Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloons TD Battles Update 6.3 - Patch Notes!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTD Battles Scrub I understand your point of view, and I agree.
    The "original" powers was just enough if you ask me. These new powers (sabo, eco, "upgraded" bloon/tower boosts) took out most of the skill you need to make the game go lategame.
    It was not fun to face the "farm rushers" who went all-in on round 13 of course (some of us just want to go lategame), but you could learn to defend those rushes. But not anymore.. Unless you put most of your freetime into the game in order to learn how every single power works.

Powers has taken out much of the fun in this game.. For everyone ("grinders" as well as "late gamers").

Comment

The game is becoming less and less a tower defense game, I really don't understand the direction this game is going to ...

Comment

RoelJanssens you make a really good point there.
        The game has become more of a tower "offense" game instead of a tower "defense" game..

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
          whoops my reply was for x1134x my bad thought you were the one who replied.

The first powers and eco powers made assault mode bananza simulator which was just uninteresting lategame EVERY game and didn’t do anything to defend mode. At least sabo powers allow you to rush your opponent now.
          Eco powers made Defense mode a completely different animal. It caused players to change their style, as well as find unique ways to cheat they system, or counter powers. It actually added more dimension to the game play and made the game mode better. Sabo has made them worse, since players are now losing earlier, which is counter intuitive for defense mode since it is built for late game.

Comment

It's official, I've decided that sabo shouldn't be used with Defense Mode. It's not okay. I think that when in that game mode, NK needs to remove the option for Sabo. The income is too low to begin with, and I have found myself time and time again in a position where I could destroy my opponent, but don't because I want late game. Also there still needs to be a Defense Club Arena. Call it late game, so players who want late game, get it! C'mon NK, do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gleniuz View Post
              BTD Battles Scrub

I go into defense mode and make my best to outlast them.

Unless you change your entire way of playing as a "defensive" player (wich I am).
              What's your bloons SN? I thought I was the only active defensive mode player on this forum. We should play sometime. Are you on Discord?

Comment

ArtificialPeace What's "bloons SN"? xD

My discord: #0650 (and I'm using the same name and the same avatar)

Comment

• Gleniuz
                  Gleniuz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're not the first having problems with adding me on disc =/ Either way, I use "Gleniuz" in BTD B as well. It's very odd you don't find me...

What's your discord?

• ArtificialPeace
                  ArtificialPeace commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ArtificialPeace #5534

• Gleniuz
                  Gleniuz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've sent you a request ^^

How did eco powers change defend mode? None of the eco boosts or salted can help get above the 3k cap, cash injection is terrible, eco amp makes early game easier when that wasn’t the issue in defend mode, rubber to gold didn’t give the cash needed unless u intentionally regrow farmed and risked crashing yourself, farms already gave tons of cash so fertile soil wasn’t necessary, oviously budget boons doesn’t work, and copy eco was unfair for good players who actually built an income.

sabo powers are counterintuitive to defend mode but all of this happened there because they STILL forgot to take out the bloon boost button
                I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0iUEapYFww_A1N9cIWF_g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g[/URL]

Comment

The struggle to build income in Defense mode is part of the difficulty, not just exceeding the 3k mark. So salted is great for getting early jump on your opponent, since the standard strategy is to leak early. Copy eco is the only counter for this. The farm powers suck, but the eco boosts are helpful as well to reach the 3k mark faster, and build farms faster.

For a mode that makes you struggle for income Sabo powers can remove income completely, or remove the single tower's effectiveness, which a single tower is all you should have until round 19 if you know what you are doing. So knock out, means that you need either two towers, or to sell/rebuy a tower when it's used. Especially against cobras, as a player is normally barely hanging out until round 22 when you finally have enough firepower to stop the bloon adjustment strat. Round 16 zebra's will cause just about all players to lose with one knockout. Especially since you likely only have a few lives by this point. All I'm saying is it made the game trash. The point of the game is to make it as far as possible, not grind out easy wins by knocking the player out before R20.

