X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloons TD Battles Update 6.7 - Patch Notes

It's update time again, Ninjas! Here's what's new in 6.7:

What's New
    • Yaar mateys! Welcome to another exciting update for BTD Battles! This time we're going searching for booty on a brand new map: Treasure Hunt. This watery map is the perfect place to plunder your opponents with your Buccaneers!
    • New Club game mode - 1 life! In this Club room, both players will start with a single life, so the first one to leak loses!
    • New Clan rank added: Co-Leader. Co-Leaders can kick/promote/demote members and officers, recruit/accept players, and are able to change the Clan Settings. They can also promote new Co-leaders, but not demote.

Balance Changes
    • Copy Eco - Reduced to 2 uses. Reduced from $700 to $600.
    • Super Eco Boost - Improved to 3 uses.
    • Eco Choke - Reduced to 2 uses.
    • Eco Nerf - Reduce duration to 12s
    • Power Lock - Reduced to 2 uses
    • Tower Blindness - Reduced duration to 12s
    • Super Bloon Boost - Speed buff reduced to 50% from 60%
    • Price Gouge - Duration reduced from 20s to 15s
    • Engineer - Bloon Trap reduced $2 RBE to $1.8 RBE, $1 for bloon trap capture. $0.8 for manual collection (instead of $1)
    • Team Tower Stun - Allow stunned towers to be sold (similar to Knock Out)
    • Glue Gunner - Fixed an issue where the Glue Gunner was slowing down MOABs by 50% instead of the 33% that was intended. It now correctly slows MOABs by 33%.

As always, your feedback is welcome and happy gaming!
    Last edited by Sam; 30-06-20, 02:12 PM.

Finally the deserved Super Eco Boost to 3 uses, that is good for Defense mode, when you also improve this game mode with arenas???

This mode is deficient in the number of arenas, why everything for assault as always?
    Well, you have worked and made so much effort to add another arena in addition to the many others to the assault mode, and to the defense mode not even an extra one or at least to have done so, in such a way, that it is the 1st life arena to be added as well to the Defense as well, why don't you guys think to double?

Last edited by Cornelia; 30-06-20, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Copy Eco: A completely unnecessary change. It was useless before, now it's even worse. This needs to be buffed, not nerfed, although having only two uses is still fine. Increasing the cap to $1000 would make it at least decent.
      Super Eco Boost: Glad the nerf to this was undone, now it actually has some uses.
      Eco Nerf/Choke: I don't see there being a reason for these to be nerfed. They had their niches before, now they might not be viable.
      Power Lock: Good change. Having it at 3 uses was rather annoying.
      Tower Blindness: Good, although I still feel like this could use a slight rework to make it more balanced - make the projectiles they throw disappear at the same time that they normally would. If possible, adding some target variance too could work.
      Super Bloon Boost and Price Gouge: Good
      Team Tower Stun (and Knockout by extension): I still think you shouldn't be able to sell stunned towers, but make it so new towers that are placed don't automatically start out being stunned (with exceptions on towers that don't have an attack). Knockout is a completely worthless power ever since this change was added, and it needs to have the sell freeze back.
      Bloon Trap: I like the change, although the nerf is minimal and ninja eng will still be meta. If the auto collection was based off of something else like the bloon rank and then RBE is added for the manual collection then it'll be enough to knock it out of meta.
      Glue Gunner: Was not actually nerfed at all, in fact it was buffed. It now slows down MOAB-class to 33% speed instead of by 33%.

Overall balance update: 3.5/10
      Pretty lousy considering the core elements weren't addressed properly.
      Last edited by Junior Monkey; 30-06-20, 08:45 PM.
      Originally posted by Trump Monkey
      Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

It's good to see Super Eco Boost back to 3 uses. It made more sense to use Improved Eco Boost unless I wanted to conserve my energy.

Copy Eco is about right now IMO. If anything, I think Copy Eco should be removed entirely, but this is not a bad compromise. If your opponent farms and copies your eco, you're already at a pretty significant disadvantage. It's the same if they spam cobras and copy your eco. At least now you have to be more careful when you copy eco.

