No announcement yet.

Sabotage powers are terrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabotage partially compensates for the other messed up powers forcing late game misery constantly. But the solution to powers is more t0 arenas (including in cards), not more powers. Powers suck, full stop, and nothing is going to change that. They make the game stupid. Grinding powers sucks, and all you get as a reward is sucky play with powers and a better chance at winning a stupid game.

Comment

Reset the powers... Go back to the "original" boosts but also keep old school arena so that those who wanna play without any type of power also can enjoy the game..

Comment

People have paid real money for these powers, Ninja Kiwi can't just throw them away.

Best option would be to kill the game immediately and start from scratch.

And this time, LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY AND PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSIONS.

Comment

^ This. How many suggestions for balance changes have I put in? A lot.
          How many actually got through? Haha, just one as far as I know.

Granted, I'm not a hardcore player, nor was I back when I was hot with balance change suggestions, but it still upsets me how many suggestions DIDN'T get through, and don't just take that from me. Other players that have been catering the powers after I left this game have been REPEATEDLY suggesting balances to powers, only for them to be shut out every time there's a new update.
          , ,
          Originally posted by Cupid Monkey
          I love you Bloons. So much, that I want to pop you.

Comment

Quote from this week's blog:

Will the new powers in BTD Battles get removed/reworked? The community for the game don't approve with them almost fully. Or could this be a strategic move for BTD Battles 2...?
            Weโ€™re always looking at the balance of the game, and the overall community feedback. Your feedback is always appreciated! Generally with most new features, it takes a little time before players get used to new metas and the full power of each new strategy.

They just don't get it ๐Ÿ˜ข

Comment

Junior Monkey HA! I got 3 suggestions implemented. Maybe even 4 ๐Ÿ˜›
              I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

Originally posted by RoelJanssens View Post
                Quote from this week's blog:

Will the new powers in BTD Battles get removed/reworked? The community for the game don't approve with them almost fully. Or could this be a strategic move for BTD Battles 2...?
                I won't even try BTD Battles 2 because it will end up just like the current version. Full of sh*t and ignoring the community.. (I may be wrong but I feel sure of this). I'm just a single user of the game and my "exit" won't even make a mark. This I know.
                But what if half, or even a third, of the users make the same desicion? What will NK do then?

NK did a great thing of making BTD a competetive game as well, but they have lost the sight of the defensive part of it. These latest powers (eco included) are purly offensive powers and doesn't belong in a game like this. Sure, you CAN use the eco powers as a defensive player as well but it is basicly an offensive power..

This game has been destroyed. It is no longer BTD Battles. It is BTO Battles...

Comment

• Salmon
                  Salmon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If enough people bind together and make one huge message to Ninja Kiwi, I bet we could get more attention.

• Gleniuz
                  Gleniuz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Attention yes. But would NK really understand? I doubt it.. One can only hope that these discussions in the forums, along with players quitting the game for the same reason, will make NK understand their misstake.

During the last years I have played nearly 15.000 games and I am also actively running a 'medium non grinding clan'. I have invested so much time and effort in this game but with tears in my eyes I'm also slowly getting to the point to throw it all away.

The game was so good! It was tower defense with an offensive twist. Except for the excessive rushes and too much focus on grinding it was all good.

Who asked for powers? No one. Everyone is screaming to get them removed but they just develop new ones.

And what about the silence? Why don't they show their vision? Discuss things with us? All we get is a stupid weekly blog with phrases about bananas and monkeys.

Now there's Jennifer, a new community manager. Will she respond to and talk with us? Or is her job description to be as silent as possible? I wouldn't be surprised because this company is so weird. Or should I call it arrogant and ignorant?

Comment

For someone who was shilling for Powers just 2 months ago you sure hate them ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

I don't hate all the powers, just the ones that undermine the essence of a tower defense game.

I think you're referring to the point that I hated rushes, I still hate them. Some of the early powers helped a little. I really don't see the point of sending a gazillion rainbow hearts or twenty ZOMGs, it's all stupid.

Comment

I donโ€™t see the point in getting a round 3 plantation and round 14 factory every single game

the game was at its best in 2017 since like 4.1-5.0

Comment

Rushes are stupid for those who wants to go late game.

Powers, eco powers more specifically(?), are stupid for those who wants to grind.

How do you satisfy both types? I'm not sure, but I do know that it is NOT with more OP powers!
                        Perhaps put a cap on how many bloons you can send at the same time? Make an arena purely for grinding? I know, I know, old school arena already excists. But what about those who wants to boost their rushes?

Powers need to go, needs to be reset to the "originals", and players need to respect each other when playing the game. If your opponent asks for late game and you don't want that, answer with an angry emoji (or face palm) at least so that you both are on same page. I hate every player who says 'late game' and then rushes you anyway on round 13. Do these players really need to lie in order to have a chance of winning? -.-

Regardless, I agree with BTD Battles Scrub. The game was at its peak before powers was a thing.

Comment

NK isn't listening. And they won't listen to us about this because the point of powers isn't to make the game more fun or fresh. It's to make the game harder when facing opponents with better powers, and to force players to buy faster upgrades to keep up. It's a common concept in free-to-play games, and this is a textbook implementation of it, aside from NK making the gameplay stupid in the process, and therefore not worth grinding or paying to have a fair shot at winning.

Yes, Steam shows their player numbers are plummeting, and NK knows it. But NK's solution is to buy a Fortnite youtuber to sell their game to his 12M followers, by giving him a new account with towers unlocked against new accounts without anything unlocked, and only showing energy-based Assault Mode games with no real powers and which no one can play for long due to energy. NK isn't even trying to keep their players happy - they're just going to replace us with new ones suckered in with deceptive advertising. And then they'll get crushed by powers and leave, and the Cycle of Stupidity begins anew.

NK will never remove powers. And their current method of making money off the game, by making it more difficult for players, suggests that they'll add more powers periodically to force additional purchases or start grinding all over again each time.

Comment

Sabo powers are terrible, yes! But the Cobra tower is just as horrible, it's capabilities feel exactly the same as the sabo powers. It doesn't fit into this game.

Comment

• Gleniuz
                              Gleniuz commented
                              Editing a comment
                              A good way to handle the Cobra (if not removing it) is to put a limit on how many one can have. But I doubt NK will do this..

That is exactly what I've proposed to Ninja Kiwi in the past but they didn't respond.

They could do the same with rushes, put a cap on it! It's just stupid to send a gazillion rainbow hearts or 20 ZOMG's. It is a tower defense game, not need for speed.

Comment

Working...
                            X