Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTD Battles Update 6.0.1 - Patch Notes!

Welcome to the patch notes for Battles update 6.0.1!

Powers were a big change to the game and will shake up a lot of strategies. We're listening to your feedback, though, so with that said, here is our first list of changes!

Power Changes
    • Upgrade Bloons: bloon count 12 -> 15
    • Upgrade Bloons: upgrade ranks 2 -> 1
    • Monkey Glue: pierce 50 -> 40
    • Lots of Glue: pierce 100 -> 80
    • Monkey Acid: uses 4-> 3
    • Monkey Acid pierce 50 -> 30
    • Range Boost attack speed bonus +20% -> +50%
    • Power XP earned now scales with the arena you're playing in

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed Regen bloon cost multiplier
    • Fixed Tower Boost power not targeting MOABs
    • Fixed Tower Megaboost also applying regular tower power to towers
    • Fixed a crash spectating card battles
    • Fixed powers placement UI on non-widescreen phones
    • Fixed Monkey Apprentice Chain Lightning not affected by Damage Boost power
    • Fixed Village that had its range boosted not affecting towers within its new range
    • Dartling Gun [x/3, x/4]: Fixed further unintended interactions with village causing the gunner to fire extra missiles

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and happy gaming!
    Last edited by Sam; 02-11-18, 05:33 PM.

Please reduce all powers to 25-50% of the current effectiveness. Powers have become the most important aspect of the game, with skill and tower choice only being relevant if both players have the same powers. Currently unskilled players with good powers can easily beat expert players who don't have powers. Accordingly, powers have become the new proxy for skill, with actual skill being relegated to the minor status of a tie-breaker when both players have powers. But skill and experience were what made the game fun, and merely grinding to unlock powers now to use them to win games isn't a fun game. This is no longer even remotely the same game that I enjoyed playing.

The old boosts are a good starting place, as they had a minor effect on the game. But a boosting newbie probably would not have been able to beat a non-boosting expert. Those boosts contributed to maybe 10% of what was needed to win a game. The new boosts are 90-95% of what is needed. There is a place for boosts which are moderately more powerful than the old/default boosts, but it should probably only be contributing 25% or less to determining who wins.

An expert should be able to beat a substantially less skilled player. Otherwise we're just grinding to unlock our "Win" buttons and seeing who hits them the best.

Comment

This sounds like it could be an interesting update if I could actually find a f**king match. Literally haven't been able to find a match in 3 days, no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Valentijn View Post
        Please reduce all powers to 25-50% of the current effectiveness. Powers have become the most important aspect of the game, with skill and tower choice only being relevant if both players have the same powers. Currently unskilled players with good powers can easily beat expert players who don't have powers. Accordingly, powers have become the new proxy for skill, with actual skill being relegated to the minor status of a tie-breaker when both players have powers. But skill and experience were what made the game fun, and merely grinding to unlock powers now to use them to win games isn't a fun game. This is no longer even remotely the same game that I enjoyed playing.

The old boosts are a good starting place, as they had a minor effect on the game. But a boosting newbie probably would not have been able to beat a non-boosting expert. Those boosts contributed to maybe 10% of what was needed to win a game. The new boosts are 90-95% of what is needed. There is a place for boosts which are moderately more powerful than the old/default boosts, but it should probably only be contributing 25% or less to determining who wins.

An expert should be able to beat a substantially less skilled player. Otherwise we're just grinding to unlock our "Win" buttons and seeing who hits them the best.
        Actually expert players can beat noobs no problem without powers. For example before 6.0.1 I played vs calvinoclein with only t1 powers (he has t4 powers) and I won 2 out of 3 games. The only t4 power insanely broken is the triple damage boost.
        (Type something here...............)

