Version 4.9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 4.9

How do you feel about Version 4.9? Do you reckon there are still some balancings that are missing or some balancings that are too unfair?
    If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

NK is just testing the waters instead of going all in on the thing. Early Access for some people would be nice. They are usually competitive (and there will not be a golden boy, like SJB2, Ov, or Molt), and know strategies. If they pay attention to some of those people (ISAB, Tyler, Shaft, and inactive Har N), we can have a more enjoyable game.

But the simple is...
    Yep. Chipper, of course.
    Dart can use a few buffs (Price buffs. Triple Darts price decrease, anyone?)
    Tack needs the x-2 to have camo detection
    Sniper is still useless
    Boomer needs some price buffs
    Ninja needs price nerfs
    Bomb needs some nerfs
    AZ for Ice is OP
    Glue is bloody useless
    Boat needs some nerfs
    Super is too expensive
    Apprentice needs some buffs and nerds
    Ace is fine
    Sub could use a hand
    Mortar needs price nerfs
    Dartling can use a few buffs. RoD needs a price buff, BADS needs less rockets (100 down to 80)
    Engi needs more buffs
    Heli is somewhat meta, but needs some buffs and nerfs

Yes. I missed some towers, but this what some things are.

Hello, Pretty Bird

Comment

This isn’t why you don’t listen to moth players. Rip nfm, rip boomer r20, rip every other village strat EXCEPT dartling/village, but hey at least they finally corrected the Moab assassin damage. Pretty much every tier 2 strat is gone but those strats were “aids” anyway amirite :^)
      Last edited by BTD Battles Scrub; 11-02-18, 12:57 AM.
      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

Speedy05

Chipper can't be made viable without making it op. What made it viable before was supa-vac affecting ZOMGs, but that was also highly game breaking because you could infinitely stall them.

Dart definitely does not need a buff. It's the best tower in the game currently for those who know how to use it, and I'd like NK to keep it that way, high skill high reward.

Tack definitely does not need camo detection, that's literally its only weakness pretty much.

Sniper is not useless at all, it's highly effective vs strong bloons.

Boomer price buffs? LOL it's literally the only tower stronger than dart in the early-midgame. It definitely does not need price buffs.

Ninja is very weak in the early-midgame currently, in fact, so weak that this bloonjitsu nerf was unneeded. I have no idea why you want more nerfs.

Bomb needs nerfs? It's one of the most underused towers in the game. It's only used in bomb cobra mortar.

Absolute Zero was nerfed quite a hefty amount, sabotage supply lines is way better now. AZ is certainly not too strong.

Yes glue it useless right now, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Boat certainly does not need nerfs, the only thing it has going for it is fast attack speed and long range. It gets overwhelmed by large grouped rushes.

Yes Super is too expensive, I'm sure everybody knows that.

Such as? Instead of saying wizard needs buffs and nerfs, actually give an example of something, being vague is going to accomplish nothing.

Yeah ace is fine, there's a reason NK hasn't touched it in a while.

Sub is totally fine.

Mortar isn't overpowered at all. I don't understand why you think it needs price nerfs when it has many weaknesses such as regrows and camo exploits.

Dartling needs buffs? I hope that's a joke, the only thing overpriced on that tower is Ray of Doom. Dartling is one of the strongest towers in the early-game and has infinite range, it certainly does not need buffs.

Engi needing more buffs I'm not sure on, we'll need to see how these current changes play out first.

Again, such as? You didn't specify what nerfs or buffs at all.

Most of the things you said were honestly very wrong, and I'm not sure if you even play this game.
        (Type something here...............)

Comment

I think the balance changes are solid. I love that they’re making it so random trio always gets a reliable camo tower. Though, I would of liked to see a slight nerf to heli, as I think the quad darts and razor rotors upgrades are a little too effective for the prIce now.

Comment

Also, no factory buffs?? Have they given up on that tower? Only useful upgrade is spike storm, all the others are overpriced garbage.

Comment

Chipper - Small Buff:
              Nice for late game, but doesn't change the fact that the early upgrades for the Chipper are weak.

Engineer - Small Buff:
              Couple of small price buffs will help save for other upgrades, but these changes still don't address the fact that the 0/2 Upgrade is actually bad. Knocking $25 off of that isn't going to change anything. If anything, rework it so that the Engineer still deploys sentries at the same range as before, but the upgrade just increases the range he and his sentries can shoot at.

Sniper - Small Buff:
              Makes the left side a bit more appealing, but I still think the right side upgrades will remain better for the most part.

Ninja - Medium Nerf:
              Much needed nerf, but the Ninja will still be a strong tower.

Glue Gunner - Small Buff:
              A few small price buffs here and there are nice, but the Glue Gunner will still be a weak pick due to its low popping power. An increase on the slow is needed.

Bucaneer - Good Buff:
              Knocking $2,000 from the cost of Aircraft Carrier will probably make it a good upgrade now. Adding $50 onto Grape Shot is not going to change the fact that 1/1 Boats will still be very spammable.

Village - Good Buff:
              This will be insane in Play with Fire + Bananza on maps where Farms can't be used, or on R3 + Fire + Bananza. Outside of those gamemodes, $3000 is still a very nice price buff and will help boost the usage of bloon economy a bit. However, for the most part, Farms will still be a necessity on most maps and gamemodes.

Boomerang - Small Nerf:
              2 Seconds off of the Boomerang's Ability will hurt its fighting power a bit, but overall should remain a decent tower for the early to mid game.

Bomb Tower - Good Buff:
              Increasing the damage on the Ability will help a bit, and will persaude players to get the ability rather than spamming 2/3 Bomb Towers.

Overall, these changes aren't going to affect the Meta too much. Farms will still reign supreme, and Ninjas and Dart Monkeys will still be very powerful towers.