Comment

Couldn’t knock out be played around by spreading out defense instead of upgrading one tower? I thought price gouge and eco choke would be the best sabo powers in defend mode? How op is TTS?

not saying sabo powers are good for defend mode or anything like that.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0iUEapYFww_A1N9cIWF_g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g[/URL]

Comment

I get what you are saying, but really the basis of Defense is to get the most income the fastest. So by using multiple towers, you are giving up your income. Price Gouge hasn't been used yet on me, for me to know how good it works. Eco Choke is okay, but it doesn't last long enough, it really just pushes the players back a few seconds on eco, but isn't that OP. TTS doesn't last long enough to really make it effective. It's better to knock something out early, or if a player is going with temples, to knock out their first temple and hope they can't defend.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtificialPeace View Post
                        The point of the game is to make it as far as possible, not grind out easy wins by knocking the player out before R20.
                        That indeed should be the essence of every tower defense game yet Ninja Kiwi has a different vision. Sadly enough rushing and grinding is what they think is more important.

To make the game interesting again an option would be to make defense mode more attractive. Right now you only get 1 key per win.

Another option is balancing the most used towers. Right now everyone is using the same strategies over and over and that gets boring.

Comment

Originally posted by RoelJanssens View Post

To make the game interesting again an option would be to make defense mode more attractive. Right now you only get 1 key per win.

Another option is balancing the most used towers. Right now everyone is using the same strategies over and over and that gets boring.
                          Yes, making defense mode attractive is one great solution. Thanks for that Roel. outside of that, the balancing of most used towers would be helpful. The one thing that concerns me is if Ice is nerfed. That's truly one tower that is needed as is. Outside of that I really think they should just consider a BTDB2 and include some of the towers including the T5 upgrades from BTD6. The tracks are stale, as is the towers. But no matter what, I eventually find someone who will bring some new strategy to the table and win. Such as when village stacked. That made the game very interesting. When it was removed, I felt like village would have minimal usage. But then I found new uses for things. The tower I despise the most is engineer, which with sabo powers is even more OP than ever. Since you cannot knock it out, and it's 0-0 version is stronger and better than even a ninja which has a higher cost.

No matter what, NK needs to make some changes for the better. I spend too much on this game to continue down this path...

Comment

The only concern I have for defend mode is that once you figure out the best strat, that's it. There's nothing you can do other than bring the loadout that lasts the longest. Of course that's the point of defend mode but simply by that design it leads to games eventually being stale. Changing towers won't solve this whatsoever since everyone will just use the next best thing.

The same thing has happened in assault mode multiple times the most recent being with powers. Every time assault mode became stale and forced everyone to use the same strategy was whenever players were NOT allowed to rush. At least with defend mode's limited starting income earlygame was a challenge but starting with 250 eco basically made assault a watered down defend mode which took out every challenge associated with it.

You could do alot with defend mode (random trio, old school, boosts only or t0 powers only for example) and even add a defend mode to BTD6's Battles, and it will be fun trying out new strategies and experimenting but you'll hit that wall again.

Battles has had some really good updates and some really bad ones over the years but if they don't fix the underlying issues things will go nowhere.

Comment

• ArtificialPeace
                              ArtificialPeace commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The reason there isn't a "best" tower load out is because of cobras. As such, if you want to bring the best tower load out every time, you cannot defend against bloon adjustment. So there will never be a "always win" strat. Best defense mode strat is Ninjja, Ice, Farm, Super.
                              That can only be beat by cobras, or someone with the exact same load out, who out plays their opponent, but it's very weak against cobras. Though I have a high percentage win ratio, I still get beat if I don't anticipate my opponent's load out properly. Not only that, but you can antistall, or your opponent can antistall. So in truth you can effect your opponent in defense mode, with cobras, as well as other methods. It's not as simple as you make it out to be. Timing, and powers also play a key role. It's not like everyone is using the exact same powers. So going against that also causes variation in play.

I completely agree that so much could be done for defense mode. I don't like Assault mode, because I feel it cheapens the game for me, but not all players. I want to go late game every time, thus the reason for my defense mode only game play. I would love some more spice, but sabo powers isn't the answer. Again, most players go down by round 16-20 now, which isn't even really a game in my opinion.

Thanks for that, I've been screaming for years that bloon adjustment is unfair. Using that capability is just cheating and it doesn't belong in a tower defense game.

Unfortunately, once again, Ninja Kiwi doesn't listen.

Comment

Working...
                            X