Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C'mon NK, answer us!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • C'mon NK, answer us!!

    These latest discussions about powers and the games development have been very active. But no response from NK.

    Why is this? Is NK really this arrogant towards those who make their jobs possible? Is it really the case that NK doesn't care anymore?
    From a players perspective this is a huge middle finger straight in the face. Is this what NK wants to show us?

    Last chance NK. Show at least some presence in this thread so that we, the users, can see that you haven't given up.

    If no response is shown, I urge anyone who hates power and silence from NK to really think if this is a game you want to support. I know I don't ....

    Will NK finally show itself? Or will their silence push more players over the edge?

    (Let's see if this thread will stay posted or if it will be removed)
    Last edited by Gleniuz; 08-08-19, 01:20 PM.

  • #2
    I approve of this message.

    Love bloons and want a chill server to Kongregate in? Join Bloons World! Over one THOUSAND members strong and growing strong!! https://discord.gg/Detpg2N

    Comment


    • #3
      Tip: if you want a post to be taken down and get banned just insult them personally and not bring up any points or concerns :P
      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

      I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry for the radio silence on the forums. They've not been the most active place recently so our efforts have been focused elsewhere. Please understand that we absolutely hear you and understand where you're coming from with Powers. When they were first introduced, we planned to release all five Power types (the last of which being Sabo), let the meta settle down, give time for the community to get used to them and go from there. Since Sabo Powers, the vocal community has generally had a mixed reaction; some dislike Powers, some like them, some like them but just think they need re-balanced. Whichever opinion yours is, we value it and take it on-board. Just because we don't reply to everything, doesn't mean we're not listening (note the addition of Old School and Boosts Only modes).

        Outside of you guys (the active vocal community), we need to also operate as a business and look at the data. Our data shows that other players are enjoying Powers; they're playing games to earn more XP and spending much more time in the game than they did before, so we can't overlook that either.

        All of that being said, we are working on an update which includes balance changes to some Powers, and once that has settled down, we hope to do some re-balancing of towers in general, so please keep the feedback coming and keep it as detailed/constructive as possible. We're listening

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Sorry for the radio silence on the forums. They've not been the most active place recently so our efforts have been focused elsewhere. Please understand that we absolutely hear you and understand where you're coming from with Powers. When they were first introduced, we planned to release all five Power types (the last of which being Sabo), let the meta settle down, give time for the community to get used to them and go from there. Since Sabo Powers, the vocal community has generally had a mixed reaction; some dislike Powers, some like them, some like them but just think they need re-balanced. Whichever opinion yours is, we value it and take it on-board. Just because we don't reply to everything, doesn't mean we're not listening (note the addition of Old School and Boosts Only modes).

          Outside of you guys (the active vocal community), we need to also operate as a business and look at the data. Our data shows that other players are enjoying Powers; they're playing games to earn more XP and spending much more time in the game than they did before, so we can't overlook that either.

          All of that being said, we are working on an update which includes balance changes to some Powers, and once that has settled down, we hope to do some re-balancing of towers in general, so please keep the feedback coming and keep it as detailed/constructive as possible. We're listening
          The staff is alive :O

          Now I can ask the most important question:

          why do you like rivers so much?
          I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

          I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Outside of you guys (the active vocal community), we need to also operate as a business and look at the data. Our data shows that other players are enjoying Powers; they're playing games to earn more XP and spending much more time in the game than they did before, so we can't overlook that either.
            Your data shows that powers make you money in the short term, ergo powers keep getting added. And the Steam numbers show that people hate powers and are leaving en masse. There's literally one guy who has vocally said that he likes all powers. The rest are grinders who hate powers in general and stopped playing, or weaker players who hate sabotage powers for temporarily disabling their Win buttons.

            Powers are just NK killing the goose to get the golden egg. Doesn't work out well for anyone in the long run.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Just because we don't reply to everything, doesn't mean we're not listening (note the addition of Old School and Boosts Only modes).

