Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloons TD Battles Update 6.4 - Patch Notes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloons TD Battles Update 6.4 - Patch Notes!

• New Features
      • New Map: Moon Landing
    • Balance Changes
      • Sabotage Powers:
        • Team Tower Stun: Duration reduced to 2s (was 3s).
        • Deactivated Abilities: Duration reduced to 15s (was 20s).
        • Eco Choke: Duration reduced to 7s (was 14s). Uses increased to 3 (was 2).
        • Sell Freeze: Duration reduced to 12s (was 20s).
      • Tower Powers:
        • Damage Boost: Cooldown increased by 3s.
      • Track Powers:
        • Lightning Bolts: Cooldown increased to 4s (was 0s).
        • Juggerlanche: Cooldown increased to 8s (was 0s).
        • Glue Storm: Duration increased by 2s.
      • Bloon Powers:
        • Super Bloon Boost: Increases sent Bloons speed by 75% (was 60%).
      • Eco Powers:
        • Eco Amplifier: Income multiplier reduced to 2x (was 3x). Uses reduced to 2 (was 3).
      • The following maps have had slight changes to ensure both sides are functionally identical for placement areas etc.
        • Shallow River
        • Hydro Dam
        • Zen Garden
        • Ice Flow
        • Water Hazard
        • Hot Tub
        • Offside
        • Area 52
        • Industrial Zone
        • Blastapopoulos
        • Bloon Circles
        • Battle Sands
        • Mine
        • Indoor Pools
        • Park
        • Patch
    • Bug Fixes
      • Fixed visual issue in Card Battles replays.
      • Fixed powers being usable in the Card Battles tutorial.
      • Fixed + buttons in Battle School not leading to the store
      • Fixed visual issues in clan menus
      • Fixed tournament winners not being declared
      • Fixed auto-loss from forfeiting a previous tournament game
      • Fixed Eco Boost Power not showing how much eco the player receives during the first 3 rounds
      • Fixed incorrect visuals in the Beefy MOAB power
      • Minor text fixes

As always, please let us know your feedback in the comments below!

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    As always, please let us know your feedback in the comments below!
    Why, so you can ignore it again?

Tweaking powers for eternity won't fix the game.

Comment

These updates make this game only more unbalanced

Comment

Forgot to nerf tower blindness, now with an increased speed boost it's way more powerful
        Also buff quick shot, it's way too bad now

Comment

Hi Ninja Kiwi, thanks for doing some of the balance changes we asked for. It looks like Super Bloon Boost is going to be meta now. I think Eco Amplifier was nerfed a bit too much, it now only gives a third of the money it used to.
          (Math incoming: Assume 250 eco. Old Eco Amplifier triples your eco thrice, so you get +$500 +$500 +$500 = +$1500 compared to if you didn't have eco amp. New eco amp doubles your eco twice, so you get +$250 +$250 = +$500. And $500 is a third of $1500.)

The update isn't out on Android yet, i'll update this comment with more opinions once I get to test them.

Suggestions for next update:
          Make Old School and Boosts Only give more universal XP per game instead of about 10. These game modes don't give any Sabo or Eco XP which is what most people lack. People are hating this game because if they don't have good Eco/Sabo powers, they're forced to grind Free Powerups to get Eco and Sabo XP but they have to face opponents with better eco/sabo powers which is extremely frustrating to play against. You'd still get money from making this change because more people would wanna buy club access, since Boosts Only and Old School require club access. An appropriate amount of Universal XP given for these modes could be 30-40 in Boosts Only, and 40-50 in Old School mode. (less XP for lower arenas)

Allow the hosts of tournaments to choose to ban certain powers, just like they can ban towers. Also allow players to use locked powers in tournaments. This is already allowed in R3 mode. I'm pretty sure streamers would want the most skilled person to win; not the person who has most XP to unlock better powers. These changes would allow for more fun and more fair tournament streams.

Last but not least, let people watch ads for Universal XP, just like they can watch ads for energy and medallions. You will definitely get a lot of ad revenue by doing this. I don't mind watching ads for hours till my powers are unlocked and I'm sure most people would prefer watching ads to losing unfairly and raging.