I can't believe they didn't nerf Farms. They're pretty much a necessity unless it's a map where there's not enough space for at least 3 (eg Ice Flow), or it's Speed Battle. The fact that it's only a bad idea to choose it in two niche situations proves that the Farm just needs a nerf, and so you can pretty much always get more money by using Farms than Eco, unless it's Play with Fire. The ability to sell farms and cast a massive rush is insanely powerful.

Also, did they forget about Card Battles? I feel like it's gotten no attention for so long that they may as well just remove it. I can understand if they don't want to add new cards all the time, but for crying out loud, at least make some balance changes. A start would be nerfing the 1/1 Wizard card so that you can't just spam them for $500 each. Bring Chain Lightning down to $500 (currently $900) so that it can at least be used for defending early rushes. Currently, Juggerlanche does tons more damage for just another $300. There's so many other changes like the one's I've mentioned that they need to be thinking about, and it's just a shame that they seemingly have forgotten about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Carney View Post
                I think the balance changes are solid. I love that they’re making it so random trio always gets a reliable camo tower. Though, I would of liked to see a slight nerf to heli, as I think the quad darts and razor rotors upgrades are a little too effective for the prIce now.
                Quad Darts and Razor Rotors are both very weak to grouped bloons.
                (Type something here...............)

Comment

Originally posted by naturespirit View Post

Quad Darts and Razor Rotors are both very weak to grouped bloons.
                  True, but quad darts doubles the popping power for half the price of the tower, which I think is a little unbalanced.

Comment

Dascavenger, farms definitely don’t need to be nerfed. I think eco is actually pretty viable on a lot of “farm” maps. It just takes more skill and good eco management to pull off. Also, going eco is more for going late game, and is actually far superior on longer maps.

Comment

True, but quad darts doubles the popping power for half the price of the tower, which I think is a little unbalanced.
                      It’s called an UPgrade not a Stay-The-Same-grade.

Quad darts makes a 1/0 heli cost $1800 which defends up to grouped blues like an 0/2 sub or ~2 0/3 darts or ~a 0/1 dartling.
                      I saw a button that said edit post signature so I did.

I forgot I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...Fww_A1N9cIWF_g

Comment

I'm just glad that Bomb and Glue got buffed
                        Pofile Picture: Spaced Pinks (Bloons TD Battles)

Comment

Anyone else pissed about having all the noob maps added to the high arenas? I’m not sure if battle park is in BFB, but it’s definitely in CC now. BFB definitely has some of the other long bull**** maps now. Those maps are so easy and tedious. Honestly, It might be a game killer for me now.

Comment

Dascavenger, farms definitely don’t need to be nerfed. I think eco is actually pretty viable on a lot of “farm” maps. It just takes more skill and good eco management to pull off. Also, going eco is more for going late game, and is actually far superior on longer maps.
                            I never said going Bloon Economy was bad. It's just that in most situations, and from my experiences, Farms quite simply are superior. Sure, Bloon Economy does pressure the opponent with the Bloon Sends, but to any opponent with half a brain, it's not normally a large threat. While Bloon Eco might be more effective on longer maps and on those which don't have enough room for Farms, I can say that from my experiences Farms are the way to go on most maps. If you've just been rushed with Regrow Ceramics or something, you can sell your farms and get a quick defence, whereas with Bloon Eco you don't have that advantage, and the rush could end up killing you. Not only that, but you can also sell your farms and use the money to quickly rush the opponent, whereas if you want to build up money for a rush, most opponents will notice you've stopped sending out bloons and will prepare for a rush just in case. If you're sending out a large BFB/ZOMG Rush, all of the Income you've built up with Bloon Eco over the course of the game is pretty much going down the drain, and you've pretty much lost at this point if the opponent does defend the rush. With farms, saving just a couple of farms gives you at least some remaining income to build a defence should you need it. Not to mention that building up Good Eco requires you to hold down the button constantly, whereas placing and upgrading farms is a lot quicker. This means that if it's going super late game and you're building lots of towers, you're not going to be able to increase your income while doing this. And to top it all off, Banana Farms also give more cash when you use a Monkey Boost.

And I don't believe that Eco requires as much skill as you claim. All you really need to do is send out the highest tier of the top level of bloons that you can, up until pinks where you just simply hold down the button. It doesn't take an economist to know how to increase your income effectively in this game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for the Farm to be nerfed into oblivion. I'm just asking for a few price nerfs to the left-hand side of the Farms, which is usually the best in most situations. This is because even for low level farms, the payout over time from them is very appreciable, and this only gets better and better as the game goes on.

Suggested Changes:

0/0 - $1100 to $1200

1/0 - $350 to $500

3/0 - $3,200 to $3,500

4/0 - $14,000 to $16,000

Comment

I reckon the Heli should have its Razor Rotors nerfed only to the price. It still makes a good lead-popper, but I reckon exploring other lead-poppers would be nice. $1400 is a good balanced price.

Also, for the Spike Factory, I reckon a good number of Spike Factory strategies can arise if we buff the MOAB SHREDR and Spike Storm prices a bit lower. $2750 and $5000 respectively sounds good to me. After going up to Round 20, I could have defended a single BFB or even a BFB with many MOABs quite well if I could spam the Spike Storm Ability, and it can do a quite a good strategy if I pair it with Village. So I reckon Spike Factory would do good if it could do with a few buffs. Even if they don't buff the number of spikes or spike pile lifespan or attack speed, a few price buffs to the right-side upgrades could rise it to be a bit more popular than it currently is.

Interestingly, I don't think the Spike Factory would be too powerful against ZOMGs because it is very weak against ZOMGs against its price.
                              If I can complete any Daily Challenge NAPS, then it should be extremely easy to complete.

Comment

Working...
                              X