• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egogoyo
    started a topic mobile-BTD Battles - Bug Report Thread

mobile-BTD Battles - Bug Report Thread

READ BEFORE POSTING
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help us find and fix bugs you experience in BTD Battles. Use this thread to report those bugs to make it easier for us to collect them all.

Read this whole post and try to make sure you're not repeating a bug.
    Explain as much as you can/find relevant. Saying "boomers were acting weird," or "the game stopped" isn't as helpful as you might think.
    Please use the following formatting when submitting a bug report.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: When you experienced the bug, if it's on-going etc
    Bug: A name, or brief description of the bug so that others can see what's been reported more easily
    Bug Report: Explanation of what happened. Provide clear and simple explanation
    How to Replicate: If possible, provide steps to recreate the bug

Formatting with BB Code to Copy & Paste:
    [B]Date:[/B]

[B]Bug:[/B]
    [B]Bug Report:[/B]

[B]How to Replicate:[/B]

NOTE: In BTD Battles, what you see on your opponent's screen is not exactly what is happening on their game. Your game is playing it out to recreate it based on the towers/upgrades/placement they have. This can cause discrepancies, especially if your or their game slows down ("lag", frame drops etc.) This may make it seem like they leak bloons but don't lose lives, or start losing lives without leaking bloons.

We are making changes to reduce the discrepancies this can cause.

Missing towers, upgrades, Battle Energy or Battle Score?
    Please email [email protected] and tell us your NK username.

REPORTED BUGS

Needs to be updated....

Do not discuss bugs in this thread. This is for bug reports only.
    Posts will be deleted to keep the thread tidy.

• ArtificialPeace
    commented on 's reply
    Cobra? Attrition takes 2 lives.

• phiberoptix
    replied
    Date: Today (8/8/2019 and for the last few weeks)
    Bug: Lose health without bloons getting through
    Bug Report: There is a bug where I will start losing 2 health every ~10 seconds or so after an initial bloon gets through
    How to Replicate: From what I can tell this happens after a bloon gets through, I want to say if one camo bloon gets through it will start the effect

Leave a comment:

• DShifter
    replied
    Date: Aug. 1, 2019
    Bug: Replay-Disconnect Bug
    Bug Report: If one player disconnects and reconnects from the game, the replay of said game is bugged from that point until one player wins. Here's the match replay where the bug occurs. https://battles.tv/watch/SOHWOAF It occurs at 6:48 on round 22, bug ends when "Player" loses, however the round nor the timer doesn't update. After the other player disconnects, bloons don't travel along the map, but eco/money still update, sent bloons still appear, as well as towers are still being placed. My gatling guns still follow my finger in the replay, oddly enough.
    How to Replicate: I'm not entirely sure how to replicate it, my best guess is to have one person disconnect and reconnect to the match, then review the replay of that match.
    P.S. I hope this wasn't too confusing. I don't know if this bug appears on other platforms of BTD Battles, but it sure does appear on mobile. The replay-disconnect bug appeared each of the 3 times I looked over the replay, so if it doesn't appear for anyone else, idk what caused it.

Leave a comment:

• x1134x
    replied
    Date: past few days since getting power lock, last happened yesterday.
    Bug: opponents can place/use lightning bolt during the time I've power locked them.
    Bug Report: I rush and hit power lock, then while their screen is blued for powerlock they put down working lightning bolts, then laugh/smile emoji.
    How to rep: maybe they have the bolt on hover over the board when I send powerlock and can still drop it that way after powerlock hits, so they play with bolt hovering a lot, or something. It happens at 1:00 in this replay: battles.tv/watch/SLADAFA and at 1:08 in this one: battles.tv/watch/SYAUWLG
    Last edited by x1134x; 31-07-19, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    replied
    Date:July 12 2019 8:15

bug: when you use monkey steal it crashes

bug report: for btd battles cards match, tournament or a regular game if you use the kidnap card the entire game crashes. I reviewed the tournament game and it made us both have a simultaneous defeat.

How to replicate: In cards any match just use the kidnap card

i Tried adding a screen recording but it’s not letting me attach it. It’s only 7 seconds though
    Last edited by Galaxy; 13-07-19, 02:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArtificialPeace
    replied
    Date: Ongoing
    Bug: Can't view replays for followed players

Bug report: I follow certain players, especially if they give me a good game. The problem is, once I've followed them, I am unable to view their replays in BattleTV. This has actually been a problem for a few months now. I can however search for them by name and locate the replays.