Edit: Thanks Locky also I think putting Universal XP in the Battle Wheel would make it more useful for players who already have lots of medallions.
          Last edited by Leeisateam; 23-08-19, 04:50 AM.
          Merely complaining won't change anything and makes you look whiny. If you want to improve the game you should suggest changes. If your ideas are great, it might gain traction and get noticed by the Ninja Kiwi staff.

Some suggestions I made which were implemented:
          Jun`17: Battles TV replays sort by Prestige
          Aug`18: Fixed multiple badge glitch in NK Open
          Jan`19: Old School mode in Tourneys. Make R3 mode give random powers. Nerf Turbo MOABs.
          July`19: Stop powers modding

Comment

• Locky
            Locky commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Leeisateam, will pass this on to the team.

• ArtificialPeace
            ArtificialPeace commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd like to see energy on the wheel along with XP. Also I've had issues with watching ads to get energy. I constantly get "No video's available" notice. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall after a reboot on my iPad, with the same results. Causing me to spend money to get energy, which I suppose is good for NK, but slightly annoying on my end. Spending $80-$100 a week on energy isn't good for my wallet.

A new map that isn’t a river :0

So now damage boost lasts 18s but has a 33s cooldown? Why not 15s and a 30s cooldown to make it consistent with other boosts?

75% SBB is basically quick shot but works on MOABs LUL. I don’t get this one. Surprised it was even buffed.

Cooldown for lightning bolts no longer makes it a r13 defense by using all 3 but using one at a time before that still takes out a lot of counterplay meaning they’ll get all the money they want before then. Juggerlanche getting a cooldown is lowkey a buff, glue, acid and pineapples are still issues, top path is still unoriginal and shield is still trash.

The absolute units actually nerfed eco amp (and backwards eco amp) now the power-reliant “pros” will have to use r2g and copy eco to get their free money for no reason. Cash injection is still the worst by far.

Map balances will never be complete until the discrimination against left-handed monkeys end 🤜

Overall still not ready. Without powers you’re still going to autolose only now to SBB or r8 bias with chain lightning, damage boost and r2g/copy eco not allowing you to rush :/

Edit: surprised that they did a lot more than I expected but still didn’t address the underlying issues with some powers like not being able to sell towers affected by TTS or KO and power lock hitting abilities too.
          Last edited by BTD Battles Scrub; 22-08-19, 04:48 PM.
          I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

• Locky
            Locky commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the feedback Battles Scrub. Will pass on to the team.

• ArtificialPeace
            ArtificialPeace commented
            Editing a comment
            Map balances aren't worked out yet. For instance Park still allows one additional farm on the left side. Pumpkin Patch changes are horrible. Also agree that monkey's should switch hands depending on side of map.

Originally posted by Leeisateam View Post
          Placeholder
          Lee’s here :0000

Comment

Team Tower Stun wasn't bad because of how long it lasted but rather how it worked - there were no loopholes to it. Most activated abilities don't work, you can't sell towers, new towers placed have no effect. This is what separates it from other sabo powers. When abilities and powers are deactivated, you can still sell and place towers. When your towers are slowed, you can use a tower boost. When someone uses eco choke or price gouge, you can still sell towers, use eco/track/tower powers, etc etc. It's pointless to have 5 power categories and 3 power slots if there is a commonly used strategy can only be countered with track powers. Please change some aspects of it or replace it entirely.

Lightning bolts was and is a very useful power because of how long it lasted and how reliable it was. Juggerlanche is much shorter and less reliable, because it does more damage to some bloons than others and has a very delayed impact as the attacks fall from the top of the screen. Why was juggerlanche nerfed more than lightning bolts?

Comment

None of these updates will ever matter unless it's one that removes the ridiculous powers from the game. The grind for powers combined with the grind to actually unlock all the tier 4s makes the game so miserable to play.
              That moment when your user ID is the meaning of life...
              I'm that edgy guy who make dank memes and sometimes posts.
              Also, I probably did a thing in freeplay.
              Also orange because it's cool.