              All of that being said, we are working on an update which includes balance changes to some Powers, and once that has settled down, we hope to do some re-balancing of towers in general, so please keep the feedback coming and keep it as detailed/constructive as possible. We're listening
              I have never seen a Boosts Only mode in my arena which is CC, why are you (again) only pleasing the higher arenas / the grinding people?

              Those balance changes you mention won't help, it's only very small imprimprovements. Balancing should occur more often, based on the most used strategies.

              It's sad that the sabo powers will still be in the game, the game will still be no fun to play anymore.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoelJanssens View Post
                I have never seen a Boosts Only mode in my arena which is CC, why are you (again) only pleasing the higher arenas / the grinding people?
                Because it's grinders who spend money, despite NK constantly treating us like a loud and irrelevant minority that needs to be shushed. But yeah, with no safe grinding arenas, those noobs they paid SSundee to bring in will immediately get crushed by powers and leave.

                Cards is in the same boat - no t0, probably never will be. Which is why it's completely dead now, aside from Kinq and Kanye boosting in the BFB arenas.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Valentijn View Post

                  Your data shows that powers make you money in the short term, ergo powers keep getting added. And the Steam numbers show that people hate powers and are leaving en masse. There's literally one guy who has vocally said that he likes all powers. The rest are grinders who hate powers in general and stopped playing, or weaker players who hate sabotage powers for temporarily disabling their Win buttons.

                  Powers are just NK killing the goose to get the golden egg. Doesn't work out well for anyone in the long run.
                  The data I'm referring to isn't based on revenue. It's based on player sessions and user retention, which has been on the increase since Powers and therefore is something we can't ignore As I mentioned before, the plan was to always release all five Powers and go from there, and everything you're saying here is being taken on board when it comes to our decision making. We care a tonne for the vocal community

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sam View Post

                    The data I'm referring to isn't based on revenue. It's based on player sessions and user retention, which has been on the increase since Powers and therefore is something we can't ignore As I mentioned before, the plan was to always release all five Powers and go from there, and everything you're saying here is being taken on board when it comes to our decision making. We care a tonne for the vocal community
                    Just curious when were the other times you’ve seen similar trends in player retention? Not going to comment on them I’m just itching to know.

                    are there plans to add old school/boosts only to other arenas besides moab/bfb/boss?
                    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

                    I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Sorry for the radio silence on the forums. They've not been the most active place recently so our efforts have been focused elsewhere. Please understand that we absolutely hear you and understand where you're coming from with Powers. When they were first introduced, we planned to release all five Power types (the last of which being Sabo), let the meta settle down, give time for the community to get used to them and go from there. Since Sabo Powers, the vocal community has generally had a mixed reaction; some dislike Powers, some like them, some like them but just think they need re-balanced. Whichever opinion yours is, we value it and take it on-board. Just because we don't reply to everything, doesn't mean we're not listening (note the addition of Old School and Boosts Only modes).

                      Outside of you guys (the active vocal community), we need to also operate as a business and look at the data. Our data shows that other players are enjoying Powers; they're playing games to earn more XP and spending much more time in the game than they did before, so we can't overlook that either.

                      All of that being said, we are working on an update which includes balance changes to some Powers, and once that has settled down, we hope to do some re-balancing of towers in general, so please keep the feedback coming and keep it as detailed/constructive as possible. We're listening

                      I love Ninja Kiwi, always have, and I'd protect it from anyone and anything, but that includes protecting it from itself as well, and right now Ninja Kiwi is unknowingly hurting itself.

                      You state that the plan was to release all 5 powers, then look over stuff when what they should've done is focus more on the feedback and not release more than they could handle. The mixed reactions started before Sabo powers, it only escalated to nearly full-blown hatred afterwards. You're talking about data; Data is good, it gives you all the facts while also shielding out all the extra stuff like personal feedback, comments in forums, chatrooms, etc. Data shows you numbers, which you seemingly think directly correlates to happiness! Playing to earn more XP and spending much more time? Of course they are! But that's because they have to, otherwise the game would hardly be playable at all. What you're really overlooking is basic player emotion and feedback. "Powers" have become a sort of Elementary school bully that does not know how much it is hurting the entire player-base. Old School and Boosts Only modes was a great start, but that does not mean you should stop there. What good is a little extra cash with what you've done recently, when the majority of players are leaving due to what's been pushed aside?