I think the bonus tower should be free, or at least make re-spins cheaper (1 energy instead of 3). A random tower in a competitive game makes no sense.

Comment

Bad update, not that it surprises me at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Monkey View Post
          Copy Eco: A completely unnecessary change. It was useless before, now it's even worse. This needs to be buffed, not nerfed, although having only two uses is still fine. Increasing the cap to $1000 would make it at least decent.
          The problem with copy eco was that it was basically an auto-win against opponents without farms (provided that you had the farm). It most likely sucks in bananza gamemodes, but in normal gamemodes it's overpowered unless you face against a passive farm user. Copy Eco is/was overpowered and underpowered at the same time, so instead of a nerf/buff there should be a rework.

Super Eco Boost: Glad the nerf to this was undone, now it actually has some uses.
          Honestly a better idea would be to keep it at 2 uses, but make it give 12xRound income instead of 10xRound. That way it would be on par with improved eco boost, giving a reason to use either power instead of just using super eco boost.

Eco Nerf/Choke: I don't see there being a reason for these to be nerfed. They had their niches before, now they might not be viable.
          I agree with eco nerf, but eco choke was literally the meta in top arenas, it made you 1500$ behind your opponent in farming, plus it hosed the heli/wizard/boomerang as starting towers. It definitely deserved a nerf.

Bloon trap should perhaps not give money when it traps sent bloons, but still give money for natural bloons, that way eco strats can still be somewhat viable instead of straight up being slaughterhoused against engineer users.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordiness View Post
            Bad update, not that it surprises me at this point.
            Why is it bad exactly? Honestly it's a decent update compared to previous ones. And it tried to put a scratch against the NFE meta, so that's something.

Comment

• Lordiness
              Lordiness commented
              Editing a comment
              The update didn't scratch NFE in the slightest. A 10% nerf won't do anything to Engi. NK buffed SEB which is literally the only eco power that we're going to see being used this update. The SEB buff just promotes NFE players to play with a more aggressive playstyle, and noting that most sabo powers that could put a stop to it's over aggression have been nerfed, there's really no way the meta is going to wither. NK is mindlessly buffing and nerfing powers based on what trash players say in the BTD Battles channel. They unintentionally buffed the meta AGAIN by not stopping and thinking about how buffing these powers would affect Engi in the long run. On top of that, they added another water map which is last thing I want to see in this update. I can at least give them credit on the design, it has thought put into it unlike Pinball Wizard and Shapes. The main reason I'm still even around is to poke fun at these updates.

Another missed opportunity :/

Copy eco nerf isn’t enough. Still unfairly hoses eco and mixed strats. Also no changes to R2G and eco amp. Eco choke finally had it coming so it’s not a 0/10 update.

Power lock getting another nerf instead of being reverted to 12s (or just kept as it was) tells me nk only now listens to those who don’t know how to play without powers just like with the last update. Yep, another SBB nerf and another wave of sabo power nerfs without touching damage boost or any of the track powers.

TTS finally gets inherent counterplay like KO. One of the few good changes along with the eco choke nerf.

The fact that bloon trap was always giving $2/RBE instead of $1 (this change won’t solve anything) was going to doom eco/mixed strats the day someone else besides liminx88 or Mr. B uses ninja engie. Please just “correct” it to $1/RBE this isn’t BMC.

Glue correction should put it in line with the other stalls but bloon liquefier soaking through moab layers is a problem in cards.

Underlying issues are still not resolved. Wired funds cobras are now equally as efficient as 0/0 farms which shouldn’t happen because farms cant shoot.

We need another 4.1. An overhaul hitting tower and track powers with a wave of bloon buffs.

Edit: also revert 0/0 farm and Heli
            Last edited by BTD Battles Scrub; 30-06-20, 03:22 PM.
            I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

• Lordiness
              Lordiness commented
              Editing a comment
              heli scumbag

Engineer is still broken? Bloons leak through without losing lives, it's a bug (no, not lag) and needs to be fixed.

Also, we need a clan role WITHOUT the ability to kick/promote people. We need it to highlight certain players for their efforts. For example a role called 'Good Grinder' for players who get lots of keys. Or a role called 'Super Hero' for the biggest amper.

