Does the ice tower need nerfed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the ice tower need nerfed?

This is specifically in reference to the x/3 ice tower because today i've seen 2 different people while randomly watching prestige games in which someone used the ice tower to lag out the opponent by building up so many bloons under it and then after about 15-20 rounds of building up let it burst to cause a giant lag and from what i've seen claiming victory (could have been a double disconnect not sure.) I'm not even sure what to think of this so i honestly couldn't say either way. One hand it's a smart idea it's something that can't be stopped on the other it's a bit on the unfair side so I'm just unsure how to feel about this and curious what others think.
    Yes.
    27.27%
    No.
    63.64%
    Not sure.
    9.09%

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    o
    o
    o
    o
    o
    ooool.

No.

they do that to build up a lot of bloons so shards can pop ZOMGs not to lag out the opponent.
    I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

What is this, flash? xd
      Part AP Hunter, part Youtuber, part KOTH Player/Manager. Skype is smurfblade1999 if you want to add me. Discord is Smurfblade#3916

Comment

Don't nerf the ice tower. Ice shards is powerful and needed.
        Originally posted by Nucleus
        Am I really dead when I move and eat like a living being? I must be a zombie!

Did you know the humming bird moth exists?
        バンダナワドルディ
        I love Bandana (Waddle) Dee too much.
        Sorry Hougetsu I love you too.
        My google+ profile
        Wattpad page
        Current avatar:Bandana Waddle Dee

Comment

Ice Tower is a useful tower, yet cannot handle C bloons and R Bloons. I believe a DPS increase or reduction of regrowing (no too far and not too little) when hit by Ice could be some buff. Nerfs for it, I would say x-4 needs a price nerf. About 4000-5000 on AZ would do.

It's Showtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy05 View Post
            Ice Tower is a useful tower, yet cannot handle C bloons and R Bloons. I believe a DPS increase or reduction of regrowing (no too far and not too little) when hit by Ice could be some buff. Nerfs for it, I would say x-4 needs a price nerf. About 4000-5000 on AZ would do.
            Are you insane? AZ is already $3500 and so much worse than Sabo. Sure AZ lasts forever but it doesn’t affect bloons that get deployed nor does it affect anything past 2 layers. AZ used to be better than sabo because it was much cheaper, but now that they’re very comparable in price sabotage supply lines is a far better upgrade.
            (Type something here...............)

Comment

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post
              Are you insane? AZ is already $3500 and so much worse than Sabo. Sure AZ lasts forever but it doesn’t affect bloons that get deployed nor does it affect anything past 2 layers. AZ used to be better than sabo because it was much cheaper, but now that they’re very comparable in price sabotage supply lines is a far better upgrade.
              Emm... No not insane. Depends on the meta. You can use the ice tower to benefit if it really mattered. Just have to be somewhat intelligent to use it right and it worth's the cost.

Comment

You already have to be intelligent to use ice it’s probably the tower that relies the most on game knowledge.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Hmm... I feel Ice ability is really strong. Sometimes on occasions being superior than SSL alone. Like MOAB-class are slowed indefinitely until two layers popped (ie, the only applicable case is that ZOMGs have normal speed MOABs). Not even 10 seconds slowness duration to all MOAB-class on screen during that ability.

But Scrub has a point - lots of Bloons knowledge required to utilise this guy properly.
                  If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Very late reply, but yes, this is the trade off you have to work off of - use SSL for x and AZ for y. More likely than not it'll take more than 15 seconds to strip off the first two layers of a ZOMG, so in my opinion the price increase for the Absolute Zero was justified. I mean, I was the one who suggested that nerf in the first place, and I don't take any of my words back for why it should be to this day.

SSL is better for lower bloon rank rushes (generally ceramics and MOABs), AZ is better for ZOMGs and maybe BFBs.
                    Ratings, Accepted DCs, My NK Mods, Friday the 13th - NK Day of the Dead, My TK reworking ideas
                    Originally posted by Junior Monkey;n138814
                    Formerly made Ninja Kiwi great again, I wish I still could.

Comment

If you sabo a bloon before it spawns it stays permaslowed (ALL layers) meanwhile ice doesn’t give you any MOAB popping power unlike ninja where you have jitsu spam to pop the MOABs.

Comment

We also need to mention about some of its lesser used upgrades too. Especially with the less used Arctic Wind and even lesser used Viral Frost.
                        If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

If you think arctic wind is “less-used” you haven’t used ice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BTD Battles Scrub View Post
                            LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                            O
                            O
                            O
                            O
                            O
                            O
                            O
                            o
                            o
                            o
                            o
                            o
                            ooool.

No.

they do that to build up a lot of bloons so shards can pop ZOMGs not to lag out the opponent.
                            I'll say this you didn't see the games i saw. You don't know their intent as well as i would. You can guess what a logical use for their intent would be but without seeing it you can't get as much information as someone who did. And i'm fairly certain they were doing it to lag the other person out not to pop a zomg.

Comment

Originally posted by Truelotus1991 View Post

I'll say this you didn't see the games i saw. You don't know their intent as well as i would. You can guess what a logical use for their intent would be but without seeing it you can't get as much information as someone who did. And i'm fairly certain they were doing it to lag the other person out not to pop a zomg.
                              If someone regrow farms purposely with r25 ai they’re trying to lag you out. But building up bloons then letting it all rip like r34 vs zomgs is definitely not intending to crash you lol.
                              (Type something here...............)

Comment

Working...
                              X