                      I'll put it this way: Would you rather get $1 from 1 million players, or $100 from 100 people? With the current path that Ninja Kiwi has decided to tread, y'all are blindly going for the shiny $100 without even knowing it!

                      Originally posted by Sam View Post

                      The data I'm referring to isn't based on revenue. It's based on player sessions and user retention, which has been on the increase since Powers and therefore is something we can't ignore As I mentioned before, the plan was to always release all five Powers and go from there, and everything you're saying here is being taken on board when it comes to our decision making. We care a tonne for the vocal community
                      No company is perfect, so we shouldn't expect perfection, but y'all need to wake up and realize it's just not working as you intentionally planned. Not even close.

                      Love bloons and want a chill server to Kongregate in? Join Bloons World! Over one THOUSAND members strong and growing strong!! https://discord.gg/Detpg2N

                      Comment


                      • RealzKage
                        RealzKage commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Couldnt have said this in any other way, thanks for speaking it out for us! Sorry NK but its true!

                    • #12
                      This is better off being heard, not read:

                      Love bloons and want a chill server to Kongregate in? Join Bloons World! Over one THOUSAND members strong and growing strong!! https://discord.gg/Detpg2N

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Here's what I got to say
                        .
                        The powers are nonsense, MAJORITY dislikes them, your players base is dying. YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE 2 YEARS ON THIS GAME IF YOU DON'T CHANGE UP YOUR PLANS.
                        The way you have presented the powers was awful.
                        Face it Sam, the majority do not like sabotage powers and these other pitiful unbalanced powers used as the main plot of the game.

                        Make these powers not only balanced, but its own separate mode and arenas while default boosts are the main part of the game and GET RID OF SABOTAGE COMPLETELY!!
                        I'm trying to help you guys possibly become a millionaire company in the future but this is your first step. Don't listen to this and lets see how much progress you will make in 2 years.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          And all of a sudden NK replies! I didn't really expect that so I haven't been paying attention as much as I should have.. *face palming my self*

                          Thank you Sam for the reply.

                          Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Since Sabo Powers, the vocal community has generally had a mixed reaction
                          You could call it "mixed reactions" but you should be able to see that the majority really hates sabo. And I do mean HATE. Sabo is a backfire without compare (unfortunately).

                          Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Just because we don't reply to everything, doesn't mean we're not listening
                          We all understand that you can not reply to everything, of course. But do understand that when more and more members asks for a reply,you need to do so. Otherwise it will create anger. I ask you (NK as a whole) to be more prone to reply when we, the community, asks for it.

                          Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Outside of you guys (the active vocal community), we need to also operate as a business and look at the data. Our data shows that other players are enjoying Powers; they're playing games to earn more XP and spending much more time in the game than they did before, so we can't overlook that either.
                          This has already been addressed by other members, but allow me to adress it as well.
                          Playing more games to earn XP doesn't nessesarly mean "enjoying the game". I would say that it shows more of a "I must do this"-set of mind since you need XP to unlock powers. And you need powers to be able to counter those who already has them unlocked.
                          A "mediocre" player can become an "advanced" player thanks to powers. And only thanks to powers. Sure, it is fun to be able to use a "shortcut" like that. But in the long run it is just frustating..

                          Powers is not the success you wanted it to be. It is not the success the numbers imply it to be.
                          There are players who loves some of the eco- and bloon powers, I know this, but only because they don't have to try as hard to win because of them. And sabo powers (the stun powers especially) falls under this statement as well.
                          But please, make a survey where you ask us what we really think of powers overall and what we think about them singled out. I bet that you would get a completely different picture than what the "numbers" gives you.

                          Thanks once again for your replies, and I hope more will come from NK


                          OH! I almost forgot to reply to BTD Battles Scrub:
                          My intention wasn't to be banned. I was just curious if NK would accept my urging to other players

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            It was a joke lol there have been kids in the past who have gotten banned however
                            I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

                            I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X