And please, nerf (Bloon Adjustment from) Cobra ...
            Last edited by RoelJanssens; 30-06-20, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Glue Gunner - Fixed an issue where the Glue Gunner was slowing down MOABs by 50% instead of the 33% that was intended. It now correctly slows MOABs by 33%.

Hi Ninja Kiwi, I heard a rumour that in this update, Glue Gunner now slows MOABs by more than 50% unintentionally. Can the team please look into this bug and fix it as soon as possible?

Comment

Originally posted by thewarrior71 View Post
                Glue Gunner - Fixed an issue where the Glue Gunner was slowing down MOABs by 50% instead of the 33% that was intended. It now correctly slows MOABs by 33%.

Hi Ninja Kiwi, I heard a rumour that in this update, Glue Gunner now slows MOABs by more than 50% unintentionally. Can the team please look into this bug and fix it as soon as possible?
                This rumor is in fact true, and it has the same lifespan as it does on regular bloons.

Actually, it turns out MOABs are actually slowed to 33% speed now... WTF NK?
                Last edited by Junior Monkey; 30-06-20, 08:34 PM.
                Look at what you've done NK! You may say that Flash is dying, but I assure you that it won't actually die. You're just cutting slack on these games, and I seek the need to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
                  Another missed opportunity :/

Copy eco nerf isn’t enough. Still unfairly hoses eco and mixed strats. Also no changes to R2G and eco amp. Eco choke finally had it coming so it’s not a 0/10 update. Wasn't nerfed enough LUL. This power is just as useful as the viral frost upgrade (which is not useful at all). It was always like this and somehow made even worse.

Power lock getting another nerf instead of being reverted to 12s (or just kept as it was) tells me nk only now listens to those who don’t know how to play without powers just like with the last update. Yep, another SBB nerf and another wave of sabo power nerfs without touching damage boost or any of the track powers. No dude, this change needed to be done. Now you have to be more wise about when to use it instead of relentlessly spamming it.

TTS finally gets inherent counterplay like KO. One of the few good changes along with the eco choke nerf. Agree, but don't agree.

The fact that bloon trap was always giving $2/RBE instead of $1 (this change won’t solve anything) was going to doom eco/mixed strats the day someone else besides liminx88 or Mr. B uses ninja engie. Please just “correct” it to $1/RBE this isn’t BMC. Okay this I can 100% agree on.

Glue correction should put it in line with the other stalls but bloon liquefier soaking through moab layers is a problem in cards. As if glue hasn't already been unintentionally overbuffed in the last update, it's even more meta worthy now.

Underlying issues are still not resolved. Wired funds cobras are now equally as efficient as 0/0 farms which shouldn’t happen because farms cant shoot. And so is glue, apparently.

We need another 4.1. An overhaul hitting tower and track powers with a wave of bloon buffs.

Edit: also revert 0/0 farm and Heli
                  Comments in red

Comment

1. If nobody used copy eco it was because it hosed eco and mixed strats so hard that everyone was forced to go pure farms making it pointless.

2. Why? so you don’t have to be wise about defending and instead just track power/damage boost away every rush?

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
                      1. If nobody used copy eco it was because it hosed eco and mixed strats so hard that everyone was forced to go pure farms making it pointless.

2. Why? so you don’t have to be wise about defending and instead just track power/damage boost away every rush?
                      1. Exactly, so why is there a reason to nerf the power then? Even in normal eco games this power was nigh useless before the nerf. I guess the best way to use these powers is right after you rush your opponent with MOAB-class bloons, but still, there should be more uses than that, such as countering salted wounds. Either that, or just nerf salted wounds. I don't care.

2. There should be some sort of trade off for a power that diables powers and abilities for the other opponent. With three uses, your opponent stands no chance with power lock. With only two, it allows the other player to decide whether to force a boost on the opponent or use power lock.

Comment

1. Free 500-700 eco for no investment on round 8 didn’t have an impact? Salted is hard countered by NLLing.

2. There should be a trade off to wiping any rush for free. Oh wait there isn’t. With power lock not hitting abilities there’s no excuse.

Comment

Working...
                        X