X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon
    replied
    Topic question was answered, thread is locked.

Leave a comment:

• chubbywolf
    replied
    I think it will eventually.

Leave a comment:

• qwertyxp2000
    replied
    Originally posted by BTD5DFO View Post
    Well this was something I certainly wasn't expecting. After all these years, we're finally jumping up to BTD6, huh?

I suppose this means few to no more updates for the various versions of 5? Or if 6 is currently mobile only, 5 will still see development?

Honestly, I stop checking for a just a wee while, and a whole game gets announced. I'll certainly look into it on my phone in the future.

If 5 is indeed done, it'd be great to see one last update to the Steam version with the last few missing tracks from Online and (still hoping) the Deluxe content. That would tie up 5 into a nice little bow.

Either way, I'm currently ambivalent about all of this.
    I wonder if BTD5 generation games will continue getting updates after the release of BTD6. I'd suppose they would, but only if BTD5 generation games are close but not anomalously far rivals to BTD6. I see Angry Birds is still supported even when Angry Birds 2 is also supported at the same time. And I'd suppose several other games are like that. But I don't think so with Plants vs Zombies and Plants vs Zombies 2 though, similar tower defense games with by far the most similar properties to the BTD series for a quite a popular game.

Leave a comment:

• connorjb111
    replied
    Thank you all for your answers. They were super helpful!

Leave a comment:

• BTD5DFO
    replied
    Well this was something I certainly wasn't expecting. After all these years, we're finally jumping up to BTD6, huh?

I suppose this means few to no more updates for the various versions of 5? Or if 6 is currently mobile only, 5 will still see development?

Honestly, I stop checking for a just a wee while, and a whole game gets announced. I'll certainly look into it on my phone in the future.

If 5 is indeed done, it'd be great to see one last update to the Steam version with the last few missing tracks from Online and (still hoping) the Deluxe content. That would tie up 5 into a nice little bow.

Either way, I'm currently ambivalent about all of this.

Leave a comment:

• qwertyxp2000
    replied
    Originally posted by undercookednoodles View Post
    Bloons Tower Defense 6 is expected on iOS and Android on June 14th. The pre-order amount is $5 I think.
    That's correct. However, the $5 is in USD; the actual costs may vary from country to country.

Leave a comment:

• undercookednoodles
    replied
    Bloons Tower Defense 6 is expected on iOS and Android on June 14th. The pre-order amount is $5 I think.

Leave a comment:

• qwertyxp2000
    replied
    Originally posted by island ko View Post

I have a feeling they would make a flash BTD6 instead.
    Uhh... I don't believe so, seeing that Flash is going to be fully discontinued on 2020. It seems other games have gotten their discontinuations too, with BTDB Flash being no longer further updated on early 2016, BMC Flash being no longer further updated on early 2017, and BTD5 Flash apparently not being further updated since 2018 due to not seeing any Easter updates to BTD5 Flash this year.

Leave a comment:

• Novarius
    replied
    Okay, wow... I've missed a lot.
    Since when was BTD6 announced?

Leave a comment:

• Salmon
    replied
    Originally posted by stiller90 View Post
    I had noticed something about Bloons Tower Defense 6 the other day on YouTube, and I got curious. I had heard that NK said there will most likely not be a BTD6 due to some of BTD5's updates, features, or whatever they mentioned about it specifically, I don't remember since it was a long time ago. So, my question is, to clarify what this thread was about, will BTD6 be playable on the site and free just like BTD5, or is there a payment. All I want is either "Yes, there will be payments to play" or "No, it will be free to play on the website like BTD5 is."
    Yes, mobile BTD6 will need to be purchased to play. As for a website version, it is currently unknown.

Leave a comment:

• stiller90
    replied
    I had noticed something about Bloons Tower Defense 6 the other day on YouTube, and I got curious. I had heard that NK said there will most likely not be a BTD6 due to some of BTD5's updates, features, or whatever they mentioned about it specifically, I don't remember since it was a long time ago. So, my question is, to clarify what this thread was about, will BTD6 be playable on the site and free just like BTD5, or is there a payment. All I want is either "Yes, there will be payments to play" or "No, it will be free to play on the website like BTD5 is."

Leave a comment:

• island ko
    replied
    Originally posted by bloon4096 View Post
    Will it be possible to buy access to BTD6 through NK Coins?
    I have a feeling they would make a flash BTD6 instead.

Leave a comment:

• bloon4096
    replied
    Will it be possible to buy access to BTD6 through NK Coins?

Leave a comment:

• island ko
    replied
    They should make a free or lite version of BTD6 if they only plan for mobile.

Leave a comment:

• Salmon
    replied
    So, since a Q1 2018 release is looking rather unlikely, can you at least knock that off?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X