• Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Anti-piracy protection

I understand what it is.
    NOT.
    So, here's how it works:
    If someone downloads an illegal copy of the game, the game will either:
    - Crash when any action is performed, like moving the mouse
    - Summon millions of ZOMGs on round 1, making it impossible to progress.
    Unfair anti-piracy protection or nah?
    no
    80.00%
    yes
    20.00%
    Calm down. You don't know what I've been through.
    คɭɭ Շђєรє Շ๏ץร ץєՇ ภ๏Շ ๓ยςђ Շเ๓є,
    ๒єŦ๏гє เ Շคкє ץ๏ยг ร๏ยɭ Շ๏ภเﻮђՇ,
    קเєςє ๒ץ קเєςє เ ๒ยเɭ๔ ץ๏ยг Ŧєคгร,
    ฬђคՇ ςคภ ฬє ยรє Շ๏ єภ๔ Շђเร гเﻮђՇ.
    คɭɭ Շђєรє שєภՇร คภ๔ คɭɭ Շђєรє г๏๏๓ร,
    ภ๏ ςค๓єгค кєєקร ץ๏ย Ŧг๏๓ ץ๏ยг ๔๏๏๓,
    ςยร ภ๏Շђเภﻮ รՇ๏קקє๔ ๓є Ŧг๏๓ Շђє קครՇ ՇђคՇ'ร г๏ՇՇเภﻮ,
    เ'๓ รՇเɭɭ ђєгє.

First of all, cut it out with your nonsensical poll options.

Anti-piracy never works.

Just look at Minecraft. They thought they could get rid of piracy with their new launcher at 1.6, yet to this day cracked versions are still everywhere.

I don't mean to encourage piracy, I'm just saying that imposing anti-piracy in reality is much harder than it seems. For every programmer who is smart enough to implement an anti-piracy feature, there's always one programmer who is smart enough to crack it. Solely relying on a "crash the game if it's illegal" measure won't do anything.

The most NK can do is to cooperate with app provider sites and actively hunt down pirated copies of their games, and encourage the general public (us) to report such instances.
    Last edited by PeterHoHK; 26-06-16, 02:16 AM. Reason: typos everywhere

Comment

The problem would be detecting when the game has been pirated or not. Although my knowledge of coding is small (still learning), pretty sure that would be at least somewhat difficult to program into a game.
      Correct me if i'm wrong please.
      Alice doesn't deserve Smef.
      Subscroob to my YT channel if you want, don't blame me if you recieve trash quality content. I warned you :
      Also friend me on NK :

Comment

Originally posted by ADragon View Post
        The problem would be detecting when the game has been pirated or not. Although my knowledge of coding is small (still learning), pretty sure that would be at least somewhat difficult to program into a game.
        Correct me if i'm wrong please.
        There's probably a way to implement a system that checks if the game has been launched through Steam or not, which activates some sort of "feature" that makes the game unplayable for people who didn't purchase it through Steam.
        |

Comment

If this is meant to be a serious suggestion it would be taken more seriously without the added poll, especially given the pointless and silly options. NK works like a business not as a democracy. They don't decide what to do based on a poll of forum members. Forum members are not a random sample of NK game players anyway so it would not even give them a good idea of what most player think.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatepanda View Post
            If this is meant to be a serious suggestion it would be taken more seriously without the added poll, especially given the pointless and silly options. NK works like a business not as a democracy. They don't decide what to do based on a poll of forum members. Forum members are not a random sample of NK game players anyway so it would not even give them a good idea of what most player think.
            Additionally, the poll question wasn't even about whether or not NK should implement an anti-piracy system in BTD5S. It's a nonsensical poll asking if his ideas are unfair or not, which is irrelevant since the first decision should be about implementing the system.

|

Comment

Working...
            X