Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloons TD Battles Update 6.2 - Patch Notes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloons TD Battles Update 6.2 - Patch Notes!

New Content
    • Introducing Eco Powers: Whether it's buying an awesomely expensive tower upgrade or a devastating MOAB rush, having some extra cash can give you a real edge in a battle. This all-new tree of powers aims to get you exactly that! Boost your farm income, drop some instant cash, or even copy your opponent's eco! Whatever your strategy, eco powers have the answer!
    • What better place to test out your new eco powers than in a brand new map: Shallow River!
    • We've added the option to disable powers in player-run tournaments for those who prefer a more old school style of battling.
    • The Robo Monkey has replaced the 5 Medallion prize on the prize wheel.

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where Turbo MOABs power was not carried to MOAB children.
    • Fixed an issue where players didn't get the same powers when choosing to rematch in Random Trio.
    • R3 and Megaboosts game modes used together in a custom now club work correctly.
    • Fixed an issue where some player's profile popups can cause crashes.
    Powers Changes
    • Turbo MOAB: Speed increase effect reduced by 20% and duration reduced from 25 to 20 seconds.
    • Empowered MOABs: Health and speed increase reduced from 35% to 30% and duration reduced from 20 to 18 seconds.
    • Damage Boost: Damage buff received by towers has been reduced from 2 to 1.
    • Spike Storm: Spike piles pierce has been reduced from 4 to 3.

That's all, folks! Let us know your feedback in the comments below
    Last edited by Sam; 13-03-19, 03:56 PM.

More powers? no thx

Comment

Honestly, tell me how btdb team came up with releasing MORE POWERS

people clearly dont like powers, this is so stupid jesus christ

Comment

Oh yeah, more powes! Gonna try them all

I thought the Turbo Moab childeren were nerfed and now they get buffed again?

Comment

Turbo MOABs only makes moab children turbo not ceramics.

why does the nk staff like rivers so much?

banaza simulator :ResidentSleeper:
          I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel:

Comment

My feedback from Reddit, so NK can ignore it as usual:

I like it when eco powers cause people to get auto-banned or crash. Please make all powers do that when anyone tries to use them.

More seriously, this is the final nail in the Battles coffin. Players already hated the existing powers, and this one is just making a bad situation even worse. People who have been fed up for months are saying they're ready to leave over this - the game has become that stupid and unplayable, and instead of fixing it, NK is massively compounding the problem.

Defensive powers already made it impossible to successfully attack a decent opponent early game, even if they spend almost nothing on defenses. That opponent can simply use powers to defend instead, and funnel all of their money into farms and income. One offensive power cannot balance out two defensive powers, so bloon powers didn't help much.

Eco favors defense until very late game. So those defensive powers can be used to defend while eco powers multiply the benefits of greeding, and players can easily create defenses which are insurmountable until very late game. We're talking about 10-20 minute games likely being the new norm, once games stop crashing constantly. I realize none of you guys at NK have a clue about playing Battles, but long games are really boring, especially when we're all forced to use the same strategy.

The only decent thing left in the game is power-free arenas, but less than 20% of top arenas are power free in Assault, and 0% are power-free in Cards. If you want this game to survive, you need to flip that and make it 80% power-free, with the powers removed from all other club modes and relegated to a club mode for n00bs, just like Bananza is.

Between this and NK's pay-to-cheat BS, I'm done with the game. Again.
            Last edited by Valentijn; 12-03-19, 06:09 PM.

Comment

You're not so done as you say you are because you take it all very seriously. Powers aren't bad and late game isn't bad either.

Everyone using the same strategy (Heli Ice or Ninja Engineer) is very boring though. They should balance the game way more frequently to nerf these strats.

Comment

Just started playing this game again and wow people are already saying it's dead.

I have to say, I liked it better years ago when there wasn't powers. Now everyone goes late game and you don't have to be skilled, you just have to lay T4 spikes and the good ol' RRoD is gone. Just try Old School and watch people flail around when they don't have powers to back themselves up. If you want to nerf rushes, this is a horrible way to do it.

Comment

There never was anything good about RRoD and it was a lame way of winning, just as using Bloon Adjustment from Cobra.

Comment

RRoD was a safety valve everyone had access to and allowed for a variety of strats. Powers and lategame are lame especially when there's no counterplay to them.

Comment

When’s balance changes coming?*cough *cough nerf heli.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi17 View Post
                        They sort of did with some powers nerfs :/

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi17 View Post
                          They now have a feedback page (I forgot the URL) where you can propose balance changes. I hope Heli Ice and Ninja Engineer will get a lot of negative feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by RoelJanssens View Post
                            They now have a feedback page (I forgot the URL) where you can propose balance changes.
                            They took it down, due to the expected monkey business which resulted.

But it's not like NK ever gets past the stage of saying "tell us what you think" and actually listens to us. So it was probably pretty pointless anyhow.
                            Last edited by Valentijn; 14-03-19, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Valentijn View Post

They took it down, due to the expected monkey business which resulted.

But it's not like NK ever gets past the stage of saying "tell us what you think" and actually listening to us. So it was probably pretty pointless anyhow.
                              Probably because most suggestions are terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X