How to replicate: Play a game. Select follow once you've won. Go to Battle TV and select the "followed" radio button. Nothing comes up.

Leave a comment:

• Alaliiah
    replied
    Date: Ongoing
    Bug: Can't purchase new powers

Bug report: Every time I try and purchase a power, it says "Sorry, this feature is currently unavailable." My friend who is new to the game can get them just fine though. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still wouldn't let me. I have more than enough exp, and I would like to be able to try out new ones. Anyone know what's happening?

How to replicate: For me, just try and get a new power, but for others that I see it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• Anyar
    replied
    Lag discrepancies are annoying and happen *way* too often, but they've been going on for so long I doubt a tiny post will change anything.

Anyway, there's another bug.
    Date: Recently

Bug: Technological Terror / First Strike Capability / M.O.A.B. Assassin not destroying blimps
    Bug Report: Sometimes, when I use the abilities mentioned above, they do absolutely nothing. Say there's a ZOMG on r44; I use First Strike Capability, my ability's on cooldown, yet it's not even hurt. Normally the ZOMG would be gone at this point, nuked into nothing, but sometimes it's not even affected. Same goes for Tech Terror + Assassin; I can use 20 of them in a row and nothing even changes.

How to Replicate: This seems to happen when I'm lagging hard (NOT due to wifi but rather due to system resources being hogged, i.e. when my phone's framerate is in the single digits). This is when I have to mash the ability button so it'll register. Most other abilities work fine (e.g. Boomerang ability makes it go fast, Mortar ability stops + nukes everything), but with the abilities I mentioned, they seem to miss their target.

I've only tested this with blimps, since I usually only lag when there's a million blimps flying around.

Leave a comment:

• RoelJanssens
    replied
    Do the servers have bugs too? Yesterday there were a gazillion disconnects 😐

The Windows 10 app has an annoying bug. When you type text in the clan chat each word is followed by two spaces instead of one.

Leave a comment:

• DestinyTakesVaccines
    replied
    A bug of BTD Battles mobile: When tapping the sell button on a tower, it does not sell, it takes multiple taps to sell. This may not seem like much, but it has killed me multiple times during intense micro sessions.

Leave a comment:

• TheMajorTechie
    replied
    There's this recurring glitch in the Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) version of BTD Battles, where occasionally if your wallpaper is set to a slideshow, upon changing wallpapers the game will lag heavily for a couple seconds. It seems like something that'd just be a minor annoyance, but once the lag is gone, it's not impossible to interact with the game in any way besides force-closing it with the X in the upper right-hand corner. This forces you to lose whatever match you're playing, all because your wallpaper decided that it was a nice time to change.
    Last edited by TheMajorTechie; 29-12-18, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DestructivForce
    replied
    Date: Today (11/2/18), but it has existed in pretty much all previous versions of the game

Bug: if someone quits the second they die, the other person will not be given a win, and they have to close out the app, or face an eternal "waiting for opponent to reconnect, syncing" message

Replication: one of the players quits at the exact time they die. Due to the specific situation, it does not happen often, but is annoying and unavoidable if it happens to you.

My guess of why it happens (in case this helps, else ignore this): one of two things:
    -the game simply glitches out if you do this
    OR
    -the server might think the game has ended, causing it to no longer try to tell the player experiencing the glitch that they have won. That player's game is waiting for an answer from the server to see if the opponent has reconnected, but because the server no longer thinks that game exists, it does not respond.

I might be terribly wrong, since my area of expertise does not involve servers and multi-device communication.

Pictures:

Url of picture in case the forums haven't had pictures fixed since last time I went inactive:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Battles tv link in case it is useful (also shows that the server might think the game is over):
    battles.tv/watch/AVPKTME

Leave a comment:

• RogueArnold
    replied
    Date: Since 6.0 update

Bug: Mega Boost not working properly

Bug Report: When I boost towers with Mega Boost set the towers do not upgrade. Nothing seems to happen.

Replication: When I play with a friend in custom mode only the player who created the match will have boost work and upgrade the towers. The player who joins the match will boost and nothing happens. We switched and had other player create match and they are now able to boost but now other player who joins will boost and nothing happens.

Leave a comment:

• Jestress
    replied
    Hi,

since a day or two my collected keys from won battles are not added to my total in the clan overview. Anyone know what’s up with that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X