Comment

While I am happy that the glue has recieved a considerable nerf, it's still going to be better than most options out there. I also decided to compile suggestions for the next power balance changes before the servers went down:
          Range Boost: +40% range, no attack speed boost, lasts 11 seconds
          Camo Shred: lasts 10 seconds
          Pop boost: lasts 10 seconds
          Damage boost: lasts 7 seconds
          Empowered Towers: lasts 8 seconds
          Big Bloon Beatdown: lasts 10 seconds
          Big Bloon Buster: lasts 6 seconds
          ​​​Big Bloon Slow: lasts 5 seconds
          Monkey Glue pierce decreased to 10
          Lots of Glue pierce decreased to 25
          Acid pool pierce decreased to 6

I'll have to disagree on the Bloon Upgrade nerf, the +2 rank change was fine originally, however I felt the number of bloons that are affected by it should have been reduced to 3-5. Overall good start though
          Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th - NK Day of the Dead, My TK reworking ideas
          Originally posted by Striker Jones
          I love the smell of bubblewrap in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
            Actually expert players can beat noobs no problem without powers. For example before 6.0.1 I played vs calvinoclein with only t1 powers (he has t4 powers) and I won 2 out of 3 games. The only t4 power insanely broken is the triple damage boost.
            T1 = powers, especially T1 glue which is still grossly OP. If you played with only the default (old) powers, you'd be losing most games vs players with powers. Your skill would not be the primary factor in who wins and loses.

Comment

These powers have ruined the game for me. It's like they're trying to make regular battles feel more like club arenas. I think I'm offically done with this game after this update.

Comment

T1 = powers, especially T1 glue which is still grossly OP. If you played with only the default (old) powers, you'd be losing most games vs players with powers. Your skill would not be the primary factor in who wins and loses.
                T1 powers are so quick to unlock, completely excluding them in your argument is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
                  T1 powers are so quick to unlock, completely excluding them in your argument is ridiculous.
                  My argument wasn't that powers are unattainable, but that powers are now more important than skill, and they shouldn't be in a balanced Tower Defense game.

Comment

Looks like the forums are about to get interesting after a while 🍿
                    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
                      Looks like the forums are about to get interesting after a while 🍿
                      Nah I have nothing to prove and I’m not gonna waste my time. I know a lost cause when I see one.

Comment

What's in the 6.0.2 update?

Comment

Originally posted by RoelJanssens View Post
                          What's in the 6.0.2 update?
                          Just a couple of display fixes

Comment

My argument wasn't that powers are unattainable, but that powers are now more important than skill, and they shouldn't be in a balanced Tower Defense game.
                            Please keep the feedback coming. We're monitoring it closely and everything is being noted then passed on to the team!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Please keep the feedback coming. We're monitoring it closely and everything is being noted then passed on to the team!
                              Nerf powers. Until that happens, there's no game to play - at least, not the one we signed up for and have been playing for years. These changes have turned what used to be purely skill-based PvP matches into a grinding game. The powers/boosts are simply far too important now. But if you didn't hear that in my previous correspondence, you aren't going to hear it here either.

And that isn't just a bit of a change which we should be adapting to. It really is an entirely different game now, so please stop telling us we just need to get used to it. The entire concept of the game has fundamentally changed into a different type of game which won't be attractive to many players who liked the concept of the old Battles. Hopefully you'll find some new players to replace us who do like the new grinding game, assuming they can even get started now when facing players with powers that make them impossible for newbies to defeat.

Based on the recent reviews of Battles, newbies are indeed finding the game very unpleasant against people with powers. Getting a power-free arena in for them is extremely urgent, and should have happened when the powers went live. If you want to keep your remaining players, high-level power-free arenas would be helpful as well. Even if it's just a club, at least we could play a bit once or twice a week, even if we don't want to be grinding in arenas with powers anymore or chasing leaderboard positions.

Finally, please try to figure out how to time the updates of incompatible versions of the game so that Steam players aren't 4-5 days behind mobile. That alone has a catastrophic effect on the top Cards arenas, which didn't have many players to begin with, since that means we have far fewer players we can be matched against until Steam catches up.

Comment

Working...
                              X