecessary.
                      Last edited by Junior Monkey; 01-09-16, 03:36 AM.
                      Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Pessimist View Post
                        I don't know why but I feel like this forum is full of scrubs.
                        You feel like the Ground Zero was balanced?? Look at the tournament.

The biggest reason why people survived the Ray Of Doom rushes was because of the GZ. You can INSTA KILL moabs and the bloons inside of it. That's ridiculous. You can't tell me you haven't defended a crazy ZOMG rush in Card Battles without the Ground Zero. You can of course, just to back up your argument... which is probably what you're going to do.

YOU THINK BLOON ECO IS DEAD BECAUSE OF THIS? Are you SERIOUS?
                        "What you've done instead is killed bloon eco players. How can bloon eco players defend round 22 or round 24 rushes on maps without water now? That's right, they can't."
                        Yeah, you can. And it's pretty easy. Assuming R22/R24 rushes are BFBs, use the Laser Cannon to pop literally all of the BFB layers at once, then GZ the rest. Don't give me a petty excuse that the mesely price difference will prohibit you from doing so.
                        ZOMG rushes should be the same as well. Fanclub, Robo Monkey or ROD the ZOMG laser, deal with the bfbs and GZ the moabs.

You guys ALSO complain about the Dart and Sabo nerfs which were neccesary. One of the main NK outbreak crisis whatever arguments were that the meta was really stale. The Triple Darts, Sabo, Ray Of Doom, and Ground Zero are LITERALLY in any Card Battles deck. Why? Because they're all overpowered as ****. Now you're gonna complain because they got a slight price change?

By the way BTD Battles Scrub , Maelstroms don't do anything to moabs unless they're like 1/4 HP.

rant over bye I just dislike all the stale threads on this forum. I'll probably go hang out at Reddit
                        Lol people just think ground zero is op because SJB keeps whining about it, I'm starting to think that's the whole reason you insist it's op as well.

Lol people send BFBs at round 22-24? Must be a pretty stupid person then, because any half decent player would send ZOMGs. Also laser cannon? No one uses that tower in regular, oh wait, you're talking about card battles, my bad.

Yes bloon eco is dead, I challenge you to list an affordable way a bloon eco player can defend round 22-24 on all land maps without going super greedy early game.

Where in this did I complain about the dart monkey or sabo nerf? Are you illiterate? This thread purely only complains about the ground zero nerf killing bloon eco.

As for the "ground zero nerf" like I said, it doesn't affect farms at all since they always have all the money they need, when they want it. I've tested it and defended 6 FC ZOMGs on round 24 with ease, the ground zero nerf did nothing to farms. The only people who whine about ground zero are those who cry when their no skill rush gets defended,

Ground zero was never op and it still isn't, it was just the only way to defend FC ZOMGs without getting money drained very easily.

I just think it's funny how we're talking about FC ZOMGs but then you bring up card battles, you have to be kidding me.

Come back to this thread when you have a legit arguement, everything you said had nothing to do with the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
                          I agree with Real Pessimist that the Triple Darts and Sabo nerfs were necessary. In fact I'll get my thread up soon of all the things I would like to see next time there is an update.

Until then, I hate to break it but I'll leave Battles Mobile in the dust too. It's getting as bad as SAS 4 Flash for Pete's sake.
                          Read my post, what he said is fully ignorant, false, and has nothing to do with anything on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbo349 View Post
                            Hot Tub map updated to match flash version; this was not meant to be a lengthened version, so this has been corrected, and we appreciate the feedback on this map.
                            I never knew that Volcano was called Hot Tub in BTDBM, wow.
                            Current Avatar: Riddel (Chrono Cross)

The grandest way to protest the unjust is to insist on being punished by the unjust.
                            ||
                            |

Comment

Maybe it's a bit too early to make the call, but I think somehow the 3.9 update is worse than the 3.8 update.

I'll talk about the nerfs first (and some buffs I'd like to see):
                              First off, you shouldn't nerf a tower just because it is overused. This reminds me of the "Force a Strategy, then Nerf a Strategy" thread from the archives.
                              Yes, I think most of the nerfs are pointless, like the Ground Zero and the Supa-Vac.

First the Supa-Vac: Surprisingly I have beaten a few chipper stallers, and I've noticed how UP the ability is for BFBs and ZOMGs not only because the suck time is lowered but can only suck them ONE time, until they pop in which case they get one more suck. You can still suck MOABs indefinitely, but I don't think that's a valid reason to bump the price up. Revert the price back to 10k, where it was more balanced.

Next, the Ground Zero: Really? Did this have to happen? Yeah, the card price got buffed, but it shouldn't happen in normal games too. I thought the price was more reasonable back then, but I guess not. I'm thinking about either reverting the cost back to 14k, or increasing the nuke damage to 500 (I think it is at 350 now).

What happened to seeing the round that the bloon send unlocks on? This wasn't mentioned anywhere in the patch notes, but I distinctly remember the unlock round being visible on the top of the card but it's not there anymore.

When I heard about FC ZOMGs, I thought they'd be just for Card Battles with the ToTMG and Ray of Doom, like SJB2 correctly said. While putting it on normal games is good I would still like to see the FC ZOMGs in Card Battles as endgame rushes as I think the Temple card is UP as of now. Making the ZOMGs Fast Cooldown would solve this problem.

And some nerfs that I'd like to see:
                              Absolute Zero: I feel that this tower is a bit too OP for its price. For one it slows down blimps to half speed, much like sabotage supply lines but it only cuts through 2 layers (so if it is used on a ZOMG, the slowdown is in effect until the BFBs pop to MOABs). I suggest it to be around $3000-$4000.

3/1 Spike Factory Card: Yes, this card has recieved a nerf, but to me I think it was like the tip of the iceberg. I think a price increase would be good for the bloon send. If you do the math, the bloon send cost in card battles when compared to a normal game is 55%. Not only that, but they are OP as heck which is seriously stretching it. So maybe a $3000 price tag'll do.

The weekly leaderboards: The Mobile community is losing money... slowly and steadily. Why? Because of the inflation in medallions! That's right, at least 341.79 MILLION medallions (Yep, I did the math) are being pumped into the system EACH WEEK (that being from the global leaderboard alone)! Why are so many people able to get so many medallions? Here's my suggestion for this fix.

Now go ahead, call this a rant or simply oppose my points, as even making this thread put me in a foul mood.

Comment

Working...
                              X