Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloons TD Battles Update 6.5.1 - Patch Notes!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloons TD Battles Update 6.5.1 - Patch Notes!

Just a few smaller changes in this update, as well as some back-end bug fixes to help improve overall gameplay!

New Features
    • Custom Clubs - players can choose to disable the 4s global Powers cooldown.
    • Clans - leaders can set a minimum badge for clan entry.
    • Boosts Only mode now includes Red Hot Spikes.

That's all for this update. Your feedback is welcome, as always!

As a clan leader the badge from a recruit isn't the only thing I look at. I also take into account how active a player is, sometimes I watch them in the queue for a few days to see how many games they play on a daily basis. Also important is the arenas they play, is it a Yellow Stadium or a CC player?

Furthermore, it would be nice if you could invite players into your clan. I would love to have to button after a game has been played to invite your opponent into your clan. Maybe replace the Report button with this because that one isn't used. An option could be to also allow officers the right to invite people.

Talking about officers, their role is pretty useless and I don't really use them. They are dangerous because they can kick everyone and nuke the clan.

I would love to havethe ability to highlight certain players. Maybe give the best grinder of the week a star next to his name. Or the player with the most games has a different icon or color.

Also, clan management can be made easier. Right now I spend half an hour per day noting all players activity into Excel to make better decisions about who is active and who should be kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Clans - leaders can set a minimum badge for clan entry
      I'm curious. Why did NK finally implement this now, after years of ignoring persistent requests for it?

Comment

• Sam
        Sam commented
        Editing a comment
        It wasn't being ignored, we just had to prioritise other things over this before. Sorry it took so long!

Will there be plans to further customize custom club matches such as a specific boosts only mode or the option to disable 4th towers as well?
      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

• Sam
        Sam commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not out of the question for a future update, but no plans at the moment

good update, some changes are bit late, but better late then never.
      something I would like to see in the next update are some changes to tournaments. a lot of streamers want have boost only for tournaments (without 4 sec cooldown)

Comment

yo NK, why i didnt get power xp on ceramic crucible boost only after update?

Comment

• RoelJanssens
          RoelJanssens commented
          Editing a comment
          Because you played Boosts Only and didn't use powers?

• Sam
          Sam commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, Powers XP isn't earned in Boosts Only!

So, since the permament boosts only arena was added, I think it's time to make some balance changes to towers. I am going to suggest some of them in this post (I can't make threads yet).

Spike Factory is a tower that can be used to catch leaks and "charge" popping power to unleash it all at once. But it is barely used in competitive matches. What's wrong with it? The answer: low popping power. This tower and its upgrades lack cost efficiency, and they simply aren't worth it in most situations (unless spike factory is one of your "main popping power" towers). The ability isn't that useless, but it is only effective if there are 1-2 MOABs, BFBs or ZOMGs. It simply does not work well against groups.

Hey, isn't it supposed to be only good at spaced bloons? If you think about it, it doesn't outstandingly deal against the spaced bloons. And then again, sending a few more ZOMGs or BFBs will already overwhelm Spike Factory and its ability. Would you rather want to deal slightly better with spaced bloons, or just take Ninja, which is also pretty good against spaced bloons + halves the speed of bloons? Anyway, I suggest that Spike Factory's spikes have pierce increased by 60% (ex.: 5 becomes 8). This should be good enough. Don't worry about it getting OP, don't hesitate to experiment with what could diversify strategies even more, after all, I doubt it will cause harm at all!

Glue Gunner. This is another tower that is barely seen in competitive matches. What are its strengths? It slows down bloons, which gives more time for other towers to pop glued bloons. The 3/2 upgrade can make popping Ceramic bloons after a MOAB is popped much easier. There could be more potential uses, but let's talk about how is this tower obsolete​​​​​. Let's bring up, for example, Ninja Farm Glue strategy. Due to how expensive glue gunner and its upgrades are, it is not viable for early game defense. Ninja isn't much better for early game. What about mid-game (rounds 12-17)? Since you had to spend lots of money on early game defense and focus less on farms, it will be really hard to defend R13 rushes while maintaining half-decent income. Now we are in epic late game. Glue gunner becomes practically useless. Not a good strategy overall, right? Perhaps it's better to replace glue with boomerang, tack or even ice.

I'm confident that there are better glue strats, but I'm sure that most, if not all of them, have better alternatives without glue. My suggestion: make this tower and its upgrades cheaper. Maybe some upgrade could also make it effect MOABs.

Sniper Monkey. Now this one is clearly meant for spaced bloons. Then again, it also suffers from lack of cost-effective popping power. It seemingly deals well against R13 rushes, but the 2/3 sniper is quite expensive to afford and eventually becomes overwhelmed by a big/smart enough rush. 1/3 sniper leaves lots of bloons, so better upgrade to 2/3. It does quite well against a single MOAB-class bloon, but when there are 2 or more of them, it, again, just loses efficiency. 4/2 sniper is very expensive. Granted, it stalls MOAB-class bloons, or, to be exact, a single MOAB-class bloon. Grouped bloon rushes are in the META, so sniper is not a viable choice here.​​​​​ I suggest giving Sniper Monkey a significant price buff to its upgrades. If it is only good against spaced bloons, why not make it WONDERFUL against them?
        Last edited by If Confused Alligator; 30-11-19, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• RoelJanssens
          RoelJanssens commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Yes, we need some tower balances in Boosts Only. Glue & Spike is a nice suggestion

I would also like some nerfing to Heli, Boat, Boomer & Dart. Especially the first three can solo too much early game.

• BTD Battles Scrub
          BTD Battles Scrub commented
          Editing a comment
          All those towers lose earlygame unless they spend a lot of money except for boomer which is a dedicated earlygame tower.
      Working...
      X