Comment

Juggerlanche getting a cooldown is actually a buff xd

Comment

Originally posted by TheWaddleGames View Post
                  None of these updates will ever matter unless it's one that removes the ridiculous powers from the game. The grind for powers combined with the grind to actually unlock all the tier 4s makes the game so miserable to play.
                  It’s not better even after getting all the powers but you came back :0000

Comment

Originally posted by Leeisateam View Post
                    Hi Ninja Kiwi, thanks for doing some of the balance changes we asked for. It looks like Super Bloon Boost is going to be meta now. I think Eco Amplifier was nerfed a bit too much, it now only gives a third of the money it used to.
                    (Math incoming: Assume 250 eco. Old Eco Amplifier triples your eco thrice, so you get +$500 +$500 +$500 = +$1500 compared to if you didn't have eco amp. New eco amp doubles your eco twice, so you get +$250 +$250 = +$500. And $500 is a third of $1500.)

The update isn't out on Android yet, i'll update this comment with more opinions once I get to test them.

Suggestions for next update:
                    Make Old School and Boosts Only give more universal XP per game instead of about 10. These game modes don't give any Sabo or Eco XP which is what most people lack. People are hating this game because if they don't have good Eco/Sabo powers, they're forced to grind Free Powerups to get Eco and Sabo XP but they have to face opponents with better eco/sabo powers which is extremely frustrating to play against. You'd still get money from making this change because more people would wanna buy club access, since Boosts Only and Old School require club access. An appropriate amount of Universal XP given for these modes could be 30-40 in Boosts Only, and 40-50 in Old School mode. (less XP for lower arenas)

Allow the hosts of tournaments to choose to ban certain powers, just like they can ban towers. Also allow players to use locked powers in tournaments. This is already allowed in R3 mode. I'm pretty sure streamers would want the most skilled person to win; not the person who has most XP to unlock better powers. These changes would allow for more fun and more fair tournament streams.

Last but not least, let people watch ads for Universal XP, just like they can watch ads for energy and medallions. You will definitely get a lot of ad revenue by doing this. I don't mind watching ads for hours till my powers are unlocked and I'm sure most people would prefer watching ads to losing unfairly and raging.
                    Eco amp was literally “LOL FREE MONEY” for no reason and basically gave one player a free plantation without the other player being allowed to do anything about it. Eco amp actually gives you more money the more eco you build up but simply using it at the start for the free plantation outvalued any other use for it. Farms snowball super hard in mobile and the solution to that has always been to pressure and send bloons at the opponent so they have to buy towers instead of farms to delay their first factory or bia. This was also the problem with track powers, damage boost lasting an eternity (which it still does) and eco powers like r2g and copy eco. It’s also the reason why eco choke became the best sabo power; simply because it was a reverse eco amp.

Old school and boosts only not giving that much xd isn’t the problem because the people that play those modes don’t want to play with powers anyway. The problem is there’s a gap between classic old school and os/bo moab/bfb/boss so the new players don’t have a way to climb up without running into powers. Having an os or bo lead dungeon or rainbow ruins is a better fix to this while still having the incentive to buy club. There are also other things that could’ve been made to sell like remaining tower skins, new profile skins etc. unless it turns out 0 people bought those.

I’m not a dev but I heard devs barely get anything from ads and that IAPS are the biggest source of revenue.

Tournaments should also have the option to enable/disable 4th towers. I was surprised the option to ban powers wasn’t added but maybe that would’ve cluttered up the tournament creation screen too much idk.
                    Last edited by BTD Battles Scrub; 22-08-19, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Please enable Boosts Only in CC so I can play normal games without the stupid (sabo) powers.

Eco Amp is nerfed too much.

Why isn't Power Lock nerfed?

What about Heli?
                      Last edited by RoelJanssens; 22-08-19, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Yay, my Team Tower Stun nerf suggestion got in
                        However, Knock Out still sucks. The cooldown is too long to be viable in most cases, if it had like a 5s cooldown it would be fine.
                        , ,
                        Originally posted by Cupid Monkey
                        I love you Bloons. So much, that I want to pop you.

Comment

If you could sell towers hit by KO or TTS it would be fine.

Comment

• RoelJanssens
                            RoelJanssens commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's a pretty nice suggestion!
                        Working...
                        X